Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   favorite satanic movies? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3198)

buddy 01-15-2004 10:59 AM

favorite satanic movies?

a last bad move inspired topic, cheers. jeez mine are all pretty obvious but anyway:

- exorcist
- omens, even the final conflict
- rosemary's baby
- angel heart (when mr. cipher's eyes turned searing yellow at the end, ahhhh!)
- someone please tell me the absolutely huge one i know i must be forgetting

avenger00soul 01-15-2004 11:03 AM

All of the ones you mentioned are great. I love The Sentinel and the first two Omen films (not that crappy third one as Space Ghost says). And yes, I liked The Devil's Advocate. Spellbinder is also a good, unknown satantic flick.

Anyone seen Devil's Rain.

avenger00soul 01-15-2004 11:24 AM

Also, The Wicker Man is a great film. Not Satanists, but pagans.

buddy 01-15-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by avenger00soul
All of the ones you mentioned are great. I love The Sentinel and the first two Omen films (not that crappy third one as Space Ghost says). And yes, I liked The Devil's Advocate. Spellbinder is also a good, unknown satantic flick.

Anyone seen Devil's Rain.

just looked up the sentinel and it sounds amazing! ever seen 'god told me to'? i think the preacher comic book draws a bit from that at its base

avenger00soul 01-15-2004 12:39 PM

I haven't seen God Told Me To, but it's a Larry Cohen movie and it was just released on DVD. So I may be able to find that one.

And The Sentinel is awesome. The book is great too and allows for a better understanding of the film.

buddy 01-15-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen God Told Me To, but it's a Larry Cohen movie and it was just released on DVD. So I may be able to find that one.

that's the one, you're gonna love it. special cameo by andy kauffman to boot!

Ritualistic 01-15-2004 01:17 PM

The Exorcist is my favorite satan/demon movie. I am a linda blair fan so this one gets my vote. Avenger I have seen the sentinel and yes it is great as well. :-)..I too want to see God told me to. in rue morgue they have 2 page article about larry cohen.. gotta get this DVD... I also like Omen and Amityville Horror.....

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-15-2004 01:35 PM

Kaufman going loco in God Told Me To was strange---not my favorite movie, though, and I really, really don't like Larry Cohen. Anyone associated with a movie about killer ice cream should be smacked around some. Did anyone know that Tarantino based the resteraunt scene in Dogs on the opening of Q?

I saw Devil's Rain. Shatner dies early, always a good sign.

avenger00soul 01-15-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Did anyone know that Tarantino based the resteraunt scene in Dogs on the opening of Q?
I noticed they were very similar. That's too goddamn funny. You're actually giving me more reasons to like Cohen. Haha. Q was alright, and I actually liked Phone Booth alot. I think he redeemed himself for a lot of the shit he did.

Ritualistic 01-15-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

I You're actually giving me more reasons to like Cohen.
Once Cohen fan always a cohen fan, that is what I say.. Cant beat "the stuff" or "It`s Alive"