Thread: The Food thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 02:46 PM
That fucking Guy...

I've been suffering from an annoying cold...which, when you've had bronchitis before...tends to trigger it again.

While throughout the day, it's somewhat fine...at night I get the barking coughs, and in the morning hack up some truly awful shit...so last night, I had my first nights sleep in 5 days that I hadn't been woken up by a coughing fit every 10-15 minutes.

The reason I was "ok" last night, was likely a combination of the new medicine
(cold and flu tablets, and some expectorant that helps break up congested stuff in your lungs)
...and something I made myself.

While I'm not in full time work, I do delivery work a few nights a week at a pizzeria.
Now, I don't handle the food so I'm ok to be there.

Anyways, last night I took in a whole habanero, and a ghost pepper.
Cut those up and put them on a pizza along with the standard amount of sauce, a little less cheese, and I went with pineapple to balance the spice, and some chicken for protein.

Wow.
So fucking hot.
My dog ate some, somehow...
I got through about 3 pieces, started sweating, felt quite hot for an hour...had a couple small coughing fits...then went and sat in my bathroom while I ran the hot shower just breathing in the steam.

...and I slept last night, not "fine" but, a lot better.
Never underestimate chilli being an assistant in burning the bad stuff away.
I feel SO much better today.

This morning, I had some grilled vegemite toast, and a cup of english breakfast/earl grey tea.