Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Van Helsing (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5857)

Leslie Daher 05-03-2004 10:07 AM

Van Helsing

So, who's geeked about this movie? i think the idea is brilliant and hugh jackman is cute and all but it looks a little too CGI for me? Any thoughts?

cheebacheeba 05-03-2004 11:10 AM

I think the wolfman looks a little too big, drac looks pretty cool, the vamps have unusually big mouths (but then again, why would they need to operate within "human" parameters), and frank looks a little retarded...
The beasties look pretty "CGI", but hey, I didn't see many ppl complaining about LOTR...as for the rest of the movie, the cgi factor doesn't look THAT huge...as long as they don't CGI the fight scenes - that's what made blade 2 a little (no pun intended) suckfull...

Freddy Krueger. 05-06-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I think the wolfman looks a little too big, drac looks pretty cool, the vamps have unusually big mouths (but then again, why would they need to operate within "human" parameters), and frank looks a little retarded...
The beasties look pretty "CGI", but hey, I didn't see many ppl complaining about LOTR...as for the rest of the movie, the cgi factor doesn't look THAT huge...as long as they don't CGI the fight scenes - that's what made blade 2 a little (no pun intended) suckfull...

I agree on most parts. I never have seen a movie with a cool, realistic werewolf. Anyway, I think Franky looked stupid, ugly and not like what I expected. Still, it seems like its gonna be a good movie.

Tumper 05-06-2004 12:32 PM

I would pretty much agree with the above. I dont CGI as long as its used wisely (which doesnt neccersarily mean sparingly). Harryhausen made some real good movies with stop animation. CGI is just another tool. It's how its used that counts.

It looks like it's going to be one hell of a film.

Arioch 05-06-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Ill pass, since when did filmakers need CGI to do VAMPIRES?!?! i think its gone to far, and the plot doesn't seem, IMHO, to have any redeaming qualities.

cheebacheeba 05-07-2004 04:47 AM

Arioch, while I agree that they didn't NEED to cgi the vamps...I don't think they look too bad, as I said above, it's not as though they (if they were to exist) would have to operate within "human" structural parameters.
The guy who's doing this did the 2 (recent) Mummy films right?
The cgi in those was pretty damn good...until, of course, the
8-bit looking p.o.s that was the Scorpion King in #2...
If they go with the MAJORITY of the cgi style from the Mummy films, it should be quiet alright...

Nailhead 05-07-2004 10:39 AM

Personally, I love the idea of having all 3 of the greatest horror monsters in the same movie. I love that they revamped the whole Vampire look. Granted that Frankenstein does look a little retarded, but hell. He's just been brought back from the dead. I'd shell out 4 bucks to see it. that my own opinion though, to each his own i guess.

Vampenguin 05-07-2004 11:24 AM

I personally think this movie will be good, but it will completly slaughter everything about the classic creatures,and will ruin Van Helsing's reputation. But hey, it looks kool

massacre man 05-07-2004 01:17 PM

van helsing has a reputation?

MichaelMyers 05-07-2004 07:55 PM

I'll watch it if it ever comes on TV (which would be like four years from now). Not worth forking over the 8 bucks, agreeance on the too much CGI.