View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 04:30 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Finally got around to watching "The Haunting Of Hill House" on Hammer's recommendation.

I thought it was excellent until the ending. I read a little about it afterwards and saw several negative reviews that talked about it being slow and one big monologue and that it had no suspense and wasn't even a horror tv show. I disagree with all of that. I thought the pacing was excellent, it was only the ending that I found somewhat irritating in that we didn't really resolve anything to do with the house itself.

A co-worker told me they watched it and also felt let down by the ending but it was otherwise excellent. She also told me the second season "The Haunting of Bly Manor" wasn't nearly as good. I'll probably still check it out to draw my own conclusions as I usually do but overall I didn't feel like I wasted my time with The Haunting Of Hill House and thought much of it was very well done.

Last edited by realdealblues; 03-11-2021 at 04:31 AM.