View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 10:54 PM
Evil Dead

Eaten Alive 1976 ★★★½

Tobe Hooper stays in similar water as with his absolute masterpiece, Texas Chainsaw. A white trash killer, scum characters (from the corner of my eye, I think I saw Rob Zombie take notes) and bloody kills.

The alligator is pretty scary – certainly the bit with the little girl – but the main killer is not all that memorable since I've seen this before. Seeing RobertEnglund in a role without tons of make up was a nice change, though. His Buck – and yes, he has that roll eye line that rhymes his name with the f word – is the sort of scum you want to see die more than anything else. He makes you hate him with all your might and he dies a terrible death at the hands of the alligator.

Not memorable, but certainly entertaining and I liked the poetic justice element to Judd's end. Three and a half stars.

Eaten Alive! 1980 ★★★½

A groovy cannibal movie with a bit of Jonestown thrown in the mix for good measure.

It has a good dose of gore, a good pace and I liked the actor who portrayed the cult leader. Very enjoyable seventies flick.