Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Old Boy (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11199)

feral cat 10-28-2004 07:53 AM

Old Boy

Has anyone seen this yet, its the latest from Chan-wook Park director of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance ...

Anyway for those of you in the UK that have not heres a list of cinema's where you can still catch it ... Old Boy ... Cinema List

hellfire1 10-28-2004 08:11 AM

going to see it tonight... looks so violent ! :D lol

feral cat 10-28-2004 08:25 AM

Having him bite the head off a live Octopus is a bit wrong (especially as they did it to quite a few to get the tentacles to wriggle in the right way) … but it does look like an awesome film!

Danae 08-17-2006 07:44 PM

Oldboy

A Korean film, which I wouldn't exactly call a horror movie, but its one of the best I have seen for a long time. It's the story of a man who finds himself imprisioned with no explanation as to why, and the emotional (..not in a shit way) journey he goes through. Oh, and its fucked up as all hell.

Angra 08-18-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by omcdave
you want to see fucked up try imprint. this movie is over the top fucked up.
:confused:

Do you have a link to some kind of info on that movie?

XtRaVa 08-18-2006 04:19 AM

Oldboy is the second in Chan-wook Parks famous revenge trilogy if you didnt already know.

I've seen all 3, Oldboy is my favourite though.

Theres: Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance, Oldboy and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

Check them all out, but if you only watch one of them then I do recommend Oldboy.

Danae 08-18-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by XtRaVa
Oldboy is the second in Chan-wook Parks famous revenge trilogy if you didnt already know.

Check them all out, but if you only watch one of them then I do recommend Oldboy.

Ah awesome, no I didn't know that. Just found Oldboy by chance in the foreign section in my local dvd rental place.

*adds to list

XtRaVa 08-18-2006 07:30 AM

Glad to be of service :)

Like I said, Oldboy is the best of the three in my opinion, but you should definately see them all.

What other asian flicks are you into?

hybrid 08-18-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by XtRaVa

I've only seen 2 of the 3, Oldboy and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. I didn't know there is another one. But out of the 2 films, I think Oldboy is the best. I might change my mind if I can get my hand on Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance:D

XtRaVa 08-19-2006 07:44 AM

You'll still think Oldboy is the best, but possibly that the first is better than the third.

Oldboy seems to be a lot more well known, and for that reason many people see that movie, and that movie alone of the three from the revenge trilogy.