Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Ghost Ship (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3563)

StepfatherFan 01-25-2004 06:41 PM

Ghost Ship

I'm watching it for the first time, on HBO. Seems pretty fuckin' good so far. What do you all think about it?

MythMan84 01-25-2004 06:49 PM

It was a good movie not nearly as GOOD as real horror mvies like the exorcist and stuff but i personally liked it

StepfatherFan 01-25-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MythMan84
It was a good movie not nearly as GOOD as real horro mvies like the exorcist and stuff but i personally liked it
Since when is a movie about ghosts not a REAL horror movie?

bloodrayne 01-25-2004 06:53 PM

Re: Ghost Ship

Quote:

Originally posted by StepfatherFan
I'm watching it for the first time, on HBO. Seems pretty fuckin' good so far. What do you all think about it?

You're watching it right now?...For the very first time?...Trust me, you'll really like it...I especially liked the end where...hahaha...Just kidding...:D

StepfatherFan 01-25-2004 06:58 PM

Re: Re: Ghost Ship

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodrayne
You're watching it right now?...For the very first time?...Trust me, you'll really like it...I especially liked the end where...hahaha...Just kidding...:D
Well, haven't made it to the end yet, I'm like, in the middle right now. I know the opening sequence was pretty fucking gross. It other words...COOL! :cool:

MythMan84 01-25-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StepfatherFan
Since when is a movie about ghosts not a REAL horror movie?
i mean like a paranormal movie were it's not all about killing the people and cutting them in half out in the middle of nowhere.

StepfatherFan 01-25-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MythMan84
i mean like a paranormal movie were it's not all about killing the people and cutting them in half out in the middle of nowhere.
I really don't understand what your saying. A Horror movie is defined by varying factors. There are different kinds of horror movies, not just slasher films. Your talking about slasher films. Which is a sub-division of horror movies. There ARE other kinds.

Mr_Dizzle 01-25-2004 07:10 PM

Other than the opening sequence, the movie is pretty lame.

Even then it wasn't all that great. Horror movies are obviously fake, but a cable cutting a whole boat full of people in half? That's a bit far-fetched for me.

StepfatherFan 01-25-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr_Dizzle

Even then it wasn't all that great. Horror movies are obviously fake, but a cable cutting a whole boat full of people in half? That's a bit far-fetched for me.

Well, I'm close to the end now, and it seems like a good movie to me. Compaired to most of today's shitty movies, its DAMN GOOD.

meetthecreeper 01-25-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr_Dizzle

You would be surprised what a cable with a lot of tension on it can do, learn this from working around heavy equipment, and I thought this film was pretty good.