Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What Can I expect from... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2792)

orangestar 01-03-2004 02:06 PM

What Can I expect from...

I just rented/bought movies that I have heard called "disturbing, disgusting and scary as hell" and I just want to know what all of you thought of them.

I bought I Spit on your Grave without ever seeing it (it was 15.99 at Suncoast, how could I resist?)

and I rented Silence of the Lambs because I loved Red Dragon soooo much.

Sam The Egg 01-03-2004 03:21 PM

I Spit On Your Grave is one of the worst of the revenge horror movies. Watch some early (EARLY) Wes Craven stuff or even Mother's Day instead. Too late though, might as well watch it.

Silence of the Lambs is good

mictlan 01-03-2004 03:54 PM

"i spit on your grave" makes me cringe. great film but i only needed to see it once.

LegionFilms 01-03-2004 04:25 PM

SotL is pretty good

bloodygurl02 01-03-2004 08:59 PM

haven't seen red dragon yet but silence of the lambs and hannibal r good. but out of the 2 i say silence of the lambs is the best. it scared the shit out me when i 1st saw it at age 8

SoUl SuRvIvOrS 01-03-2004 09:22 PM

didnt care for "I Spit On your Grave"...not a movie that struck alot of interest with me..but who knows you might like it?... SOTL fucking awesome...I must admit I own SOTL, Hannibal, and Red Dragon...I have to own the whole little collection...I laughed alot through some parts but most would say I have a strange sence of humor...You might enjoy them..not really scary though...I cant say I could rate them high on a gore scale...but you judge:) ;)

Ritualistic 01-04-2004 11:49 AM

I spit on your grave and Silence of the Lambs are both good movies to me.... people who dont really like exploitation or rape films will not like I spit on your Grave, so let us know what you think of them...

Aasiyan 01-04-2004 02:35 PM

I never watched I Spit on Your Grave, but I did watch Silence of the Lambs. It's a good movie.

Sam The Egg 01-04-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

people who dont really like exploitation or rape films will not like I spit on your Grave
I love revenge horror. I'll back up Last House on the Left to no end, same with THHE to a lesser extent. Hell, I'll even watch Mother's Day every now and again, especially since the DVD apparently has commentary. But I Spit On Your Grave is a shitty movie.

Ritualistic 01-05-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I love revenge horror. I'll back up Last House on the Left to no end, same with THHE to a lesser extent. Hell, I'll even watch Mother's Day every now and again, especially since the DVD apparently has commentary. But I Spit On Your Grave is a shitty movie.
the dick cutting scene was hilarious .. just enough for me to like it...