Thread: The Den
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Thats semantics really but i get what you're saying. Found footage typically implies that what were watching was recovered from somewhere like Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Cannibal Holocaust. But considering the days of finding grainy VHS tapes (The VHS movies not withstanding) are long gone, i would say it counts.

That being said i liked this, it had a good story and a cool ending and the "found footage" style actually wasn't annoying.
The only new age found footage horror movies I like is V/H/S (2012), V/H/S 2 (2013), and The Den (2013). V/H/S Viral (2014) disappointed me and I don't consider it a part of the V/H/S canon. The Blair Witch Project (1999) was good, but not my favorite found footage film. I have yet to see Cloverfield (2008). Cannibal Holocaust (1980) was messed up! I heard they really killed a tortoise for that film. I love horror films but I don't condone killing off a living creature just to get a shot.

If it was in today's age, the found footage may be on a hard drive, Blu-Ray, DVD, or cloud storage. I remember Halloween Resurrection (2002) did a Live Stream kind of found footage thing, but please let's never discuss Halloween Resurrection, again. Resurrection and the Halloween movies thereafter have been terrible, in my opinion.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior