Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions/Questions (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Spam Thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16862)

Zero 07-27-2005 03:41 PM

Spam Thread

I've said it elsewhere but I'll formally suggest it here as well. I think there should be a spam thread. Not for some corporate PR hack whose pushing the latest Omni-media crap - but for people who are making their own films or animation or shorts or writing books or whatever so that they can get products out to an audience who might be interested. But putting it all in one thread the various folks who seem mortally offended everytime some poor schlep posts a link to her/his website can just avoid it and those of us who might be interested can look in.

just a thought.

massacre man 07-27-2005 04:48 PM

i suggest there should be a bullet in your brain

how's that spam?

ShankS 07-27-2005 10:23 PM

Re: Spam Thread

Quote:

Originally posted by Zero
I've said it elsewhere but I'll formally suggest it here as well. I think there should be a spam thread. Not for some corporate PR hack whose pushing the latest Omni-media crap - but for people who are making their own films or animation or shorts or writing books or whatever so that they can get products out to an audience who might be interested. But putting it all in one thread the various folks who seem mortally offended everytime some poor schlep posts a link to her/his website can just avoid it and those of us who might be interested can look in.

just a thought.

why do you think we've not had a spam thread in the past, and don't have one now????

It won't work. If a n00b joins primarily to spam their site or film, 9 times out of 10, they'll target as many threads in different forums as possible, to geta greater coverage.....rendering your idea completely useless.

Angra 07-27-2005 10:33 PM

A spam thread wouldnīt work. The spammers would never notice it. H.C would have to make a spam forum for spammers to find it. But why bother? I mean, as soon as the spam-man discover that no one sees his threads he will just start to spam in the other forums anyway. :rolleyes:

zwoti 07-28-2005 10:47 AM

soon enough this place could become...

massacre man 07-28-2005 07:36 PM

why does Spam need a website?

Angra 07-28-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by massacre man
why does Spam need a website?

Who said anything about a website?

Zero 07-29-2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by massacre man
i suggest there should be a bullet in your brain

how's that spam?

I suggest you should lick my ass. . .
:p

As for the others - maybe it wouldn't work but as it is you've got tons of spam flooding into each forum thread - goddamn, half the posts on this forum seem to be either someone spamming or (more often) 90 of the people on this forum going ballistic about it.

Angra 07-29-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

As for the others - maybe it wouldn't work but as it is you've got tons of spam flooding into each forum thread - goddamn, half the posts on this forum seem to be either someone spamming or (more often) 90 of the people on this forum going ballistic about it.

Then you donīt look closely enough. Itīs not THAT bad......... Yet.;)

zwoti 07-29-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

will that get rid of the taste?