Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Most hated character from a horror movie? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67055)

Harry D’Amour 04-28-2016 06:58 PM

Most hated character from a horror movie?

1 Attachment(s)
From any horror movie, What Character do you hate the most? Why?

Julia Cotton, is there anyone this bitch didn't flip on?

Repo'd 04-29-2016 03:39 AM

I hated hated HATED Nancy's mom in Nightmare on Elm Street.

FryeDwight 04-29-2016 06:43 AM

Probably Otis in HENRY:PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER. Absolutely loathsome and a great turn by the late Tom Towles who was nice and funny as well when we met him.

Oro13 04-29-2016 05:22 PM

Any character that opens their mouth in a RobZombie movie besides Sid Haig.

SerialKiller 04-29-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1012866)
I hated hated HATED Nancy's mom in Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'm pretty sure I already know why, just curious about your reasons though.

favabeans 04-30-2016 12:19 AM

Mary Knowles from House of 1000 Corpses, and the nanny from The Omen

Repo'd 04-30-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1012900)
I'm pretty sure I already know why, just curious about your reasons though.

Yeah, you probably know why. She doesn't listen to Nancy. Well, she listens but refuses to hear her. That's the main reason. In general, she's an obnoxious drunk who doesn't deserve a child. Nancy should have worked out a way to kill her and blame it on Freddy. :)

SerialKiller 04-30-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1012913)
Yeah, you probably know why. She doesn't listen to Nancy. Well, she listens but refuses to hear her. That's the main reason. In general, she's an obnoxious drunk who doesn't deserve a child. Nancy should have worked out a way to kill her and blame it on Freddy. :)

I thought so. Well maybe Nancy was just hoping her mother would eventually sober up. In any event, these reasons bugged me as well. Her father was a bit annoying too, especially in the end when Nancy was trying to tell him about Freddy. He didn't listen either. He just asked Barney Fife to keep an eye on the house. ::roll eyes::

The mother in Dream Warriors was no better.

Repo'd 04-30-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1012932)
I thought so. Well maybe Nancy was just hoping her mother would eventually sober up. In any event, these reasons bugged me as well. Her father was a bit annoying too, especially in the end when Nancy was trying to tell him about Freddy. He didn't listen either. He just asked Barney Fife to keep an eye on the house. ::roll eyes::

The mother in Dream Warriors was no better.

Indeed, both Ma and Pa Thompson were inattentive, at the very least. It's a common thread in Horror, where we see adults ignoring or misinterpretating the kids. As Horror fans we condemn kids and teens for acting stupidly in genre films, but adults ( particularly parents ) exhibit some dreadfully moronic behavior as well. Your example of the shitty Mom in Dream Warriors is spot on. Doesn't she screw her " dates " while her daughter is in the next room? Yeah, she's a delightful piece of work.

SerialKiller 05-01-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1012938)
Indeed, both Ma and Pa Thompson were inattentive, at the very least. It's a common thread in Horror, where we see adults ignoring or misinterpretating the kids. As Horror fans we condemn kids and teens for acting stupidly in genre films, but adults ( particularly parents ) exhibit some dreadfully moronic behavior as well. Your example of the shitty Mom in Dream Warriors is spot on. Doesn't she screw her " dates " while her daughter is in the next room? Yeah, she's a delightful piece of work.

For these reasons, I feel like watching horror may actually make me a much better parent someday....should I ever have children that is! I'll listen better when they're telling me some outlandish story of monsters living in the closet or under the bed.

As for my most hated character that would be "Evil" from New Year's Evil-1980.