Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

LuvablePsycho 08-13-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032762)
don't apologize for how you feel man. Believe me, there has been so many times I just wanted the entire universe just suddenly ceased to exist kind of like Thanos in Infinity War. But then I realized that having thoughts like that makes me know better than people like that and the people who have inspired the people who shoot up schools for movie theaters or anywhere else they feel like they can get the proper attention their mommies and daddies never did. I don't want our country to suddenly ceased to exist I just wanted to wake up and start giving a damn again because if people are seriously think we have acted like this throughout all of human history they are sadly mistaken because we would have never made it this far without mankind cooperating to some degree. I mean the entire world needs the universe's biggest cup of coffee dumped on it and told to wake the fuck up and stop being self-centered pieces of shit and show some compassion for their fellow man.

EDIT, damn I just realized 3 years later I finally hit my 1,000th post! let's celebrate by looking at a picture of my first-ever mimosa I had yesterday ::big grin::

Yeah it's not that I want my country to be completely destroyed, but I would really love to see that giant ego of ours popped like the oversized balloon that it is. I mean for one thing we have always bragged about being "the most free country in the world" and yet the American government keeps a tighter leash on it's people than we realize. For many years anybody who isn't a rich white heterosexual Christian man has been fighting for the right to not be treated like crap and those battles are still being fought today but nobody wants to admit to that either. There's also a lot of things that we should be doing a better way but we choose not to and I just don't understand it.

But anyways if we did collapse I'm pretty positive that we would still remain a country. I mean those other places I mentioned that had empires like ours are still around too. Even if something happens and the country changes it's name (like Siam becoming Thailand) the people of that country will always still be there... unless of course they are completely wiped out by genocide.

Edit: Oh and congrats!::wink::

Morningriser 08-13-2018 10:42 AM

Yeah the ego is a hell of a thing but once it is stripped away you see what people are truly made of. That's something I really like about psychedelic drugs. When I am tripping it completely tears away my ego and allows me to think clearly without any sort of biased opinions or self-judgement. it basically allows you to see your true self. there's a lot of people in this world that could use a dose of that in their life.

LuvablePsycho 08-14-2018 05:17 AM

I like my new PS4. The system itself isn't as cool as the PS3 was imo but it has some really good games for it. Right now I'm playing Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 0, and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. I'm hoping to buy Yakuza Kiwami 2 once the price drops.

I feel like a Super Deadly Asianese Ninjamurai Dragon Master! ::cool::

*sings Everybody Was Kungfu Fightin*

Morningriser 08-14-2018 09:24 AM

Wow I feel stupid... This whole time I thought that was Denzel Washington in Black Klansman. It looked just like him and sounded just like him and I could have sworn they advertised him as being in it on TV but it was his son and not him. I know he was in Malcolm X but didn't he also play his son in He Got Game, or was it someone else?

LuvablePsycho 08-14-2018 10:39 AM

I dunno but speaking of Malcolm X... I respect Martin Luther King Jr. a lot more. He wasn't calling white people "the white devil" or encouraging black people to be violent. His belief was basically that we all share the same planet and that we need to learn to get along or else we are going to end up destroying ourselves.

Morningriser 08-14-2018 11:10 AM

Yeah that's actually the message and black klansman. I mean it's based off of a true story and apparently everything happened the way it does in the movie but the main character, working Undercover as a police officer goes to a black panther rally to act as crowd control if things started getting out of hand but the cop actually starts to agree with some of the stuff the guy who is speaking is saying about white people but believes more towards what Martin Luther King taught so one day he sees an ad in the newspaper for recruiting the KKK members and initially just fucking around he calls and start stalking to the leader of the Colorado Springs chapter and then when they want to meet him face-to-face he actually goes and gets permission from his superiors to open an investigation and they get Adam Driver to go in and be the face behind The Voice. They did a really good job of telling it without just slowly making it look like we are these demons. It gave off the message that hate comes from anywhere and everywhere no matter what color you are.

LuvablePsycho 08-14-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032778)
Yeah that's actually the message and black klansman. I mean it's based off of a true story and apparently everything happened the way it does in the movie but the main character, working Undercover as a police officer goes to a black panther rally to act as crowd control if things started getting out of hand but the cop actually starts to agree with some of the stuff the guy who is speaking is saying about white people but believes more towards what Martin Luther King taught so one day he sees an ad in the newspaper for recruiting the KKK members and initially just fucking around he calls and start stalking to the leader of the Colorado Springs chapter and then when they want to meet him face-to-face he actually goes and gets permission from his superiors to open an investigation and they get Adam Driver to go in and be the face behind The Voice. They did a really good job of telling it without just slowly making it look like we are these demons. It gave off the message that hate comes from anywhere and everywhere no matter what color you are.

I agree. Racism and other forms of prejudice exists everywhere.

But for something happier my brother's girlfriend is having her baby today. I'm so happy!::smile::

This calls for some appropriate music!

https://youtu.be/6y4qnQ0tEUE

LuvablePsycho 08-14-2018 01:06 PM

My family is mostly Irish and my brother's girlfriend's family is Italian. I guess that means this is going to be one mouthy little girl that they will be raising. ::big grin::

Morningriser 08-14-2018 02:33 PM

congrats!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

LuvablePsycho 08-14-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032781)

Thank you! ::smile::I just saw a picture of the baby that my mom sent to my phone and she is so adorable. She has the cutest little tomato-shaped head. ::love::