Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (http://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (http://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Movie Recommendations (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68277)

HANGUONHOOKS 11-13-2017 08:33 AM

Movie Recommendations
 
Hello all, Long-time lurker first post, so i wanna make it count. I'm looking for suggestions for more modern movies that have a emphasis on being a psychological thriller/killer theme. Examples would be Session 9, Jack goes home, Patient Seven etc.. All recommendations appreciated.

Looking forward to being more apart of the forums

Becci 11-16-2017 08:04 AM

Stoker is a really good psychological killer thriller

Wolf Folger 01-02-2018 01:06 AM

Do you say "modern" because you've seen most things? Or do you just dislike dated things?

I couldn't really find many from the last couple of years--mainly because this is my least favorite subgenre of horror. I do however use this subgenre as a compromising bridge to reach some people who don't necessarily like supernatural "monster" type horror. So I am semi-familiar with it.

Hopefully this helps, or leads you to something that does. Enjoy.

In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
Jacob's Ladder (1990)
Bug (2006)
Babadook (2014)
Funny Games (1997)

(Killer)
Idenity (2003)
High Tension (2003)
Frailty (2001)
Nightwatch (1997)
The Minus Man (1999)

nat23 02-06-2018 02:58 AM

Check out Korean movies, f.e. Old boy and Chaser. The Chaser really inpressed me, Old boy is great too.

Anthropophagus 02-07-2018 09:29 AM

Oldboy is amazingly brilliant,but DO NOT under any circumstances watch the remake.

I Saw the Devil is also one of the greatest serial killer movies ever made.

DeadbeatAtDawn 02-07-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 1029654)

I Saw the Devil is also one of the greatest serial killer movies ever made.


::love::

Sculpt 02-07-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf Folger (Post 1029304)
Do you say "modern" because you've seen most things? Or do you just dislike dated things?

I couldn't really find many from the last couple of years--mainly because this is my least favorite subgenre of horror. I do however use this subgenre as a compromising bridge to reach some people who don't necessarily like supernatural "monster" type horror. So I am semi-familiar with it.

Hopefully this helps, or leads you to something that does. Enjoy.

In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
Jacob's Ladder (1990)
Bug (2006)
Babadook (2014)
Funny Games (1997)

(Killer)
Idenity (2003)
High Tension (2003)
Frailty (2001)
Nightwatch (1997)
The Minus Man (1999)

Good list!

Sadly, original poster HANGUONHOOKS never came back to the forums... although perhaps they came back to lurk without loging back in.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nat23 (Post 1029642)
Check out Korean movies, f.e. Old boy and Chaser. The Chaser really inpressed me, Old boy is great too.

Hadn't heard of Chaser before. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 1029654)
Oldboy is amazingly brilliant,but DO NOT under any circumstances watch the remake.

I Saw the Devil is also one of the greatest serial killer movies ever made.

I'm looking forward to seeing I Saw the Devil.

Without regard to the age of the film, in addition to ones already mentioned, I'd recommend:

Fracture
Dressed to Kill (1980)
Se7en
Body Double (1984)
Basic Instinct (1992)
The 6th Sense
Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Manhunter
Felt
Split
Psycho (1960)
Color of the Night (is ok)

And depending on what we mean by "psychological/thriller/killer theme"...
Body Heat (1981)
Rope

creepsweep 02-28-2018 03:45 AM

The Sixth Sense is definitely one of the best and such a classic

sfear 02-28-2018 08:34 PM

You might give Hitchcock's Shadow Of A Doubt a try.

DarknessFalls 03-10-2018 12:20 PM

I'm really picky about what I like for some reason. The few movies I would recommend are The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), IT (original and new) Signs, Darkness Falls, The Babadook, and The Void.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:55 AM.