Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What comic are you reading at the moment? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30923)

FryeDwight 08-03-2019 01:43 AM

Going some first-second year FANGORIA magazines. Once they settled into the direction that worked, they really had some good issues. Under "Uncle Bob" Martin, there was just such a sense of FUN.

FryeDwight 12-13-2019 02:11 AM

BLAZING COMBAT-Edition of all four Warren Publishing magazines that died at the newsstand in the mid 60's as the stories presented war as an ugly and unhonorable undertaking. A couple of years before the Vietnam protests began, so being ahead of its time led to its being banned and not reaching sales that it should have. Great stories by Archie Goodwin and the awesome Warren Pub artwork, many who also did time with EC.

FryeDwight 12-25-2019 02:36 AM

THE (BEST) WORST OF EERIE PUBLICATIONS-Mike Howlett. Brief history/21 story collection from the audacious ludicrous and outrageously bloody magazines from the last 60's-mid 70's. Good wholesome family fare-of course, this depends on your Family.....::big grin::

FryeDwight 02-02-2020 12:28 AM

Got my MONSTER BASH collection all up to speed by getting those issues in the mail two days ago. Had also ordered two CASTLE OF FRANKENSTEIN back issue, but alas::sad::, someone else got them first!

FryeDwight 05-17-2020 12:57 AM

MAUS-Art Spiegelman. Superlative graphic novel of Art obtaining history from his Father, a Holocaust survivor, who managed to survive and reunite with Art's mother, by a combination of wits and just plain luck. At the same time, the Father is in poor physical health, extremely OCD and no doubt, severe depression,
Very well produced and touching.

Maila Munster 05-17-2020 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1042629)
MAUS-Art Spiegelman. Superlative graphic novel of Art obtaining history from his Father, a Holocaust survivor, who managed to survive and reunite with Art's mother, by a combination of wits and just plain luck. At the same time, the Father is in poor physical health, extremely OCD and no doubt, severe depression,
Very well produced and touching.

Is that the one in which all characters are represented by different animals that metaphorically symbolize their nationalities?
Caught my eye, would love to read it. ::wink::

cheebacheeba 05-17-2020 02:36 PM

That's the one, yeah.
I believe they made a sequel comic too, though I never saw it.
Well done book.

FryeDwight 05-20-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1042644)
That's the one, yeah.
I believe they made a sequel comic too, though I never saw it.
Well done book.

There was a MAUS One and two , which continues the story.
My copy is one edition

Dream Follies 06-14-2020 05:25 AM

Shiver: Junji Ito Selected Stories

FryeDwight 06-30-2020 11:46 PM

MAD ABOUT THE SEVENTIES-MAD Magazine. Started reading MAD around Autumn of 1973 up to the early 80's enjoying its irreverence and great artwork. Lots of old memories in this compilation and even a mention of the "Finger" issue cover (with a picture) that offended many people, my Mom included::big grin::.