Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Horror Sequels Better Than The Original (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61308)

Bob Gray 07-29-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearonsarms (Post 929732)
I 100% agree I don't hate House of 1000 corpses but let's be honest it was a mess despite having some good moments. The Devil's Rejects built on the potential of the first film, broadened it's scope and was a more successful throwback to the grindhouse era.

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses and felt that The Devil's Rejects was a great sequel too but not as great as the first movie.

Straker 07-29-2012 03:49 PM

It's really rare I prefer a sequel to the original and disagree with 90% of what people have listed in this thread, but I am kinda surprised noone has mentioned Blade 2 yet...

The Villain 07-29-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 929821)
It's really rare I prefer a sequel to the original and disagree with 90% of what people have listed in this thread, but I am kinda surprised noone has mentioned Blade 2 yet...

Didn't even think about that. Blade 2 is a lot better then the first one.

Fearonsarms 07-30-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Gray (Post 929782)
I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I absolutely love House of 1,000 Corpses and felt that The Devil's Rejects was a great sequel too but not as great as the first movie.

I do genuinely understand that there will be people who prefer the first film it was full of some very great ideas-I just felt they were delivered in a patchy and messy way whereas The Devil's Rejects also had inventive ideas but were delivered in a more cohesive, well arranged and gripping way

Bob Gray 07-30-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearonsarms (Post 929878)
I do genuinely understand that there will be people who prefer the first film it was full of some very great ideas-I just felt they were delivered in a patchy and messy way whereas The Devil's Rejects also had inventive ideas but were delivered in a more cohesive, well arranged and gripping way

Truth is, I don't even have a clue what it is about the first movie that I like so much, I just do.

realdealblues 07-30-2012 08:03 AM

More Thriller maybe than Horror and while perhaps not a direct sequel in some minds, Silence Of The Lambs was perfect. I do still like Manhunter though.

Angra 07-30-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 929822)
Didn't even think about that. Blade 2 is a lot better then the first one.

Agreed.

Loved the new vampire breed and their crazy-ass mouths. :D

Nat94 07-30-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 929922)
Agreed.

Agreed, I would say in order of my faves it would be 2, 3 then 1.. The series is just crap

The Villain 07-30-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 929922)
Agreed.

Yeah plus the cast was a lot better. The villain's in the first were just stupid....not as bad as the third one though.

ispydork 07-31-2012 02:48 PM

Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Can't think of anymore right now.