Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What comic are you reading at the moment? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30923)

_____V_____ 08-13-2007 10:12 PM

What comic are you reading at the moment?

Surprised that this isnt a thread/sticky yet...

anyway...I just completed Batman/Aliens 1 & 2. Apart from the fantastic artwork, the storyline is basically a blend of Aliens and Alien vs Predator...which isnt that great.

Batman uses his repertoire to get past em in both parts...but I am really surprised that the Aliens couldnt get him...

Some of the alien hybrids are great...***spoiler*** like the one born out of a croc...otherwise its decent.

Not great, not bad...IMO.

Geddy 08-14-2007 05:50 AM

I picked up The Exterminators Volume 2 yesterday, it's pretty awesome.

_____V_____ 08-14-2007 06:18 PM

Bits of the OMAC project mini-series under Infinity.

Interesting in...bits...

Geddy 08-17-2007 02:03 AM

The Goon Volume 5: Wicked Inclinations.

Geddy 08-17-2007 03:32 PM

I just finished Astonishing X-Men volume one, and I'm re-reading my Ultimate Fantastic Four Comics.

_____V_____ 08-17-2007 08:25 PM

Batman - Elseworlds vampire trilogy.

Thoroughly enjoyable...although they could have done without #3 Crimson Mist.

The transformation of Batman into a vampire was the shit! Recommended to any Batman/vampire fan out there...

Geddy 08-18-2007 01:46 PM

I just finished Ultimate X-Men Volume 2: Return To Weapon X.

Geddy 08-19-2007 09:12 AM

A couple stories from The Goon: Noir.

_____V_____ 08-23-2007 04:19 AM

Metalhead. Slightly amusing...

Geddy 08-24-2007 08:11 AM

I'm reading through The Dark Knight Returns right now, it's pretty damn good.

_____V_____ 08-27-2007 08:34 AM

Magnus Robot Fighter.

First time reading and I must say...its good.

Geddy 08-28-2007 09:27 AM

The Punisher Volume One.

_____V_____ 08-29-2007 09:14 AM

Death Trap.

Was ok...could have been better for being an Avengers story.

pbwriter 09-05-2007 11:15 AM

Walking Dead, Plague of the Living Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Gas...most of the horror/zombie comics that are out there.

Just read Bob Fingerman's "Recess Pieces"--it's great! I highly recommend it.

deathrider 09-06-2007 02:59 AM

The conclussion to Fangoria's Bump has just been released. I'm looking forward to reading it. Ok, so it not exactly the comic I'm reading "at the moment, it's more like the comic I will be reading in a hour or two, lol.

Doc Faustus 09-06-2007 11:17 AM

Just got and read Identity Crisis yesterday. I was really impressed. I also reread Johnny:the Homicidal Maniac. I liked it more this time.

SamCostello 09-09-2007 05:55 AM

Just finished Minis, by Becky Cloonan and have been browsing Paul Pope’s art book, Pulphope.

Sam

_____V_____ 09-09-2007 06:39 PM

Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness.

I love it so far...:D

Psycom5k 09-14-2007 09:10 PM

Just finished the latest issue of Captain America, Going to sit down and read the two Wolverine Deadpool that are out so far. also I just got the past 4 issues of JLA and JSA, thems are good. Also just picked up both Avengers comics, haven't gotten any since the end of Civil War. Hope they turn out good. Love the good ol Black Spidey costume. Its soo sweet.

the_real_linda 09-15-2007 01:01 AM

got round to reading Gory Lori..... is good writing imo and art work is def different... in a good way

SamCostello 09-16-2007 06:08 AM

Finished Drifting Classroom, Vols. 6 and 7.

Started Cassanova, by Fraction and Moon.

Sam

_____V_____ 09-16-2007 08:44 PM

Finished Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness.

Great read. Recommend it to everyone.:cool:

Doc Faustus 09-18-2007 09:26 AM

Green Arrow: Sounds of Violence and Green Arrow:Archer's Quest.

crusher310 09-19-2007 03:24 PM

I love X men and BloodRayne

novakru 09-20-2007 04:35 PM

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2

psychooralien 09-23-2007 06:25 AM

The Tomb of Dracula

psychooralien 09-23-2007 06:32 AM

Marvel Premiere #35 & Sleepwalker #1 & #2

SamCostello 09-24-2007 02:46 PM

100 Bullets, Vol. 11: Once Upon a Crime, by Azzarello and Risso

Also Monster Vols. 8-10 by Naoki Urasawa this week. These were the first volumes of the manga that I thought really lived up to the hype. Looking forward to the rest of the series now.

Sam

Geddy 09-28-2007 06:30 AM

Satan's Sodomy Baby.

psychooralien 09-29-2007 06:27 AM

Guardians
Loki
Man-Thing
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Avengers 2004
Starjammers

_____V_____ 09-29-2007 07:40 AM

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Its good...

SamCostello 10-07-2007 09:44 AM

This weekend, I read:

Wasteland, Vol. 1: Cities in Dust, by Antony Johnston and Christopher Mitten. A sci-fi graphic novel, all post-apocalyptic. Perfectly decent comic, but not compelling enough to make me seek out Vol. 2.

Scalped, Vol. 1: Indian Country, by Jason Aaron and RM Guera. A crime comic series about an undercover FBI agent on an Indian reservation. This volume was mostly set up for the series, but it was good fun, full of good violence, and worth my time.

Sam

_____V_____ 10-10-2007 07:47 PM

Witchblade, Aliens, Darkness, Predator - Overkill.

tic 10-12-2007 02:43 PM

Don't really read comics, graphic novels, in the past: Alien, it was a graphic novelisation of the film.

Has anyone read the Friday the 13th comics - I've seen them about and flicked through them, but haven't actually read any of them.

Phalanx 10-13-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Has anyone read the Friday the 13th comics - I've seen them about and flicked through them, but haven't actually read any of them.
There has been quite a few throughout the ages, all from different companies.
The one's I've found most impressive are the latest ones from a company called Wildstorm who has just finished a 6-issue run of a story set sometime after the "modern day" films. Quite good...reading through felt a lot like one of the movies.
Other than that, they've more recently did a few more
"Pamelas tale", and "How I spent my summer vacation", both prequels about Pamela, and Jason.
They don't just throw jason in a shitty bloody bunch of comics as I've seen certain companies do before (jason vs leatherface by topps comics was ridiculous), they show respect for the series and background stories, and work their own into there. This current run of f13 stuff by wildstorm, I'd reccomend to a fan of the movies, the stuff from the past....get into at your own risk and expense.

Wildstorm has also recently done some TCM and NOES comics this/last year...again, some of the best movie tie-in stuff I've seen in ages.

[QUOTE]Don't really read comics, graphic novels, in the past: Alien, it was a graphic novelisation of the film.[QUOTE]
Dark Horse does most of the Aliens stuff...and most of the alien/predator/terminator siungular and crossover comics too...I think they've always done them rather well, and would reccomend the material to anyone who's into the aliens thing. The adaptation was ok, but it's the other series like "Earth War", Genocide, and Newts Tale that take the cake for me.
The crossover ones aren't bad either, just not really into them myself.

I've been reading heaps of stuff...as I've said before, I download...I've got a box I've collected, and that's it for me.
DC Countdown is rather interesting...I've been following that.
A new one out from DC called "Simon Dark" I can see a lot of people in here liking...another gothamite. Imagine batman, without the boundaries, and a lot more weirdness.
Hm...what else...Spider-man has been really great lately across his titles, the "one more day" arc, and the events leading up to it have been a bit tragic, but a fucking great read - that's all I can say without spoiling.

the_real_linda 10-16-2007 08:47 AM

return to the labyrinth vol 2

Despare 10-18-2007 02:27 PM

Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness

I won't spoil it for you but it's bloody fun. Here's a mini-spoiler that I just loved...

Early on in this one (the second part I believe) we're treated to a zombie Howard the Duck eating the brains of a very important character...

SamCostello 11-07-2007 01:59 PM

Caught up on my comics this week and read:

The Last Call Vol. 1, by Vasilis Lolos – A great looking comic about two kids who somehow wind up on a mysterious train populated by monsters. Beautiful to look at, but I’m not sure the story is strong enough to bring me back for Vol. 2.

Coward, Criminal Vol. 1, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. The first TPB from their new noir series. Very good stuff indeed. Nice to see Brubaker back in straight crime comics without the superheroes.

Phonogram Vol. 1: Rue Britannia, by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie – a good miniseries about indie music, magic, and cultural trends. Some really smart writing and good art, though it seemed to get a little muddled on the way to the resolution.

Sam

novakru 11-07-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 633293)
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Its good...

Isn't it though?
I think I'll keep reading this one:cool:

Legends of the Dark Knight: Shaman parts 2 and 3
Can't find the other ones, is a series 1-5 circa 1989-90
Very cool looking at something so old...no CD, DVD ads- no web addys anywhere..so surreal

Phalanx 11-10-2007 01:35 AM

Just about to delve into the last issue (69) of the Deadpool series.
It's been a bit inconsistant throughout the series, but I like the character and I understand the cable/deadpool series that follows is pretty decent too, so, done with this.

Checking out the latest Wizard later.