Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gozu (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13588)

Jason Hodder 02-07-2005 09:20 AM

Gozu

In the last issue of Fangoria there was a review of Takashi Miike's film Gozu. I went out and bought it and must say that I loved it. It was an amazing movie. Very, very strange. It was horror with a comedy twist. I tell people that if David Lynch was a Japanese director Miike would be him.

I have just one question though, I was watching the trailer that came along with the Special Edition DVD and after watching the movie it seems that there were a number of scenes that were in the trailer that weren't in the movie. Has anyone else noticed this or is there just a problem with the copy that I have?

Anyway, I would highly recomend this movie to anyone that likes weird movies that are also entertaining.

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

HappyCamper 02-07-2005 09:31 AM

thanks, just added it to the top of my Netflix queque

HappyCamper 02-07-2005 09:53 AM

I had a chance to see this at the Florida Film Festival last year, but missed out. You just reminded me of it, so I've added it to the top of my Netflix list. Thanks! HC

HappyCamper 02-07-2005 10:01 AM

Just added it to the top of my Netflix queque!

Angra 02-07-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HappyCamper
Just added it to the top of my Netflix queque!

Eeeerh..... Are you retarded, or do you think we are???:confused:

I think that most of us got it the first time..:rolleyes:

urgeok 02-07-2005 12:27 PM

i bought it in an asian store ... cheap as hell.
and found that it has no english subtitles ...
So, unless i learn japanese - it'll be a while before
i watch it.

The Mothman 04-29-2005 08:00 AM

Gozu?

has anyone seen this twisted wierd film?

its by the japanese director Tashiki Miike, who made ichi the killer and audition. Suposedly its this one gang member who goes to this one place, and finds the goat-headed demon, and it is supposely really random.

zwoti 04-29-2005 11:08 AM

Re: Gozu?

Quote:

Originally posted by The Mothman
has anyone seen this twisted wierd film?

its by the japanese director Tashiki Miike, who made ichi the killer and audition. Suposedly its this one gang member who goes to this one place, and finds the goat-headed demon, and it is supposely really random.

huh

a once respected yakuza bizarre antics begin to worry his elders (i mean.....anti-yakuza pet dogs ffs) so they decide that he should be "retired" and give the task to one of the younger members. on the way to the disposal yard the elder man is unintentionally killed (car crash i think) but after stopping at a restaurant to phone in the news the body disappears........this is the start of many strange happenings (what is it with miike and breast milk :eek: )

and from memory it's a bull/cow headed person

urgeok 04-29-2005 11:14 AM

i have it ...

but there's no english on the DVD.

i guess i'll have to learn Japanese.

knife_fight 04-29-2005 11:33 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. the one I rented had english subs.