Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Last Seen Contemporary Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63920)

Tommy Jarvis 01-11-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1050386)
Footnote: that's Grouch, not Grover.

Bloof 01-12-2022 06:05 AM

NARUTO: NINJA CLASH LAND OF THE SNOW 2004

Animated

Sculpt 01-12-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis (Post 1050406)
Whoopsie!

Dis is Grover

And, isn't this interesting?

bamahorrorfan87 01-12-2022 05:10 PM

Jessabelle

FryeDwight 01-14-2022 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1050161)
I look forward to your review!

HF...You Got It::smile::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RARE EXPORTS (2010). VERY unusual film, which made Me think of a cross between A CHRISTMAS STORY and THE THING, with a little GAME OF THRONES thrown in. Although there are other characters in the film, RE focuses mainly on a young boy and His Widowed Father, A Reindeer slaughterer is is almost at the end of his rope, financially speaking. Trying to keep Wolves away from his home, He digs a Hidden trap which does catch something. Could it possibly be Santa Claus, or something else?

Quite an imaginative effort and although I've read reviews where it seems implausible the Little Boy would know what to do, I think it works for the story and truly one of the Best, Funniest ending We've seen in sometime. ****

hammerfan 01-14-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1050420)
HF...You Got It::smile::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RARE EXPORTS (2010). VERY unusual film, which made Me think of a cross between A CHRISTMAS STORY and THE THING, with a little GAME OF THRONES thrown in. Although there are other characters in the film, RE focuses mainly on a young boy and His Widowed Father, A Reindeer slaughterer is is almost at the end of his rope, financially speaking. Trying to keep Wolves away from his home, He digs a Hidden trap which does catch something. Could it possibly be Santa Claus, or something else?

Quite an imaginative effort and although I've read reviews where it seems implausible the Little Boy would know what to do, I think it works for the story and truly one of the Best, Funniest ending We've seen in sometime. ****

It makes me happy that you enjoyed it!!!

bamahorrorfan87 01-14-2022 11:41 AM

Antlers

Tommy Jarvis 01-15-2022 04:29 AM

Time to play catch up:

Boo was a nice little ghost flick with a spectacular ending.

Bumperkleef (aka Tailgate) is a solidly done Dutch thriller.

A somewhat unsympathetic family is on its way to the father's parents. On the way over, they manage to piss off a killer that sort of reminded me of Javier Bardem's character in No Country For Old Men. In the opening scene, we see what he is capable of, thus making it a bit disappointing that the film only had one kill.

However, there are good things about it as well. The confrontations are tension filled, built up by a good score. And near the end, it has a nice twist, reminiscent of Phone Booth and the only moment we see Kiefer Sutherland in it too. The actual end is a tad underwhelming, ending a minute too early, keeping us from seeing something that would have been predictable, yet add to the story and tension.

Tommy Jarvis 01-15-2022 04:31 AM

The Blair Witch Project*

I remember watching this in the theatre when it came out and being terrified. Also, I wondered wether it stood the test of time. Then, reading how a review here said this film has not aged well peaked my curiosity, so I checked it out again.

I mean, in a way, The Blair Witch Project already earned its place in movie history. It may technically not have been the first one to use this technique (even some bits of Peeping Tom could be seen as a bit of a precursor), it did lay the foundations of what later became the found footage style and set up some of its tropes, paving the way for The Poughkeepsie Tapes, VHS, (rec), Creep, Spree,... So it deserves credit for that.

What about the film itself then?

All in all, it held up surprisingly well. The build up works pretty well and sets up what later became the tropes of the subgenre: the foreshadowing interviews with the locals, the scares that gradually become more and more creepy, the group falling apart,...

You can argue on wether or not the characters are likable, but I think that's beside the point. From what I gather, you can understand the characters and their motivations. Heather wants to keep it together and make the film, so she keeps a strong face until she finally cracks too. Her monologue still holds up as well as the ending shots with her and Mike in the cellar. It still has me on the edge of my seat.

Good stuff.

Rose Blood: A Friday the 13th Fan Film

This one had some good kills and a good bit of fan service, but it just did not do much for me.

bamahorrorfan87 01-15-2022 12:41 PM

Big bully

bamahorrorfan87 01-16-2022 11:02 AM

12 angry men 1997

FryeDwight 01-17-2022 12:03 AM

URBAN LEGEND (1998). Decent SCREAM type film, although like that film and I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, it's just a little too aware of how witty it is. Cast is good-seeing Brad Dourif and Robert Englund (Chuckie and Freddie::cool::!) along with a young Jared Leto and amazing how adorable Tara Reid was back then.
Also enjoy seeing Loretta Devine (SUPERNATURAL and great on GREY'S ANATOMY) as a Campus Cop..especially when she's watching the opening mayhem from COFFEY and reciting the action right along with Pam Grier::cool::!

Ringo 01-17-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 (Post 1050433)
12 angry men 1997

Great cast. Like it, it did justice to the original one.

Bloof 01-18-2022 03:44 PM

DEMON WIND 1990

A young man returns to his grandparent's old farm to find out what caused his father to commit suicide (which never really became clear).

Quite the 80's cheese but i do like cheese.

bamahorrorfan87 01-18-2022 05:43 PM

Paranormal activity

Sculpt 01-19-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1050447)
DEMON WIND 1990

A young man returns to his grandparent's old farm to find out what caused his father to commit suicide (which never really became clear).

Quite the 80's cheese but i do like cheese.

So were the rumors of his father's demise greatly exaggerated?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 (Post 1050433)
12 angry men 1997

Glad you referenced this film. I've never seen it. what a cast! General Patton as the angriest juror is so perfect. Loved the original. I'd hope this remake is different enough from the original.

FryeDwight 01-21-2022 01:47 AM

JASON X (2001). Wasn't really expecting much from this and also the one film in the series I hadn't seen, but... while it's not great at all, it REALLY isn't half bad! At least, they were trying to do SOMETHING new with the series instead of the same old, same old. Kind of a cool premise for Jason , really good sets/special effects and got a good laugh at the "Alternate Universe" He finds himself in. Net seeing David Cronenberg in here and the Girl who gets it in the lab is the sister of Sebastian Bach, lead vocalist for 90's band Skid Row.

This did poorly at the Box office ands lots of detractors, but I enjoyed it more than I thought and would take this anyway over Parts's 3, 5 and 8. ***

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-21-2022 07:37 AM

Spiderman Trilogy. 2002, 2004, 2007. 8/10

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/fb...c99eeb8ab5.gif

Jack in the Box : Awakening. 2022. 6.5/10

https://media.flickeringmyth.com/q:i...-2-600x338.jpg

bamahorrorfan87 01-21-2022 10:18 AM

The possession

bamahorrorfan87 01-22-2022 04:02 PM

Frozen

Amaltheaunicorn 01-23-2022 06:49 AM

[IMG]http:/

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-23-2022 08:12 AM

Ray Donovan: The Movie. 2022.

Director: David Hollander

Thumb resize.

Great end to the series but sad nonetheless.

hammerfan 01-24-2022 04:08 AM

Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin

FryeDwight 01-26-2022 10:44 PM

THE FOREST (2016). Young Girl (Natalie Dorner from GAME OF THRONES) travels to Japan to look for troubled sister who may have gone to Aokigahara Forest to commit suicide. Starts out well with some really good atmosphere, then characters begin doing questionable things and too many "BOO!" moments for Me. Not bad, but really could have been better. **1/2

hammerfan 01-27-2022 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1050518)
THE FOREST (2016). Young Girl (Natalie Dorner from GAME OF THRONES) travels to Japan to look for troubled sister who may have gone to Aokigahara Forest to commit suicide. Starts out well with some really good atmosphere, then characters begin doing questionable things and too many "BOO!" moments for Me. Not bad, but really could have been better. **1/2

I completely agree! Could have been much better.

Amaltheaunicorn 01-27-2022 10:26 AM

´

TaeKwonZombie 01-27-2022 11:15 AM

resident evil apocalypse, yah whatever criticism u have towards the films whatever,,,but i like seeing the monsters and zombies is enough for me to enjoy

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-28-2022 02:14 AM

The Free Fall, 2021. 6/10

Director: Adam Stilwell

https://ww.cima4u.ws/wp-content/uploads/074-109.jpg

The Curse of Humpty Dumpty, 2021. 8/10

Director: Scott Jeffrey

https://64.media.tumblr.com/5f14acb8...8bf3e9cbe.gifv

bamahorrorfan87 01-28-2022 12:53 PM

Back to the future part 3

bamahorrorfan87 01-29-2022 01:52 PM

Candyman 2021

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-29-2022 03:10 PM

The Last Matinee, 2020. 7/10

Director: Maximiliano Contenti

https://www.maternaldisaster.com/wp-...stmatinee1.jpg

30 Days of Night, 2007. 8/10

Director: David Slade

https://i.gifer.com/YH0S.gif

FryeDwight 01-30-2022 12:49 AM

CEMETARY MAN (1994). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Very offbeat film that details a Cemetery caretaker (Rupert Murdoch) who is a loner , all but ostracized by the local townspeople and really only one friend, "Gnaghi" (a cross between Curly of THE THREE STOOGES and Hodor from GAME OF THRONES) . For whatever reason, the Dead come back to life after a week and it's up to the Caretaker to dispatch them (some cool effects here). His life takes an unexpected turn when He falls head over heels with a Grieving Widow, known only as "She" (Anna Falchi, who appears in two more roles is absolutely stunning) and even "Gnaghi" finds love. But will this happiness last?
As mentioned, CM is unusual, beautifully shot, nice grue and quite funny throughout, but gets sort of weird towards the end and the ending left Me guessing. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Subtitles had been on the menu to help with my aging senses-in fact, I got more info about the story watching the trailer! ***1/2

bamahorrorfan87 01-30-2022 05:26 PM

Gone fishin’

hammerfan 01-31-2022 05:49 AM

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

bamahorrorfan87 01-31-2022 08:57 PM

Blank check

FryeDwight 02-01-2022 01:11 AM

AIRHEADS (1994). Reasonably funny tale of a Struggling band hoping to get a Demo tape played on the big local Radio station and the desperate steps they take to achieve this goal. AIRHEADS almost plays like a Time Capsule, capturing the aura of time with lots on In-Jokes and appearances by Music types and has a good cast, many who went on to bigger and better things (although I still don't get the hoopla about Adam Sandler). Biggest problem is the film has too slim a story to stretch out the running time and probably would have been funnier as a SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE series of episodes. **1/2

GMB 02-01-2022 04:22 PM

A Dark Song: 6/10

bamahorrorfan87 02-01-2022 06:24 PM

Jungle 2 Jungle

hammerfan 02-02-2022 05:39 AM

The Innkeepers

Sculpt 02-03-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1050553)
CEMETARY MAN (1994). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Very offbeat film that details a Cemetery caretaker (Rupert Murdoch) who is a loner , all but ostracized by the local townspeople and really only one friend, "Gnaghi" (a cross between Curly of THE THREE STOOGES and Hodor from GAME OF THRONES) . For whatever reason, the Dead come back to life after a week and it's up to the Caretaker to dispatch them (some cool effects here). His life takes an unexpected turn when He falls head over heels with a Grieving Widow, known only as "She" (Anna Falchi, who appears in two more roles is absolutely stunning) and even "Gnaghi" finds love. But will this happiness last?
As mentioned, CM is unusual, beautifully shot, nice grue and quite funny throughout, but gets sort of weird towards the end and the ending left Me guessing. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Subtitles had been on the menu to help with my aging senses-in fact, I got more info about the story watching the trailer! ***1/2

ill get around to seeing this sometime. Looks pretty abstract... or maybe i mean unspecific. ::big grin::