Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Most Anticipated Horror Movie of 2017 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67887)

horcrux2007 01-05-2017 07:03 AM

Most Anticipated Horror Movie of 2017

There's a ton of horror movies slated to come out in 2017, so which one are you looking forward to the most?

hammerfan 01-05-2017 07:33 AM

I'll have to go look at the list, but, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is "The Bye Bye Man". I'm hoping to see it next Friday when it comes out.

Here's the rest of my choices:

Amityville: The Awakening
Rings
Insidious: Chapter 4
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Split
Alien: Covenant
It

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-05-2017 08:10 AM

Circus of the Dead, promised release..soon..::love:: Hurry!

American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon

A Cure for Wellness

Leatherface

It

horcrux2007 01-05-2017 08:29 AM

Sorry it took me so long to post the poll. It's up now.

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-05-2017 11:57 AM

Oh I forgot about Split, yeah. I wanna see that....and Raw

The_Return 01-05-2017 06:16 PM

I voted for Raw - friends of mine caught one of the festival screenings this summer that had people passing out, really excited to see if it lives up to the hype.

Also looking forward to a proper wide release for The Girl With All The Gifts.

Split looks interesting...thought The Visit was a real return to form for Shyamalan, and MacAvoy is one of my favourite actors. Even if it's garbage it'll be great to watch him chew the scenery, looks like a wild performance.

The new It could be good, but I'm having trouble looking past what could have been - Ben Mendelsohn as Pennywise? Cary Fukunaga directing?! In the alternate dimension where that movie actually happened it would be at the top of my list. As it stands, I'm just don't care as much as I'd like to.

horcrux2007 01-05-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 1023164)
I voted for Raw - friends of mine caught one of the festival screenings this summer that had people passing out, really excited to see if it lives up to the hype.

Also looking forward to a proper wide release for The Girl With All The Gifts.

Split looks interesting...thought The Visit was a real return to form for Shyamalan, and MacAvoy is one of my favourite actors. Even if it's garbage it'll be great to watch him chew the scenery, looks like a wild performance.

The new It could be good, but I'm having trouble looking past what could have been - Ben Mendelsohn as Pennywise? Cary Fukunaga directing?! In the alternate dimension where that movie actually happened it would be at the top of my list. As it stands, I'm just don't care as much as I'd like to.

I think It would benefit from a remake. The original is a classic, but it's one of those that's a classic despite all of its glaring flaws.

The_Return 01-05-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 1023166)
I think It would benefit from a remake. The original is a classic, but it's one of those that's a classic despite all of its glaring flaws.

Oh, I completely agree. The original has its moments of course, but aside from Tim Curry it's kind of a mess. I'm just concerned that this new version is going to be another glossy, cookie-cutter Hollywood horror flick like the director's last movie (Mama). I'm totally in favour of a remake, but I was way more interested when it was being made by the guy behind the first season of True Detective. To be honest I'm not familiar with the kid they cast as Pennywise, but at one point Ben Mendelsohn (Bloodline, Rogue One, etc) was the first choice, which would have been goddamn perfect.

We'll see how it turns out, but Mama wasn't anything special I can see this heading the same direction.

horcrux2007 01-06-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 1023167)
Oh, I completely agree. The original has its moments of course, but aside from Tim Curry it's kind of a mess. I'm just concerned that this new version is going to be another glossy, cookie-cutter Hollywood horror flick like the director's last movie (Mama). I'm totally in favour of a remake, but I was way more interested when it was being made by the guy behind the first season of True Detective. To be honest I'm not familiar with the kid they cast as Pennywise, but at one point Ben Mendelsohn (Bloodline, Rogue One, etc) was the first choice, which would have been goddamn perfect.

We'll see how it turns out, but Mama wasn't anything special I can see this heading the same direction.

I actually liked Mama lol

The Villain 01-07-2017 06:28 PM

The Bye Bye Man although im really worried itll end up cliched. A cure for wellness looks good as well