View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Little Boo

so scary moments in a horror film...
It really does depend on a subgenre of horror?

But for me the creepiest films are the demonic/ghost ones... and so generally speaking for these...
I guess scenes shot at night add a level of creepy to a scene, as I am scared of dark in general (and this is particularly funny to people when they find out I am a fan of horror films).
When a film sets a dark mood from the very beginning, and the plot slowly reveals more and more of the evil, creating a very heavy tension. Everything just gets worse and you know there is no hope for the characters. That kind of gets me even though the scariest part should perhaps be the final reveal of the mystery itself, but it usually gets ruined without a good beginning.

So to speak of some particular movies, I would probably choose any of James Wan films. Slow movements of the camera in the interior, very fitting music, and an idea when trying to include jump scares in a film, something that we are not used to. For example the clapping scene in the basement in The Conjuring, I would not have guessed in that moment that the entity would reach out from behind the character, which made the scene particularly scary.

I could probably go on forever because yeah I am the smartest when I can not sleep, but this is probably enough for now. Please ignore my brain dead sentence structures and choice of words. Insomnia is speaking for me.