Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Japanese Horror Movie Review Writer(s) Wanted (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17748)

horror 09-12-2005 07:55 AM

Japanese Horror Movie Review Writer(s) Wanted

Horror.com is looking for a few people who want to write reviews of Japanese horror movies for the site - and get paid to do it.

You have to be a good writer and have examples of your work. A strong knowledge of horror and Japanese horror specifically would be very helpful in writing good reviews. We want a person or people willing to write multiple exclusive reviews of Japanese horror movies on DVD and/or in theaters. No plagiarism allowed, of course.

If you are a good writer and willing to write a number of reviews for the site, we will pay you (via Pay Pal) for the exclusive right to publish the reviews.

Those interested should send a PM to this account with examples of previous reviews you have written and information on how much you would require to be paid per review.

We are not looking for a bunch of people to write one review each - we want to find a couple of people who are willing to write a bunch of good exclusive high-quality Japanese horror movie reviews on an ongoing basis.

We are working on expanding Horror.com's coverage of Japanese horror and this is part of the process. Thanks you!

AUSTIN316426808 09-12-2005 02:33 PM

Angra's probably going to have a heartattack when he see's this.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 09-12-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
:p ;) :D :rolleyes: :(

bloodrayne 09-12-2005 10:08 PM

Zwoti should do it...

zwoti 09-12-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodrayne
Zwoti should do it...

:eek:

AUSTIN316426808 09-12-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zwoti
:eek:

Is that a no?

You seem to know something about almost every film mentioned here.

The STE 09-12-2005 11:02 PM

hmmmm...

Angra 09-14-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Damn!!

I´m a 2 sentence kinda guy. Too bad they aren´t looking for that. :p ;) :cool: .....:(

slasherman 10-06-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angra
Damn!!

I´m a 2 sentence kinda guy. Too bad they aren´t looking for that.

I'm looking for that :D ...I like short reviews

Elvis_Christ 10-16-2005 02:47 AM

Anyone submit anything for this? Be keen to hear from anyone who is interested in writing articles/reveiws. PM me.

sct30 10-18-2005 02:08 PM

japanese horror reviewers

this would be my ideal kind of thing. no REAL experience in writing though, but would love to try it - PLEEEEEEEEASE.

jesus1.0 11-07-2005 10:05 AM

maybe you should get god do to it !!! woot woot :D :D :D

Y2DAZZ 11-27-2005 09:33 AM

Well if the job hasn't been taken, I'm intrested. The only reviews I've done is mainly for games and I think I might be able to find them.

I'm a massive fan of Japanese Horrors, I find them more enjoyable than most Hollywood horror films.

The STE 11-27-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jesus1.0
maybe you should get god do to it !!! woot woot :D :D :D
Sorry, I'd be too busy.

VampiricClown 11-29-2005 06:01 PM

I've been looking to do something like this for awhile. I right long reviews and I have access to a decent selection of Japanese horror. I shall write one for One Missed Call And PM it, if the job is still available that is.

-Josh

P.S.
By the way, what does this pay?

PR3SSUR3 12-01-2005 05:39 AM

Quote:

I right long reviews
Sounds like you're write for the job!

:cool:

Nana_baby 12-28-2005 06:15 AM

Quote:

probalbly

VampiricClown 01-11-2006 01:59 PM

I guess I didn't get the job. I sent a shorter more condensed version of how I normally write. I wrote it in like 5 minutes. I guess I'll submit my reviews elsewhere.

Zero 01-24-2006 08:07 AM

i would've read VCs reviews (and i don't even particularly like japanese horror!?!)

VampiricClown 01-25-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zero
i would've read VCs reviews (and i don't even particularly like japanese horror!?!)
Well thanks Zero. And if you really want to read them, hop on over to AmericanManiacs site. I've written about 5-6 for him.

yourlastmistake 03-04-2006 06:13 PM

Proteus would be the man for this job.

PR3SSUR3 07-02-2006 03:02 AM

Or Superman.

cyqe 07-25-2006 08:12 PM

I would love to do this for free, I love Japanese horror, but do you know how hard it is for me to get Japanese horror movies in south Alabama.
After watching the Grudge I decided that I wanted to watch Ju-on.
I went to the local movie rental store and told them what I was looking for. They didn't have it so I asked if they could get it for me.
The employee I was speaking to said to me," If it's Japanese how are you going to know what they're saying?"
I said, "There are subtitles."
He said, "What are subtitles?"
I said, "That's when they put the words on the bottom of the screen so that you can read what the people are saying." I was trying to make it simple for the redneck.
He said,"Well if you want to read it, why don't you go get the book?"
Needless to say I have to buy all of my Japanese horror off of the internet.

XtRaVa 08-15-2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
Sounds like you're write for the job!

:cool:

Lmao :D

XtRaVa 08-15-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cyqe
I would love to do this for free, I love Japanese horror, but do you know how hard it is for me to get Japanese horror movies in south Alabama.
After watching the Grudge I decided that I wanted to watch Ju-on.
I went to the local movie rental store and told them what I was looking for. They didn't have it so I asked if they could get it for me.
The employee I was speaking to said to me," If it's Japanese how are you going to know what they're saying?"
I said, "There are subtitles."
He said, "What are subtitles?"
I said, "That's when they put the words on the bottom of the screen so that you can read what the people are saying." I was trying to make it simple for the redneck.
He said,"Well if you want to read it, why don't you go get the book?"
Needless to say I have to buy all of my Japanese horror off of the internet.

I hate that small minded ignorance! When I went to see House of Flying Daggers, like 5 people left the cinema and didn't come back...literally 5 minutes after the subtitles appeared and they realised the movie wasnt in english.

I'm english, but I feel very ashamed that they would just leave because the movie isnt in english. Why should it be? We dont make our movies in Japanese or Chinese etc.

Thats what annoys me about re-makes of classic Asian movies, not just the fact that the re-makes almost always suck compared to the original, but the fact that all these ignorant people go to the movie not even knowing that its a re-make or having any desire to see the original.

I just wish they would leave Asian cinema alone, rather than Americanizing it just to make some money. If people are too ignorant to want to watch a movie in a different language then thats their problem, they shouldnt get to see a re-make tear a classic movie to shreds and ruin it for the true fans.

/rant :P

Hrze The Goat 08-17-2006 04:13 AM

Americanizing is what "you" do BEST.

NoHardFeelings.

XtRaVa 08-17-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hrze The Goat
Americanizing is what "you" do BEST.

NoHardFeelings.

You realise I'm english so all is well :p

XtRaVa 08-18-2006 07:22 PM

I'll write some reviews for free :P

Spec7ral 09-19-2006 11:47 PM

*bump*

BloodRedFlower 10-17-2006 07:35 AM

I'd love to but I already work at a magazine, so I wouldn't have enough time. Besides I'm not exactly an expert on Japanese Horror... I'm getting there!

LadyFrost 11-28-2006 05:52 PM

are you still looking for reviewers? id like to try, i've written a few reviews of movies, but only for weblogs and stuff like that, nothing professional. if you would like i can do up a review on a movie of your choose. i think it would be better for me to do it this way as i would choose a movie that ive seen a million times or one that is in my safe zone and i wouldnt be able to do the review properly.

im a pretty good writer, i normally write novels and i have one that is being looked at for publication but id like to try reviews as well.

so what do you think?

xXLadyFrostXx

LadyFrost 12-05-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omcdave (Post 517432)
i would like to see one on spider forest :)

alright then omcdave...ill go and get spider forst and do up a review for ya. hopefully ill have it done in the next few days depending on if i get the movie? would it be at any normal video store?

xXLadyFrostXx

LadyFrost 12-06-2006 02:31 PM

lol sure thing thanks omcdave...that would be awesome...and guess what...i CAN SEE YOU TOO!

xXLadyFrostXx

BASSI 12-07-2006 02:52 PM

ju-on 2 grudge - I didn't think is was that good, girl is still scary i would give 5/10

JU-on Grudge - scared the shit out me 10/10

horrorchic 09-11-2007 06:24 PM

If you are still looking for someone. I am well versed in Japanese Horror and many other types of horror. I just recently wrote a one thousand to four thousand word essay on the history of horror. I can be very critical and would love the chance to do this. I also wrote movie reviews for my high school newspaper and I am looking to eventually start a journalistic career.

I'm guessing by the age of this post that you may already have someone. I would still like consideration.

chaibill 02-17-2008 04:29 PM

I 'll do it but how will Horror pay me when he is never here.

horrorchic 07-21-2008 01:39 PM

I am just checking to see if anyone was picked for this yet??

VampiricClown 07-24-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrorchic (Post 715733)
I am just checking to see if anyone was picked for this yet??

Not that I know of. I sent in some old reviews...Though my new stuff is a lot better. I'm now writing for another website though.

Deep4est 08-21-2008 09:44 PM

If I had any chance of doing reviews for Japanese Horror, I blew it last night. I recieved and watched Takashi Miike's "Visitor Q" DVD and I was left freaking speechless! I'll never think of a lactating woman the same ever again!:eek:

becky.horror 12-19-2008 05:25 PM

j films

very tempting but i think im just too lazy, also my memories shit. but if any1 wants a personal review of one im happy to help!

Get back to me . . . .:)