Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prequal to Nightmare on Elm Street (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3385)

Jason Hodder 01-20-2004 08:38 AM

Prequal to Nightmare on Elm Street

I remember hearing Robert England in an interview one time say he would like to do this. Have it before Freddy got burnt. My question is does anyone think it would work? I know I would love to see this happen.

Digital Murders 01-20-2004 09:13 AM

I dunno.

I heard him mention this on the Freddy vs Jason DVD.

It sounds like something that would be on The Lifetime channel for women. I wouldn't see it has a horror really. I mean, a guy murdering children, kind of....erm...old. Recycled if you will.

avenger00soul 01-20-2004 09:15 AM

I can agree with Digital on that. I also think that all of the fans know the story so damn well that they would have to put some good surprises in there. It would have to be more than a conventional serial killer flick. We've seen too many of them lately.

bloodygurl02 01-20-2004 06:34 PM

i think if they add more to what we already know about how he became freddy then it might work but most of us know the child murder, boiler room killing freddy already. so there wouldn't be much for them to add or at least i don't think there would be. but the possibilty of it working is prob 50/50

mudsliptones 01-21-2004 12:51 AM

it COULD work

but indeed, we know the mùain plotline already, what he does, what he looks like, how he dies

if they add new stuff it could come out as a good thriller maybe, but no horror
most fans would find it lame, since they are used to the cool things freddy does in the dreams

Arioch 01-21-2004 01:57 AM

give it a silence of the lambs feal and im alllllll about it:D

bloodygurl02 01-21-2004 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arioch
give it a silence of the lambs feal and im alllllll about it:D
that would b a kool idea. silence of the lambs owns:D lol

Sick_As_Fuck 01-22-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Digital Murders
I dunno.

I heard him mention this on the Freddy vs Jason DVD.

It sounds like something that would be on The Lifetime channel for women. I wouldn't see it has a horror really. I mean, a guy murdering children, kind of....erm...old. Recycled if you will.

Well, I mean, the idea was from 25 years ago.

deckard66 01-26-2004 05:28 PM

I dunno but this is just my opinion!
i think that it would b reallyl cool and they oculd make it crazy suspenseful and really terrrifying! In Fredy vs. Jason when u saw freddy back in the day i found him really really freaky! i think that it could almost change everyones opinion on him because its so much more real when he's still human u know! its like wow this guy really is evil! hes not just that killer in our dreams who always cracks jokes before he kills us!
thats jsut my opinion tho! ;)
thanx for listening

otis 01-26-2004 05:59 PM

have ya'll never seen Freddy's Dead. It shows him alot when he isn't freddy. I think it would work.