Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

Bloof 03-23-2019 03:25 AM

Morning! Welcome back.

Cheebs! 20 years...that's something to be admired. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Elvis_Christ 03-23-2019 06:34 AM

Watching cops eating on a stakeout in movies always makes me hungry.

The Villain 03-23-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037387)
Lesson learned; from now on when I'm here I will keep all my thoughts to myself so we can just all go on playing Make-Believe.

I'll be a good boy until somebody gives me a reason not to be.

Just try and keep it cool and there won't be a problem. I'd like to see you rejoin the HDC Movie Fights. Were still only on Round 2 so you wouldnt be behind. Just no hostility please.

Sculpt 03-23-2019 04:39 PM

Yes, Morningriser,

Please do checkout the Round 2 question for the HDC Movie Fights. I didn't want to be the only one, glad you're back!

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...5&postcount=60

cheebacheeba 03-24-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037397)
Morning! Welcome back.

Cheebs! 20 years...that's something to be admired. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Hey, just saw this. Thank you. Yeah it was cool.

Freak 03-26-2019 06:33 PM

This might not be the right place for this but I felt I needed to share it with everybody. One day this forum will die, that’s inevitable. But I found a Facebook group that believe everyone here would really and enjoy and it’s a very active community. It’s called the Joe Bob Briggs Drive-In Mutant Collective. One of the more interesting things they do is on Friday or Saturday night they host viewing parties and live chat with each as they watch the movie. I participated in the one this last Saturday and had an absolute blast. I highly recommend you guys give it a look.

Morningriser 03-26-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037397)
Morning! Welcome back.

Hi there little girl... Would you like some candy? *laughs maniacally like a retard*

Sculpt, I will look into it but I can't promise I won't give some piss poor argument.

Morningriser 03-29-2019 02:55 PM

I just read that the NRA may be about to shut down!

It's about fucking time! Back when people still cared about school shootings, they held rallies in every city a shooting occurred using that as a way to promote their advocacy for putting a gun in the hand of every American citizen. How many deaths have occurred in this country because of these hate pedaling monsters in the name of selling some guns?

cheebacheeba 03-29-2019 07:43 PM

I think a good middle ground there would be to yknow...let people have handguns after a mental health assessment with like...I dunno...a 2 clip limit?

That way the "but only criminals will have guns" crowd will be somewhat satiated, and they'd be able to DEFEND THEMSELVES.
That, and if there's going to be someone shooting up a public area...they won't be able to get past a certain body count.
I mean...nobody really needs military grade weapons unless it's called for by more than some nutjob with a gun.

Morningriser 03-29-2019 08:05 PM

But that's the thing, gun-control can never work. I mean sure, those laws could be set in effect, but who would obey them other than the people who are just downright afraid to break the law? People buy guns for hunting, self-defense, or a rampage. If gun control laws became tougher, people would just start resorting to buying guns illegally being shipped into the country from South America. Anyone who would be considered a hostile enough to own a gun for anything other than hunting, wouldn't have a problem owning an illegal firearm if they thought it would keep them safe or if they had a personal Vendetta against somebody.

All along the NRA have known exactly what they are doing. They are promoting the use of guns for sport or protection and putting ideas and inspiration in people's heads. Not to mention, if I'm not mistaken, one of the Columbine shooters girlfriends bought him one of his guns at an NRA rally.

In the documentary Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore attempted to interview Charlton Heston, who at the time was the president of the NRA. All he had to do was mention that the NRA held rallies in all of the cities where school shootings were happening. Without even saying a word, despite the interview being conducted at Heston's home, he quietly gets up and walks away without answering anything. That is the man they had representing the NRA..

Everything about our system is promoting both sides of the spectrum it seems. The government wants gun control while officially sanctioned organizations are promoting the use of guns. This isn't related, but look at what the FDA does. They want people to get healthy but at the same time they approve ridiculous foods like cheeseburgers with fried chicken patties for buns. How does that make any sense? I personally think the government is secretly trying to kill off anyone they think could potentially fall prey to these fucked up contradictions in the system set forth by them.