Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Games (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Scariest video game moments... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26989)

ecnal1983 01-03-2007 10:14 PM

Scariest video game moments...

Found a pretty good list of scary video game moments ...

Mario Is Fat Top 10 Scariest Game Moments

Freak 01-03-2007 10:39 PM

Some pretty good stuff on there.I've played just about all the games that aren't on PC.Wish I could of played that clive Barker game though,sounds pretty sweet.

ecnal1983 01-03-2007 11:34 PM

Yeah I was in the same place, then read the article and tried it. Really good game, it's too bad nobody knew about it.

I couldn't agree more about Eternal Darkness bathtub tho :eek:

ecnal1983 01-04-2007 12:34 AM

Yeah I'd suggest both the Silent Hill and Fatal Frame series.

that list is a good starting point

virose_pt 01-04-2007 01:00 AM

I stopped playing Fatal Frame on the xbox because it gives me the creeps... And I´m 33! :D :rolleyes:

Jacob Singer 01-04-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omcdave (Post 528782)
are there any good games for ps2 that are based on asian horror ?

And you could also try the Forbidden Siren saga .......hum wait you'd said good games, just play the Fatal frame saga (special mention for the last one ...... beware at the apartment)

The_Return 01-04-2007 06:40 AM

Im not really a big gamer...the only one on there that Ive played is Eternal Darkness, and I didnt even get that far:o. Cool game though, what I played of it.

VampiricClown 01-04-2007 07:29 AM

I've only played:

Clive Barkers: Undying
Silent Hill 4
Eternal Darkness
Fatal Frame 2

Undying is a rather creepy game to me for some reason. Usually shooters aren't to me, but that one is.

Silent hill 4 is just....Ugh, spooky to put it lightly.

Eternal Darkness never really bothered me that bad. Awesome game though.

Fatal Frame...*Shudders* I have the second one, but I'm scared of it. I play it a little at a time. lol

The Mothman 01-04-2007 09:08 AM

Clive Barker's Undying was such an amazing game. i have no idea how it fell under the radar.

Im suprised Doom 3 wasnt on the list. That was the only game that ever managed to scare me.

Despare 01-04-2007 11:18 AM

You see, below is what they said was the scariest moment in Resident Evil... they're wrong. You walk down the hallway on the opposite side of the kitchen for the first time, minding your own business, and that damn dog comes bursting through the window. That was one of the few times I jumped playing a videogame, although I'm surprised there's no love for System Shock there.

"Resident Evil is probably the most famous name in the genre for a good reason. It was capable of reinventing the zombie movie within a video game. The first time you walk into the hallway and follow a noise it cuts to that infamous scene where you meet the first living corpse. As he groans the camera pans backwards to time perfectly with him turning his head around to reveal his grotesque state. Although looking back on it now, it almost seems as if he’s saying “oh I’m sorry, did you want some?”."