Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stung 2015 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66069)

TheBossInTheWall 07-02-2015 06:17 PM

Stung 2015

I believe this is being shown in independent movie theaters. It looks like they're trying too hard, but it could be fun. I think Repo'd might enjoy it.

Repo'd 07-02-2015 06:37 PM

Oh hell yeah, count me in! It looks over completely over the top. I see Lance Henriksen and a few other pretty talented folks in the mix too. Yep, it's my cup of tea, Boss, thanks.

Roiffalo 07-02-2015 10:24 PM

I see the title and what looks like a HUGE FUCKING WASP in the preview image of the video and instantly decide 'nope'. ::smile::

neilold 07-03-2015 12:52 AM

i saw the giant wap and instantly thought 'god yes'!!!! Just the sort of movie i reallly enjoy, good trashy o.t.t fun, think ferox will like this one to

DeadbeatAtDawn 07-03-2015 01:12 AM

I'd watch this. : )

Repo'd 07-03-2015 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilold (Post 996999)
i saw the giant wasp and instantly thought 'god yes'!!!!

Yep, that was my reaction as well. I'm a sucker for this kind of crap!

jessica900 07-03-2015 03:59 AM

Stung is not a good movie, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that it’s trying to be. I would be able to forgive the movie for being cheesy and terrible if it didn’t seem to want to be a better movie, but Stung takes itself far too seriously for a movie about giant killer wasps.

The film follows Julia (newcomer Jessica Cook) and Paul (Matt O’Leary, Sorority Row), two caterers who are on their way to work a job that will make or break their business. Their clients are Sydney Perch (Clifton Collins Jr.) and his mother, who are both a bit on the loopy side. Among the high profile guests at their event is the town mayor (Lance Henriksen, looking incredibly bored), who proves to be a useful member among the group of survivors following the initial wasp attack. From there the film follows the few survivors of the initial attack as they try to escape the house they’ve barricaded themselves in.

Jake.Ashworth 07-03-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 997004)
Yep, that was my reaction as well. I'm a sucker for this kind of crap!

Im 100% in, it looks like a blast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica900 (Post 997014)
Stung is not a good movie, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that it’s trying to be. I would be able to forgive the movie for being cheesy and terrible if it didn’t seem to want to be a better movie, but Stung takes itself far too seriously for a movie about giant killer wasps.

Buzz kill... Lol.

TheBossInTheWall 07-03-2015 07:43 AM

I might be more inclined to Jessica's opinion. I'll probably eventually see it. But with lower expectations. If only movies of this sort could be as good as Slither.

Baron Von Marlon 07-03-2015 09:46 AM

Insects are great material for horror movies because most of them are monsters already. Only need to supersize them.

Anyone seen Infestation? I think that one was pretty good.
Arac Attack/Eight Legged freaks was good too. Technically not insects but still creepy crawlers.
Or Starship Troopers (I love that movie). They were alien but still insects.

And for those who've seen Zombeavers
"the ending when the bee goes to infected blood: Zombees"
Not sure if that would work, but could be interesting.