Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   True Crime (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Manson (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61453)

The Walking Dread 08-06-2012 05:34 PM

Manson

What is everyone's take on Charles Manson?

Dara 08-07-2012 05:54 AM

Hes mad as cheese!.

The Walking Dread 08-08-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara (Post 930649)
Hes mad as cheese!.

yeah, he is. he was/is a good mind manipulator.

Straker 08-08-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walking Dread (Post 930706)
yeah, he is. he was/is a good mind manipulator.

A good mind manipulator of impressionable, young retards....

Straker 08-08-2012 06:50 AM

He's also a cunt...

wizard of gore 08-08-2012 11:11 PM

todays the anniversary of the sharron tate stab fest isnt it

The Walking Dread 08-09-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard of gore (Post 930771)
todays the anniversary of the sharron tate stab fest isnt it

you are right. aug 9 was the bloody day.

Bizarre 08-09-2012 01:57 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this was his plan:

He would organise the brutal murders of some rich, white people in LA and it would be blamed on black people. This would lead to a race war in the USA called "Helter Skelter" and this would be won by the black people. Whilst the war was waged, Manson and his "family" would be hiding out and waiting for it to blow over. They were waiting because Manson thought that although the blacks would win the war they would be totally inexperienced at having power so they would not be capable of running things and would turn to the only white people left to take over...Charles Manson and the "family".

So IIRC...he was a total fucking fruitcake.

And he got that from a Beatles song. The same band that sang "All You Need Is Love".

Dara 08-10-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 930845)
they didn't even rape that sharon tate, did they? what a waste of nice pussy

'nice'???What a waste of an adjective!

wizard of gore 08-10-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 930845)
they didn't even rape that sharon tate, did they? what a waste of nice pussy

they would have been way to sexed out from all the orgys back at the hippy camp

Fearonsarms 08-10-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarre (Post 930843)
Correct me if I'm wrong but this was his plan:

He would organise the brutal murders of some rich, white people in LA and it would be blamed on black people. This would lead to a race war in the USA called "Helter Skelter" and this would be won by the black people. Whilst the war was waged, Manson and his "family" would be hiding out and waiting for it to blow over. They were waiting because Manson thought that although the blacks would win the war they would be totally inexperienced at having power so they would not be capable of running things and would turn to the only white people left to take over...Charles Manson and the "family".

So IIRC...he was a total fucking fruitcake.

And he got that from a Beatles song. The same band that sang "All You Need Is Love".

I blame The Beatles not Manson-they told him to do it through the medium of song :)

Bizarre 08-11-2012 12:30 PM

Edit: Nevermind

wizard of gore 08-25-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 932700)
hehehe:D priceless facial expressions

awsome answer and awsome facials

Fearonsarms 08-26-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 932700)
hehehe:d priceless facial expressions

lol..........

Fearonsarms 09-08-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 932812)
not regarding just this video, but in general after watching a few serial killer interviews..those reporters/journalists usually ask such annoying and stupid kinds of questions that it made me wonder how many of them were actually killed during or right after the interviews.

You've given me an idea-what question would you or anyone ask Manson if given the opportunity? I'd like to know-why doesn't he dye his beard to match his hair-don't they get hair dye in prison?

natthezombabeee 09-08-2012 10:31 PM

I think he was genius. I mean not in a good way. but to be able to manipulate people that way you have to know what you're doing. however. I think that drugs also played a huge part of it. people who are addicted or on drugs do crazy things anyway. he was just in their ear to lead them the wrong way.

Straker 09-09-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natthezombabeee (Post 933685)
I think he was genius. I mean not in a good way. but to be able to manipulate people that way you have to know what you're doing. however. I think that drugs also played a huge part of it. people who are addicted or on drugs do crazy things anyway. he was just in their ear to lead them the wrong way.

Genius? I gotta be honest, shit like this makes me laugh when people circle jerk retards like Manson and elevate them to some sort of mythical status. How smart do you have to be exactly to manipulate a retard?

Do you honestly think if Manson turned up at your house and tried to 'manipulate' you into killing a few people you'd bite? I know I would call the police and say "hey, I got a spastic in my living room telling me to kill people can you send a car over" I guess that makes me a genius too...

How many prison guards has his managed to manipulate into multiple killings or hell maybe even an escape plan?

The only 'genius' thing about guys like Manson is they target the weak and vulnerable.... We see that in pretty much every animal on the planet, what makes Manson so special?

Dara 09-09-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natthezombabeee (Post 933685)

Genius?? nah,he was a pyschotic off his head on acid mentalist who was so unhinged others feared him .Thus,he was able to 'manipulate' them to do stuff against their will(but to be honest they too were off their heads on acid but didnt have underlying mental health issues to add to the mix).
Albert Einstein was a genius.As are the people who came up with Pinky and The brain

Straker 09-09-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara (Post 933724)
Genius?? nah,he was a pyschotic off his head on acid mentalist who was so unhinged others feared him .Thus,he was able to 'manipulate' them to do stuff against their will(but to be honest they too were off their heads on acid but didnt have underlying mental health issues to add to the mix).
Albert Einstein was a genius.As are the people who came up with Pinky and The brain

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L9zbNkuV5T..._and_brain.gif

natthezombabeee 09-09-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 933705)
Genius? I gotta be honest, shit like this makes me laugh when people circle jerk retards like Manson and elevate them to some sort of mythical status. How smart do you have to be exactly to manipulate a retard?

Do you honestly think if Manson turned up at your house and tried to 'manipulate' you into killing a few people you'd bite? I know I would call the police and say "hey, I got a spastic in my living room telling me to kill people can you send a car over" I guess that makes me a genius too...

How many prison guards has his managed to manipulate into multiple killings or hell maybe even an escape plan?

The only 'genius' thing about guys like Manson is they target the weak and vulnerable.... We see that in pretty much every animal on the planet, what makes Manson so special?

his manipulation was a lot deeper then "hey kill those people" it took a while to manipulate these people and a lot of drugs. you have to plant the seed and watch it grow. gain the people's trust. he didn't just manipulate these people into killing he pretty much changed their entire way of thinking. I don't know it's just my personal opinion that if someone I met could slowly work themselves into my head and manipulate and change the way I thought and have me do things like kill people they would have to be smart because I'm not an idiot. I'm sure all the people he manipulated would have blew him off if he flat out was like kill for me. I'm sure they didn't plan on killing anyone either just like me or you wouldnt.

Straker 09-09-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natthezombabeee (Post 933729)
his manipulation was a lot deeper then "hey kill those people" it took a while to manipulate these people and a lot of drugs. you have to plant the seed and watch it grow. gain the people's trust. he didn't just manipulate these people into killing he pretty much changed their entire way of thinking. I don't know it's just my personal opinion that if someone I met could slowly work themselves into my head and manipulate and change the way I thought and have me do things like kill people they would have to be smart because I'm not an idiot. I'm sure all the people he manipulated would have blew him off if he flat out was like kill for me. I'm sure they didn't plan on killing anyone either just like me or you wouldnt.

So if you take time manipulating retards and feeding them drugs you're a genious? It really doesnt take a genious to get a bunch of vulnerable people to do what you want. What you don't seem to realise is that the average person is unlikely to buy into the sort of bullshit that he was peddling, hence why he's rotting in a cell right now.

I have to wonder why all those prison guards and psychiatrists he will have had contact with over the years arent out there now doing his evil bidding, I guess all those prison guards have to wear a tin foil hat anytime they have any contact with Manson... just in case. :eek:

Manson gets his cock ridden way too hard, the dude is a fucktard.

Dara 09-09-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 933726)

I have that t shirt !narf !

KissMeDissME 07-13-2014 01:18 AM

ooh I really like Charles manson which is an odd thing to say I know but I do, I totally have a soft spot for him. I don't particularly think he was a genius as in he could rival carol vorderman on her maths haha but I think he was smart in the respect that he knew exactly what he was doing choosing the people he did and making them reliant on him. isn't he like the only person in jail for murder who didn't actually murder anybody? iknow theres various bits and bobs about people at 'the ranch' hes potentially got rid of but as for the 2 big murders that made him (in?)famous he didn't actually do anything did he? x

FryeDwight 08-02-2014 01:57 AM

No, he had others do his dirty work for him.
Total loon, although the whole story is fascinating. Read HELTER SKELTER and listen to THE BEATLES (AKA THE WHITE ALBUM).

tfantasy 09-16-2014 12:11 PM

It's not like Manson is the only one out there that has been able to manipulate people. We all see it every day, some where in the news. People are not just manipulated by freaks and serial killers they are also manipulated by the government, big companies, and the such.

I think that the people who are molded by society or nuts like Manson are vulnerable, confused, scared, have low self-esteem, etc, etc. I know that I could never be talked into killing someone but that doesn't mean that my neighbor might not try it (per say). I have always felt that the so-called weak people in the world are the easiest prey for someone like Manson to take under his wing and make him or her feel like this is the only way to exist in life.

Most of us cannot wrap our minds around how people can allow themselves to be taken over and changed into a monster or just something that they're not meant to be. In my own opinion, I think it's all psychological-based. We all can make choices in life; even if we are at the worst, lowest points in our life.

Even though I say that this is based upon our psychological being, I don't use that as an excuse for anything; a person can choose to kill or not kill another human being. It's as simple as that.

We all know that some people truly enjoy killing other people.....

Abishai100 11-18-2015 06:00 PM

Manson/Myers: American Archaeology

Charles Manson has become a cultural icon of gypsy horror.

It's like that line in the Woody Allen film "Celebrity" [1998] --- You can learn a lot about a society by who it chooses to celebrate.

Maybe America's highways and road-trip culture have made us morbidly fascinated with car crashes and tales of killer hitchhikers.

John Carpenter's modern classic film "Halloween" [1978] introduced the world to the symbol of pedestrian ghoulishness in Michael Myers, the fictional masked serial killer who stalks people on Halloween Eve.

Maybe Michael Myers represents someone like Charles Manson, a cultural ghoul who is a perfect fit for hellfire entertainment.

::shocked::

Halloween Franchise

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lmyers2007.JPG

SerialKiller 11-19-2015 08:27 PM

I have heard Manson's mother sold him for a pitcher of beer, I want to know if this is actually true, or just a story??!

RollinFan 05-07-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1006199)
I have heard Manson's mother sold him for a pitcher of beer, I want to know if this is actually true, or just a story??!

Probably not, Manson talks a lot of crap, and the stories change to suit whoever's asking the questions. His mother was a prostitute, and no one knows who is father is. (That'd be a shitty DNA test, wouldn't it? Suprise, Manson's your great uncle.) At one point he was claiming his father was black, which is how he would end up running the world. Anyway, the "family" was more of a harem. Manson was a pimp, and most of the family was young girls, with only one or two young men to do the heavy stuff. (They made money stealing VWs and turning them into dune buggies at one point) You're not looking at master manipulation, you're looking at ordinary pimp skills. She does what you tell her to. No questions asked. That would be a good basis for a low-budget horror movie, by the way. Piss off the wrong pimp, and you have a dozen hookers with straight razors on your ass. It would make a GREAT blacksploitation flick.

SerialKiller 05-15-2016 07:04 AM

Well that clears that up, thanks sugar. I take it you've done your research. If so, which book would be best in your opinion?

TheBossInTheWall 05-15-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1013379)
Well that clears that up, thanks sugar. I take it you've done your research. If so, which book would be best in your opinion?

There's a really good podcast about Manson and how his life and cult as well as how it intersects with hollywood. I think there are 12 one hour episodes, really worth it.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcas...ders?rq=Manson

RollinFan 05-15-2016 07:17 PM

I haven't done that much research, I'm just old. ::big grin:: I remember watching "The Fearless Vampire Killers" and thinking, "they killed HER? Execute them all, NOW". The main book to read would have to be Helter Skelter, or course.
The podcast looks to be really good, and it has a good list of reading material at the front. Sadly, I don't do iTunes (or iAnythingElse. I'm old).
It looks like the podcast will make the same point I would make. Manson is a product of his times. The only thing that made him stand out is that Sharon Tate was gorgeous and well known, and that the media had been pushing the "harmless hippie" thing for way to long. Turns out hippies will break into your house and kill you. The one thing that stood out to me (I think it's in Helter Skelter, I may be wrong) is that in the late 60's Haight Ashbury had gone from hippie heaven to prostitution and drug overdose capitol of the world. It got so bad that the Manson Family moved out to the desert. Think about that. Your neighborhood is so bad that the MANSON FAMILY won't live there. A lot of young people saw the trials on the news and went out and got a haircut and threw away the guitar, man. (You see the same thing after Chikatilo was finally caught. Everybody just walked away from the Communist party.) The arrests and very public trials of the Manson Family were used by the police and politicians to justify rounding up the stragglers, and the 1960's were officially over. Want to know how far things flipped the other way? Dirty Harry came out in 1971. Death Wish came out in 1974. Both feature older men shooting younger men. A lot.

TheBossInTheWall 05-16-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinFan (Post 1013405)
The podcast looks to be really good, and it has a good list of reading material at the front.

I believe all the episodes are free at the website the link is from. A lot of podcasts are free and not through itunes. :)

SerialKiller 05-16-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall (Post 1013397)
There's a really good podcast about Manson and how his life and cult as well as how it intersects with hollywood. I think there are 12 one hour episodes, really worth it.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcas...ders?rq=Manson

Thank you, I will be checking this out. I've never listened to a podcast before. ::embarrassment::

SerialKiller 05-16-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinFan (Post 1013405)
I haven't done that much research, I'm just old. ::big grin:: I remember watching "The Fearless Vampire Killers" and thinking, "they killed HER? Execute them all, NOW". The main book to read would have to be Helter Skelter, or course.
The podcast looks to be really good, and it has a good list of reading material at the front. Sadly, I don't do iTunes (or iAnythingElse. I'm old).
It looks like the podcast will make the same point I would make. Manson is a product of his times. The only thing that made him stand out is that Sharon Tate was gorgeous and well known, and that the media had been pushing the "harmless hippie" thing for way to long. Turns out hippies will break into your house and kill you. The one thing that stood out to me (I think it's in Helter Skelter, I may be wrong) is that in the late 60's Haight Ashbury had gone from hippie heaven to prostitution and drug overdose capitol of the world. It got so bad that the Manson Family moved out to the desert. Think about that. Your neighborhood is so bad that the MANSON FAMILY won't live there. A lot of young people saw the trials on the news and went out and got a haircut and threw away the guitar, man. (You see the same thing after Chikatilo was finally caught. Everybody just walked away from the Communist party.) The arrests and very public trials of the Manson Family were used by the police and politicians to justify rounding up the stragglers, and the 1960's were officially over. Want to know how far things flipped the other way? Dirty Harry came out in 1971. Death Wish came out in 1974. Both feature older men shooting younger men. A lot.

As a child I watched the Helter Skelter movie, I can't remember too much about it. At some point I did have the book & started it, but I lost it while I was moving. ::sad:: Sharon Tate was so very beautiful. <3 I've only seen her in the movie Valley of the Dolls though. I have caught bits & pieces on the case over the years. The crime scene pictures I can't unsee, although I'd like to. I've often heard people say the Manson murders, a long with Altamont pretty much killed the free love-hippie way of life. I wouldn't know though because that's way before my time. ::wink:: I wish I'd been around to experience Jimi & Janis though, I really love their music. And The Mama's & the Papa's.::love:: I've read old Charlie's got himself a girlfriend in prison now. The girl in question is questionable.

RollinFan 05-16-2016 09:09 AM

If you haven't seen The Fearless Vampire Killers, you should. It is really, really, dumb. ::big grin:: It seems to be a parody of the Hammer films.

As for the podcast, I think you need to have iTunes installed to even listen to it from the website. I couldn't get anywhere with it.

TheBossInTheWall 05-16-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinFan (Post 1013430)
As for the podcast, I think you need to have iTunes installed to even listen to it from the website. I couldn't get anywhere with it.

Apologies. You are correct. Alas. It was available and free at the website when I listened to it. Its free via itunes it seems. Shrug. I do not use itunes.

anglewitch 08-16-2016 09:36 AM

My dad got letters from Squeaky and Sexy Sadie. We still have them too.

MichaelMyers 08-21-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1016395)

Hmm...this would explain a lot.

anglewitch 08-21-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1016763)
Hmm...this would explain a lot.

They were really nice. They told us not to write letters to Manson because he would write us some really weird shit back.

SerialKiller 09-14-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1016395)

That's so next level. Like who has that kind of story to bring up at dinner parties???? ::big grin::