View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
You are suggesting the movie is too dark even for horror fans, ala Cannibal Holocaust?
I still haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust. But it's just the kills are I guess more realistic and harsh. It's like when I talked either here or on HorrorDVDs about that sleeping bad death in the Friday the 13th remake. That's a death scene that would be fitting for The Prowler because Jason is supposed to kill quick. Boom and you're usually dead. In The Prowler the kills are drawn out more in both the beginning and ending. And the killer is mean in his treatment of the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Didn't think this was bad and great FX by Savini. Also enjoyed the lovely Cape May NJ scenery.

VIDEODROME (1982). While it's quite relevant today with people being overly obsessed with technology, this just gets too weird and is almost incomprehensible by the end. Some good scenes, but not one of Cronenberg's better films. **
The location in The Prowler is good. I wish we got more of it to really feel the town and locations.

I saw Videodrome once and it's really out there. I'll probably see it again one day.