Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Game Of Thrones (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68476)

Morningriser 03-23-2018 12:49 PM

Game Of Thrones

I saw a thread for season six but not a thread dedicated to the series so...

Does anyone else love this show? I find it to be the best show I have seen in years, if not ever. I just bought season 7 on DVD a week ago and killed it in less than a day. I am so anxious and dreading season 8 since it is the final season.

STTC2K18 03-28-2018 06:01 PM

Favorite show that's on-going right now. Also worried for when it ends, but don't think anything will make me too mad. I don't care who dies or who lives in the end, at this point I just want to see what the end actually IS haha

They had some hang ups in Season 7 honestly, but they made it through more-or-less unscathed and I'm still hyped for the final season. My main issue was with the real shoddy pacing of the season, specifically because of the episode Eastwatch - which covered 3 episodes worth of material in one, and would have been executed much better with the normal 10-episode structure. Oh well, I think the "worst" is over as far as poor storytelling. Now they'll just get right into the endgame... and it'll be glorious.

LuvablePsycho 04-17-2018 05:47 AM

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but honestly I didn't like this show. It's like with American Horror Story I just don't like all the rape and incest and cannibalism and killing of young children. I mean what exactly is the point? Are they just trying to be as shocking as possible?

Morningriser 07-18-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030458)
I know a lot of people will disagree with me but honestly I didn't like this show. It's like with American Horror Story I just don't like all the rape and incest and cannibalism and killing of young children. I mean what exactly is the point? Are they just trying to be as shocking as possible?

This world is baed in our dark ages. In those days there was hardly any kind of law and order and sadly, shit like that was the norm.

LuvablePsycho 07-18-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032247)
This world is baed in our dark ages. In those days there was hardly any kind of law and order and sadly, shit like that was the norm.

Yeah I too realized while watching it how it reflects on the kind of things that really went on in the dark ages like incest and murder. It definitely wasn't your Lord of the Rings type of fantasy setting.

But I just don't like TV shows that are as grim and cynical as Game of Thrones or American Horror Story. I mean I feel bad enough about the world around me and I like watching TV to escape from reality. I don't need a TV show to remind me of just how disgusting and cruel humans can be.

Morningriser 07-19-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032248)
Yeah I too realized while watching it how it reflects on the kind of things that really went on in the dark ages like incest and murder. It definitely wasn't your Lord of the Rings type of fantasy setting.

But I just don't like TV shows that are as grim and cynical as Game of Thrones or American Horror Story. I mean I feel bad enough about the world around me and I like watching TV to escape from reality. I don't need a TV show to remind me of just how disgusting and cruel humans can be.

AHS does it for shock value though while GOT uses it as the unfortunate backdrop for the times. For example they go into great detail about how outside the castle walls of King's Landing is so over saturated with filth you can literally only smell shit and cum. It isn't meant to be pleasant, it's a terrifying world to live in and these are just examples of why it is so terrifying.

LuvablePsycho 07-19-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032252)
AHS does it for shock value though while GOT uses it as the unfortunate backdrop for the times. For example they go into great detail about how outside the castle walls of King's Landing is so over saturated with filth you can literally only smell shit and cum. It isn't meant to be pleasant, it's a terrifying world to live in and these are just examples of why it is so terrifying.

I kind of think GOT does it for shock value too.

Chevalier 07-27-2018 01:03 PM

Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows.

Morningriser 07-27-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032253)
I kind of think GOT does it for shock value too.

Some things perhaps, but sadly it was really that rapey back then.

LuvablePsycho 07-27-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032390)
Some things perhaps, but sadly it was really that rapey back then.

Yeah well it's still that bad even today depending on what part of the world you live in or what type of people you are talking about. We still live in a world where people with money and power can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Morningriser 07-27-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032394)
Yeah well it's still that bad even today depending on what part of the world you live in or what type of people you are talking about. We still live in a world where people with money and power can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Indeed, our race was flawed from the start. To get back on point I think it took a lot of bravery to tackle some of these issues still considered taboo in much of the world. Kudos to them for not white washing the hell out of it. Rape isn't supposed to be comfortable to watch.

LuvablePsycho 07-28-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032395)
Rape isn't supposed to be comfortable to watch.

Neither should incest, cannibalism, torture, or murder. But we certainly get a lot of that in TV nowadays

Morningriser 07-28-2018 09:10 AM

Its all a matter of personal taste. A lot of horror fans love seeing cannibalism or gruesome deaths, it just depends on the viewer. No one can please everyone.

LuvablePsycho 07-28-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032401)
Its all a matter of personal taste. A lot of horror fans love seeing cannibalism or gruesome deaths, it just depends on the viewer. No one can please everyone.

Well I think it's ok when tastefully done. I mean for example I love the fact that in zombie movies humans are devouring other humans (undead or not).

I dunno how to really explain it, but I guess it bugs me more in shows like GoT and AHS. In a straight-up horror movie it doesn't seem so bad to me.

Morningriser 01-21-2019 10:53 AM

April 19th cannot come soon enough!

Morningriser 03-28-2019 03:50 AM

So is anyone else excited about the final season coming up?

hammerfan 03-28-2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037483)
So is anyone else excited about the final season coming up?

A bit

Morningriser 03-28-2019 04:00 AM

Do you have any predictions? I think Daenerys is going to die because other than her own sense of entitlement, she has no real claim to the throne compared to the likes of Jon Snow or even Gendry if it is revealed he is the proper heir to the throne.

hammerfan 03-29-2019 02:26 AM

I think Jon Snow and Daenerys will rule together

Morningriser 03-29-2019 07:51 AM

I think Daenerys is going to die because just like everyone else in her family that has been given power, they all went nuts with it. I think she will go crazy and do something stupid. I mean other than her own sense of entitlement she has no real steak to the throne. Jon Snow and Gendry both have priority over her and all it would really take to prove that Gendry is the rightful Heir would be for Bran to reveal the truth. Even though he claims there is nothing left of Brandon Stark and he is the third eye Raven, I'm not sure how much bias he would show 4 a stranger or the man he formerly saw as his brother.

Sculpt 03-29-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037489)
Do you have any predictions? I think Daenerys is going to die because other than her own sense of entitlement, she has no real claim to the throne compared to the likes of Jon Snow or even Gendry if it is revealed he is the proper heir to the throne.

It's hard to keep it all straight, but Daenerys khaleesi Targaryen is the daughter of King Aerys II Targaryen (the mad king) who was the sixteenth ruler of the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms... so yeah, she has a real claim within this universe.

Jon Snow would be the Prince Rhaegar Targaryen's son.

But I could see the series going with Daenerys going crazy, being inbred, and Jon Snow going down with her, where they are likely to be married, and Gendry somehow leading the rebellion, becoming king. But he's merely the son of the rebel King Robert.

I guess I don't have any predictions.

Morningriser 03-29-2019 12:33 PM

I see what you mean, but wouldn't the fact that Jon Snow is a man, sexist I know, outweigh the fact that Daenerys is his Elder in the family? I'm not sure how that works, especially since he isn't a bastard like we were led to believe, but on the other hand Gendry is a bastard, and despite the targaryens holding the throne since the beginning of kings and queens, Robert Baratheon took the throne after Jaime killed the Mad King, so technically the Iron Throne belongs to the baratheons, but that shouldn't suggest it can be taken by force once again.. It's kind of like they all have almost as equal amount of right I suppose, but I can't help but feel that Daenerys is in this for the wrong reasons. She has done so much, it's true, but she makes bad and hasty decisions, Tyrion has told her this many times and I hope I am wrong about this, but after the conversation Tyrion had with his sister, I'm worried he's going to turn against Daenerys, especially if he thinks she is a lost cause. All I know is if Arya dies I riot! She is easily my favorite character and even from season one I could see that she was going to play a big role in this. Look at her teachers. She first had her father, then Syrio Pharrell a k a the first sword of Braavos, who set her on her path to become the deadliest woman in Westeros. Then she learned from the greatest War strategist in hundreds of years with Tywin Lannister. And then of course, my favorite, Jaqen Ha-ghar taught her how to assassinate by using Magic. And not to mention I have a huge ass crush on Maisie Williams. I think I'm going to wait until the season is over though and get the DVD so I can binge watch it all at once.

hammerfan 04-08-2019 04:55 AM

Re-watched season 7 yesterday. Boy, am I glad I did. There was a lot that I forgot about! OK, bring on season 8!

Sculpt 04-10-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1037709)
Re-watched season 7 yesterday. Boy, am I glad I did. There was a lot that I forgot about! OK, bring on season 8!

I did too. I forgot a lot as well.

Sounds crazy, but last time, I'm not sure I got when Cersei told her brother Jamie that the Sea King (whatever his name is) left to gather his ships and an army to bring back. I understand the Bank is going to fund it, but I'm not sure where Cersei is hiring the soldiers, or when/where they'll attack.

Cersei's plan is to let the Dead and Khaleesi army kill each other off, and then attack who's ever left. But I wonder if that would require her to send part of her army, for looks at least, to go fight the Dead? but she didn't mention that when she talked to Jamie.

I also didn't remember this... Do you know, where did Jamie go? Looks like he's traveling... is going to tell Khaleesi about Cersei's deception?

hammerfan 04-11-2019 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1037761)
I also didn't remember this... Do you know, where did Jamie go? Looks like he's traveling... is going to tell Khaleesi about Cersei's deception?

Well, he always had a good relationship with his brother. I think he's going to look for Tyrion. Which, I guess would mean he's going to find Danaerys. We'll find out soon! I'm going to have to avoid the internet on Sunday and part of Monday. I don't have the ability to watch it live, have to wait til Monday night when I get home from work.

Morningriser 04-11-2019 04:05 AM

It sounds like you guys need to go back and watched it yet again if you have no idea where Jimmy was going. His sister almost had him killed and he's off to Winterfell to join the team he should have been on all along.

I might have to avoid this thread after the new season starts because unless I find somewhere decent to watch it, I'm going to just wait until it's all over and comes out on DVD and I don't want any of it to be spoiled for me.

Sculpt 04-11-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037775)
It sounds like you guys need to go back and watched it yet again if you have no idea where Jimmy was going. His sister almost had him killed and he's off to Winterfell to join the team he should have been on all along.

I might have to avoid this thread after the new season starts because unless I find somewhere decent to watch it, I'm going to just wait until it's all over and comes out on DVD and I don't want any of it to be spoiled for me.

Jamie going north to fight with the team against the Dead was my assumption. But he never said what he was doing, as I recall. He basically told Cersei she needs to join the fight against the Dead, and when she told him about her plan, he said she was mad and he left. They show him traveling by himself.

He should have told her, 'hey, i'm going to go with a Kings Landing army, that way they'll believe you're helping and not get suspicious.' Otherwise, he's not all that helpful by himself.

But Jamie may go to other realms in the area and convince them to join him.

Morningriser 04-11-2019 02:54 PM

Cersei almost had Jamie killed in that conversation. She gave Sir Gregor that nod to arm himself, but I assumed he was waiting for a second nod, which she did not give, but that was still enough for Jamie. He was insanely in love with her and he knows how full is she is being simply because of her ego and he has had enough. He is going to the north to fight in the war, but most importantly, he knows who his true friends are now. I'm hoping he ends up with Brienne of Tarth in the end.

Morningriser 04-15-2019 01:28 PM

I couldn't have asked for a better season premiere! It's had every emotion A Game of Thrones episode could possibly tap into, with the exception of red wedding type reactions of course, and that very last shot was great! He just sat and waited all that time...

Sculpt 04-15-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037856)
I couldn't have asked for a better season premiere! It's had every emotion A Game of Thrones episode could possibly tap into, with the exception of red wedding type reactions of course, and that very last shot was great! He just sat and waited all that time...

Totally agree! Excellent ep. What is the red wedding you're referring to?

hammerfan 04-16-2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037856)

Agreed! Loved that final scene!

Morningriser 04-16-2019 04:30 AM

I think it's going to be quite the opposite of what we think it's going to be. I mean if Jamie didn't push him off that Tower he would have never realized his powers. Besides, I don't think the three-eyed Raven has any desire to fight anyone besides the night King.

After giving it some time to sink in the only thing that felt a bit off was Sam's reaction. At first it seemed normal but then when he immediately went and talk to Bran and then to Jon by Bran's request, just seemed to be played a bit weird on his part considering the news he had just received, but who knows what's going through his mind considering he hated his father and brother to begin with.

Sculpt 04-16-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037870)
I think it's going to be quite the opposite of what we think it's going to be. I mean if Jamie didn't push him off that Tower he would have never realized his powers. Besides, I don't think the three-eyed Raven has any desire to fight anyone besides the night King.

After giving it some time to sink in the only thing that felt a bit off was Sam's reaction. At first it seemed normal but then when he immediately went and talk to Bran and then to Jon by Bran's request, just seemed to be played a bit weird on his part considering the news he had just received, but who knows what's going through his mind considering he hated his father and brother to begin with.

I thought both scenes were a bit odd. Some loved his acting when hearing his father, then brother died. Weighty scene. And then I found it a bit odd Bran would ask Sam to tell him... being no one really talks to Bran anymore, as he's not quite himself. Although Arya Stark is herself again, after being 'a girl' for so long. But it's a great layering to have Sam lose his father and brother to Dany, confront Jon about it, and then tell him he's the king heir to the throne and a Targaryen.

Morningriser 04-16-2019 04:00 PM

Yeah that whole scene was confusing. I mean he loved his father and brother in a sense that they were his blood and of house tarly, but think the biggest part of it was shocked about hearing of his father and then assuming his brother was the head of the family and then finding out he was dead, also I'm sure it hit him that he is now the head of house tarly. I do agree though about bran, it was strange that he wanted Sam to do it. He knows Jon trust Sam though and would probably find it easier coming from him then Bran who no longer even Associates himself as his brother. I don't know, but I just felt like Sam sucked it up and got over it all pretty quickly to go from one hammering issue he knew nothing about 2 revealing to John who he really is. I think eventually though Daenerys is going to piss off too many people in Winterfell and that's going to cause a big problem. At the same time though, I don't know if it's just an Improvement in her acting skills or what, but Emilia Clarke seems to be a lot more three dimensional this time around with her characters than she has in previous Seasons, unless that's just their way of illustrating that she is in love and she can actually smile like that when she is in the right mindset. I don't know, I just hope nothing bad happens to Arya. She is my lady of Winterfell.

Also, yeah I know it's because of their age, but time has passed on the show oh, I'm not sure how much time, but enough for Jamie to have grown a full beard and groomed it and Sansa seems to know a whole lot more about her position then she did at the end of season 7. With that said, I still think there could be a hope for her and Tyrion. What she said to him came as quite a surprise to me.

Morningriser 04-22-2019 12:48 PM

Last night's episode was even better than last week's episode! I absolutely love Maisie Williams but that one particular scene only fueled my desire even more.

Sculpt 04-23-2019 07:47 AM

that was a good episode. they jump right into all the interesting soap issues.

Morningriser 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

I have a slight suspicion though that Jorah might still be a spy. He was originally working through Varyse under the advisement of Robert Baratheon. But it was Varyse who originally helped Tyrion escape King's Landing. Anytime his loyalty has ever been questioned he has always said he does what's best for the realm, so who's to say what he's doing now isn't the best for the realm in his mind and still Plies loyal to Cersei?

With Jorah, I realize he is in love with Daenerys, but the fact that he keeps coming back and his behavior in this past episode itself, makes me wonder.

Also, I'm pretty certain Sam will live, or at least I'm hoping he does, but how fucked up would it be if Jorah killed him with his family's sword after he saved his life?