Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10647)

hellfire1 10-18-2004 11:57 AM

yes she was. i'm watching "all about eve" right now.... anne baxter is very "slap-worthy" in this one...

N0Hypocrites 10-25-2004 09:07 PM

Blockbuster does carry it however. This is one of my hands down favorite films. There's a lot of dark humor in it. I recently saw 'Living Hell', a Japanese film (taglined 'The Japan Chainsaw Massacre') which borrowed heavily from 'Baby Jane' in many ways. There's no monsters or tons of blood and gore, but the film is way chilling. I just wish I took better care in labeling my videos so I could find out which tape I have it on LOL. Pick it up off eBay for the price of a rental if you have to. It's well worth it.
CK
BTW Davis and Crawford actually hated each other in real life and working together on this film didn't seem to help matters much.

juanhacko 10-25-2004 09:32 PM

Davis is a real bitch and the automobiles are wonderful.

I didn't notice whether anyone mentioned there is the original version--Davis and Crawford--and a remake with the Redgraves--also good but more contemporary.

N0Hypocrites 10-25-2004 09:54 PM

I almost completely forgot about that made-for-tv remake! Of course I watched it at the time. I thought it was a very pale comparison to the original at best. The original is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.
CK

abbycomix 10-26-2004 06:50 AM

I just watched this a few days ago. I found it nerve-wracking. I'd probably consider it more of a suspense film then a horror technically, but it is definitely creepy! 100% worth renting.

youshouldvknown 10-26-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N0Hypocrites
Blockbuster does carry it however.
Your Blockbuster may carry it, but not ALL Blockbuster Stores carry it. You can rent it through them online if you have that option. Like I said before, I found it through the library.

If it doesn't get rented, Blockbuster'll throw it out, and lets face it, there's a lack of interest in the classics nowadays.

N0Hypocrites 10-31-2004 12:37 PM

Very true. I'm in Chicago and it seems like there's a Blockbuster on every block (right next to the Starbuck's). I'm sure Netflix has it. They have a lot of good stuff on thee I've noticed.
CK

alkytrio666 08-05-2006 07:48 PM

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

How is this movie?

I just got it from Netflix, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

monalisa 08-05-2006 10:32 PM

Re: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
How is this movie?

I just got it from Netflix, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

It's a classic! I don't think anything is going to jump out and scare you too badly, :) but is a great old twisted movie. Hope you enjoy it!

Bee-otch 08-05-2006 10:50 PM

It is twisted yeah.