Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Art (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tattoo work. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66412)

Jake.Ashworth 10-09-2015 05:41 AM

Tattoo work.

1 Attachment(s)
I have a friend who is a pretty talented tattoo artist. I have him working on a Lament Configuration tattoo for my leg. This was his first rough sketch, its pretty freaking good. I told him I wanted to hooks to look a little more mean. They are normally more straight with bends than hook shaped. I also suggested serrating the hooks a bit, and increasing the size of the links in the chains slightly. What do yall think? Any other suggestions?

hammerfan 10-09-2015 05:53 AM

I think serrated edges would be cool!

TheBossInTheWall 10-09-2015 06:54 AM

The box's dimensions look off. Asymmetrical. The top chain needs to be longer, even if some of the chain needs to spilled off the the side, ie-not taunt like the others. I like how the part before the hooks isn't fully defined, but I think it would not look right unless you're skin is so pale its near white. The designs of the box are good and seem accurate which is very good.. The blades around the circle opening for me are too much. Sometimes a piece is better when you take something away.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. If you do end up tattooing it on you I think it needs to be as close to perfect as you can get.

Jake.Ashworth 10-09-2015 07:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall (Post 1002007)
The box's dimensions look off. Asymmetrical. The top chain needs to be longer, even if some of the chain needs to spilled off the the side, ie-not taunt like the others. I like how the part before the hooks isn't fully defined, but I think it would not look right unless you're skin is so pale its near white. The designs of the box are good and seem accurate which is very good.. The blades around the circle opening for me are too much. Sometimes a piece is better when you take something away.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. If you do end up tattooing it on you I think it needs to be as close to perfect as you can get.

I completely agree. That's what I told him, I am paying homage and I want it right. That said, when the chains come out of the box, it opens in that pattern, I know they look like blades but they are actually the circle in the top of the box opening. I thought the same thing about those less defined areas, but then he told me that those are actually where the hooks are hooked through the flesh. Once he gets it on and shades it appropriately it will look raised in those areas. He did make it a point to say that it wont look exactly right until its run through the computer.

Pictures below show the hook design I'm going for and the box open.

TheBossInTheWall 10-09-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1002011)
I completely agree. That's what I told him, I am paying homage and I want it right. That said, when the chains come out of the box, it opens in that pattern, I know they look like blades but they are actually the circle in the top of the box opening. I thought the same thing about those less defined areas, but then he told me that those are actually where the hooks are hooked through the flesh. Once he gets it on and shades it appropriately it will look raised in those areas. He did make it a point to say that it wont look exactly right until its run through the computer.

Pictures below show the hook design I'm going for and the box open.

Ok, right about the blades. And the hooks under the skin, I see it now. Though with the hooks around the box it doesn't like the best it could. You might try having the chains and hooks all going in one direction and hooked at another place on your body. Or even better have the hooks look like they're coming at the person looking at the tattoo.

Jake.Ashworth 10-09-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall (Post 1002018)
Ok, right about the blades. And the hooks under the skin, I see it now. Though with the hooks around the box it doesn't like the best it could. You might try having the chains and hooks all going in one direction and hooked at another place on your body. Or even better have the hooks look like they're coming at the person looking at the tattoo.

Hes making some adjustments now, Ill post an update when he finishes. I mentioned the box not being symmetrical and he said that will all be fixed when the drawing is ran through the computer system. Im excited. ::smile::

Roiffalo 10-09-2015 12:37 PM

Fantastic work! Your friend is quite talented! Anxious to see the updated piece 8)