View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 07:05 AM
Banned

I really like this and it's not because it's Rick and Morty related, but it is a very good think piece about people who are highly intelligent but otherwise have very lonely and miserable lives versus people who are oblivious to higher intelligence but they live life happy, a lot happier than someone who is a deep thinker. If you have a moment watch this because I would love to hear some opinions.

I think the whole idea of who we are meant to be has to do with very early childhood development. Those are the years we learn the most and develop the biggest part of our personality. Those who grow up privileged being handed everything they want or having close family and a support system generally grow up a lot happier than the people who are surrounded by violence and neglect and a dark negative upbringing. It takes tragedy to make people think in new ways which allows them to evolve intellectually. The privileged people who don't have much to worry about never have a need to use these emotions or certain survival skills for a lack of a better term and they grow up to be more like Jerry while the people who have always had to stay ahead of the curb for whatever reason, exercise their brain much more thus unlocking more potential and discovering more about yourself which allows you to become more like Rick.