Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Horror.com - Big Changes, Coming Soon (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49656)

horror 01-24-2009 07:28 AM

Horror.com - Big Changes, Coming Soon

Hi Everyone -

Hope your 2009 is off to a great start! :)

Did you know that 2009 is the 15 anniversary of Horror.com? That's crazy, but true!

Just a quick update to let you all know that some big changes are coming soon to Horror.com. We've been working on this for a long time and we're excited about the news. If all goes well, we are planning to replace the software the runs the main Horror.com site next week. Don't worry, we are not replacing the forum (although we do plan to upgrade vBulletin after the other changes are complete), just the software that manages the articles and other parts of the site.

We have had another version of Horror.com running in BETA for several months so we could test it and fix the bugs, and we think it's ready for the real world. At first, you might not notice any big changes to the site, but the new software has many more options and features that we plan to introduce in the coming months.

So, get ready for a new-and-improved Horror.com very soon!

Also, as far as the recent rash of drive-by spammers, I'm working on that right now as well and hope to have a solution in place before the end of the weekend. It's very hard to stop spammers, but we can try a few things and see if we can slow them down. :)

Take care, everyone, and talk to you soon!

Angra 01-24-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horror (Post 783949)
Hi Everyone -

Hope your 2009 is off to a great start! :)

Did you know that 2009 is the 15 anniversary of Horror.com? That's crazy, but true!

Just a quick update to let you all know that some big changes are coming soon to Horror.com. We've been working on this for a long time and we're excited about the news. If all goes well, we are planning to replace the software the runs the main Horror.com site next week. Don't worry, we are not replacing the forum (although we do plan to upgrade vBulletin after the other changes are complete), just the software that manages the articles and other parts of the site.

We have had another version of Horror.com running in BETA for several months so we could test it and fix the bugs, and we think it's ready for the real world. At first, you might not notice any big changes to the site, but the new software has many more options and features that we plan to introduce in the coming months.

So, get ready for a new-and-improved Horror.com very soon!

Also, as far as the recent rash of drive-by spammers, I'm working on that right now as well and hope to have a solution in place before the end of the weekend. It's very hard to stop spammers, but we can try a few things and see if we can slow them down. :)

Take care, everyone, and talk to you soon!

Hmmm... So let me get this right, Sir.

You're the creator of this magnificent site and it has excisted since 1994.....

And you still haven't come up with your favorite horror movie?

Jesus...... :rolleyes:

:D

horror 01-24-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 783958)
Hmmm... So let me get this right, Sir.

You're the creator of this magnificent site and it has excisted since 1994.....

And you still haven't come up with your favorite horror movie?

Jesus...... :rolleyes:

:D

Actually, there are several of us who are involved in running the site and we didn't create the site. We took it over around 2002-2003 when the original creator of the site decided to retire. But, I'll add my favorite movie right away - just remember, it changes often. :)

zwoti 01-24-2009 08:35 AM

hopefully a few other things will get sorted.

_____V_____ 01-24-2009 08:37 AM

Wonderful news.

Thanks for coming in and addressing a lot of important pending issues, Horror. I am really glad to see you around.

And I am more happy to hear about the upgrades. Hopefully the spammers will stay out and we will have a lot of good traffic going for the site once more.

Thank you, again.

Angra 01-24-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horror (Post 783961)
But, I'll add my favorite movie right away - just remember, it changes often. :)

Awsome.

I don't think many people in here know "Día de la bestia, El", but i'm sure a lot of us is going to look for it now. ;)

Zero 01-24-2009 06:40 PM

i'd like new upholstery and a wet bar please

The Flayed One 01-24-2009 08:36 PM

Is there a possibility we can get a buy/sell/trade forum akin to what DVD Talk has?

newb 01-26-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zwoti (Post 783963)
hopefully a few other things will get sorted.

yeah.....like the fact that I was voted President of HDC, over 2 years ago and I still haven't had my Inauguration. :mad:

fuglystick 01-26-2009 11:03 AM

I wish you could use slightly larger files for avatars--10kb isn't excessive, is it?