Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Compilations and Pastimes (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   True Or False (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68025)

anglewitch 04-12-2017 08:45 PM

True Or False

A true or false thread. Why not? θ)

True or false
Chuck Norris has only one line in Return of The Dragon.

Sculpt 04-13-2017 03:23 PM

true

anglewitch 04-13-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1025280)
true

Correct! Your turn.

Sculpt 04-13-2017 07:47 PM

True or false
The mods will probably say they'd prefer a thread like this in the Pastime forum.

anglewitch 04-13-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1025296)
True or false
The mods will probably say they'd prefer a thread like this in the Pastime forum.

False

MichaelMyers 07-19-2017 04:36 PM

True or False

Loki is the god of lies

Roiffalo 07-19-2017 09:16 PM

False. He is the god of fangirls.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/d7b9/f/...io-d5cyfvc.png

Repo'd 07-20-2017 01:09 PM

Julie Newmar was the best Cat Woman

Dice Rollen 07-20-2017 04:06 PM

True (Though Eartha Kitt is another lovely choice)

True or false, modern vampires can see their reflections in mirrors.

The Shroud 12-22-2017 11:05 AM

True, most of the time anymore.

True or false:

The Bloodstone drips the blood of bats.

Sculpt 12-22-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shroud (Post 1029169)
True, most of the time anymore.

True or false:

The Bloodstone drips the blood of bats.

False, bats have no blood, they only drink it.

True or false:

Cats have no thumbs.

hammerfan 12-23-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1029172)
True or false:

Cats have no thumbs.

Some cats do. They're called polydactyl. All of the cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West, Florida are polydactyls.

True or false:

Christopher Lee was a spy during World War II

Sculpt 12-23-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1029174)
Some cats do. They're called polydactyl. All of the cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West, Florida are polydactyls.

True or false:

Christopher Lee was a spy during World War II

False, Lee served in many capacities during WWII, primarily an intelligence officer for Royal Air Force operations in North Africa, Sicily and Italy. For a few months at the conclusion of the war, Lee, who was fluent in French and German, was tasked with hunting down Nazi war criminals.

True or false:

Peter Cushing never served in the military.

Morningriser 03-30-2018 12:07 PM

False, he lived out WW1 with his family but didn't participate or was affected by it.

True or false, the blood gushing effect during Johnny Depp's death scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street was done by spraying fake blood through a fire hose placed on the floor under the bed.

Sculpt 04-01-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1030198)
False, he lived out WW1 with his family but didn't participate or was affected by it.

True or false, the blood gushing effect during Johnny Depp's death scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street was done by spraying fake blood through a fire hose placed on the floor under the bed.

False! It was not fake blood, it was his private emergency supply.

True or false --
For the film The Elephant Man, John Hurt agreed to have his face surgically altered to play the role.

LuvablePsycho 04-27-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030241)
False! It was not fake blood, it was his private emergency supply.

True or false --
For the film The Elephant Man, John Hurt agreed to have his face surgically altered to play the role.

False. It was all done by make-up (at least that's what I read on Google I've never even seen the movie)

True or False --

In the story of the first two humans Adam and Eve, Eve was the first and only wife of Adam.

Sculpt 04-27-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030682)
True or False --

In the story of the first two humans Adam and Eve, Eve was the first and only wife of Adam.

Unless you count, football, True -- Eve was Adam's first and only wife... unless you want to say they weren't married, but under Common Law rules, they were married.

True or False:

Moses never entered the Promised Land.

LuvablePsycho 04-28-2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030685)
Unless you count, football, True -- Eve was Adam's first and only wife... unless you want to say they weren't married, but under Common Law rules, they were married.

True or False:

Moses never entered the Promised Land.

Sorry but I gotta explain this lol. Most people think that Eve was Adam's only wife but in some stories dating back to the dark ages Adam's first wife was a woman named Lilith. Basically she ran away from the Garden of Eden and became a demon and after that is when God supposedly created Eve to be Adam's second wife. ::devil::

Here's a link to a page about her: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

And True!

True or False: George Romero's horror classic Night of the Living Dead was inspired by Herk Harvey's Carnival of Souls.

Morningriser 04-28-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030690)
True or False: George Romero's horror classic Night of the Living Dead was inspired by Herk Harvey's Carnival of Souls.

False, he was inspired by the novel I Am Legend.

True or false , while filming The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gunnar Hansen couldn't stand the actor playing Franklin and was very happy once his death scene was filmed and he was off the set.

The Villain 05-01-2018 06:03 AM

To avoid any confrontation, please leave religious subjects out of a True or False conversation.

LuvablePsycho 05-01-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1030739)
To avoid any confrontation, please leave religious subjects out of a True or False conversation.

I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

The Villain 05-01-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030741)
I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

Sculpt 05-02-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1030743)
I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days... but you'd probably be surprised what percent are christians. Some christians like to hear about jewish folklore like Wendy, er what was her name? oh Lillith. The arguing isn't really a christian thing, but yes, I agree with you, not the best True or False material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1030701)
False, he was inspired by the novel I Am Legend.

True or false , while filming The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gunnar Hansen couldn't stand the actor playing Franklin and was very happy once his death scene was filmed and he was off the set.

True --Paul A. Partain, playing Franklin, though in a chair, gave Gunnar Hansen a really hard time, calling him a fat slut and a moron. On one occasion Paul punched Gunnar's mouth off.

True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

LuvablePsycho 05-02-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030775)
There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days...

Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

DeadbeatAtDawn 05-02-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030777)
Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

LuvablePsycho 05-03-2018 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1030779)
Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really like FaceBook or Twitter either and I only use Facebook for staying in touch with family. Also don't even get me started on YouTube!

*feels a song coming on*

Everybody in the USA
Hates that stupid website
It's YouTube and it's really really lame!
YouTube tried to block my song
Their views on copyright are wrong
I hate their guts, and YouTube is their name!
Y-O-U-T-U-B-E They're the ones who make me angry
I'd like to see their site go down in flames!

Morningriser 05-03-2018 06:47 AM

Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030775)
True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

LuvablePsycho 05-03-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1030783)
Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

False (at least I think it's false, I never saw the movie and tried looking this up on Google but found nothing)

True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

Sculpt 05-05-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030784)
True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

LuvablePsycho 05-10-2018 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030828)
False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

True (I think? I know that was true in Day of the Dead)

True or False

Linda Blair agreed to return as Regan for Exorcist 2 on the condition that she didn't have to be covered in make-up again.

Sculpt 05-13-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030917)
True (I think? I know that was true in Day of the Dead)

True or False

Linda Blair agreed to return as Regan for Exorcist 2 on the condition that she didn't have to be covered in make-up again.

That is true. She was boy crazy and didn't want to be typecasted in that face.

True or False:

The original title for "Creature From the Black Lagoon" was "The Fishman Desires".

Morningriser 06-23-2018 02:16 PM

False?

True or false, David Lynch's first choice for the role of Sandy in Blue Velvet was Molly Ringwald, but being underage her mother wouldn't let her do it.

Sculpt 06-23-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1031800)
False?

True or false, David Lynch's first choice for the role of Sandy in Blue Velvet was Molly Ringwald, but being underage her mother wouldn't let her do it.

True?

Morningriser 06-24-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1031802)
True?

yep

Sculpt 06-24-2018 06:44 PM

True or False --

in 2010 director James Wan (Saw, Dead Silence, Insidious, The Conjuring) said he would no longer make horror films.

Morningriser 06-26-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1031832)
True or False --

in 2010 director James Wan (Saw, Dead Silence, Insidious, The Conjuring) said he would no longer make horror films.

::big grin:: ::big grin:: ::big grin:: false

True or false, Debra Hill has played Michael Myers on film.

Sculpt 06-26-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1031849)

No! It is true that in 2011 James Wan told Moviefone he would not make anymore horror films. He changed his mind.

False, Debra Hill did not play Myers?

Morningriser 06-26-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1031832)
True or False --

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1031849)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1031863)
No! It is true that in 2011 James Wan told Moviefone he would not make anymore horror films. He changed his mind.

False, Debra Hill did not play Myers?

True, it was her hands you see as young Michael and later on there's a scene where she was dressed as him and seen out a window. You can notice he is shorter.

True or false, actress Ellen Page (Juno, Inception, Hard Candy) made her acting debut on the Canadian television show, Degrassi: The Next Generation.

The Villain 06-28-2018 03:03 PM

False? I used to watch that all the time and i dont remember seeing her on it

Morningriser 06-29-2018 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1031899)
False? I used to watch that all the time and i dont remember seeing her on it

Correct. She got her start on Trailer Park Boys.