Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   British comedy series (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67809)

Baron Von Marlon 11-19-2016 08:27 PM

British comedy series

I'm drinking and watching Bottom.
Anyone else who can appreciate some British comedy? Whatever the type it may be.

-Bottom
-Young Ones
-Father Ted
-One Foot In The Grave
-Green Wing
-...?

sfear 11-19-2016 10:25 PM

Monty Python first and foremost. My wife watches The Durrells Of Corfu (not sure if that's the proper title) and that's pretty good too.

cheebacheeba 11-20-2016 01:09 AM

Not a bad little list there so far.

Misfits. Even though it was set to downhill after the first season, it continued to entertain until the end.

I hear people bang on about "Black Books" a lot.

If you like Edgar Wright stuff, check out "Spaced" the series which more or less started it all, and I think is just a must for anyone that likes a bit of random quirk in their comedy.

Coupling was, at least for a while quite funny. There's one or two people from Green Wing in there too.

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of "Fresh Meat", haven't really watched past it to know.

Hale & Pace is kind of...hit and miss, but what they do well, they do really well.

A sketch show from a few years back starring mostly young people called "School of Comedy" was great...very unexpected.

A slightly more drama-esque, perhaps more suited to a slightly older target audience is "Doc Martin".

Not that these are strictly comedy, but watchable with funny parts - Check out the miniseries "Jekyll" and "Skins", both amazing in their own right.

Peep Show is also pretty interesting, even though the first series is pretty low budget.

Bloof 11-20-2016 04:44 AM

Father Ted
Absolutely Fabulous

RollinFan 11-20-2016 04:51 AM

Red Dwarf
The Brittas Empire
A Fine Romance
Are You Being Served?
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
Absolutely Fabulous
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
As Time Goes By
British Men Behaving Badly

We added the Acorn channel just to watch British TV. And SeeSo has a ton of Python, both movies and TV.

TheBossInTheWall 11-20-2016 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1022063)
Father Ted
Absolutely Fabulous

Didja hear about the AbFab movie that came out recently?

Roiffalo 11-20-2016 11:10 AM

Wow I thought I watched a fair amount of Brit comedies, but I haven't even heard of maybe 97% of what's been listed.

The few I do enjoy:
Monty Python (of course)
Fawlty Towers
Are You Being Served

Baron Von Marlon 11-20-2016 07:40 PM

-The I.T. Crowd
About a bunch of I.T. nerds tucked away in the basement of an office building.

-Blackadder
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder, and Tony Robinson as Blackadder's servant, Baldrick. Each series was set in a different historical period.
Mostly dry humour and colorful insults.

RollinFan 11-20-2016 10:58 PM

Damn, I forgot about Black Adder. Time to rewatch the whole series. ::big grin::
After about a hundred episodes of House, it would be nice to see Hugh Laurie be British again.

Baron Von Marlon 11-25-2016 04:38 PM

Watching The Young Ones again.
Bloody brilliant. Really, if you never saw it, watch it.
Featuring musical appearances by Motorhead, The Damned, Madness,...

Thumb resize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinFan (Post 1022088)
Damn, I forgot about Black Adder. Time to rewatch the whole series. ::big grin::
After about a hundred episodes of House, it would be nice to see Hugh Laurie be British again.

He's also in an episode of The Young Ones.