Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why is it hard to find asian horror? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69363)

BobTheWriter 07-13-2020 10:39 AM

Why is it hard to find asian horror?

Why are asian horror films so uncommon on many platforms, such as Netflix? The other day, I wanted to show my girlfriend the films Ju-on, Audition and A Tale Of Two Sisters. None of these were on any platforms we had access to. I found it strange, seeing as those movies were major hits, so it can't be popularity.

Aside from illegal downloads (which I have chosen not to engage in), what are some places where we can watch asian horror? Am I just incompetent at this stuff? Help me out!

Tommy Jarvis 07-13-2020 11:06 AM

Interesting. When I recently scrolled down my Netflix-horror, I found among other a selection of Asian horror. I just checked and I got a selection with Sout-east Asian films and Indonesian films. Maybe It all depends on what you have watched too.

That said, I recognize that this is an old problem. It seems you need to log in/subscribe everywhere in order to be well covered. That would probably turn out to be more expensive than regular old cable and that can hardly be the goal either.

TaeKwonZombie 11-04-2020 11:20 PM

cuz they are not american films haha, same goes for italian horror, theyre not gonna be as common as american films

Flesh on Bone 02-06-2021 12:45 PM

You want to look for anthologies. I thought I dried up on movies, but if you hop on Amazon, you should have many hours of short films. I personally really enjoy and prefer these. For instance: Hitokawa 1,2, and 3. Horror High School is gnarly. Kidan: Piece of Darkness, I didn't watch this a year ago when I was on my first run through everything there because I assumed it was going to be trash, but just watched it a few days ago and it was excellent. Due to the small budgets and the plot brevity, I feel I'm pretty happy with most of the short movies I've seen. For feature films, I feel they either bomb it by the end, or there just simply aren't enough of them. There are a few feature films that are amazing, but I feel like nothing great has come out recently. I actually want to compose a list of all the JP horror shorts I've seen, because I lost count.

AminParker 06-09-2021 04:05 AM

I love Asian horror movies but they are hard to find

Angra 06-09-2021 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AminParker (Post 1048251)
I love Asian horror movies but they are hard to find

I disagree. It's hard to find GOOD asian horror movies that has come out after 2010.

ImmortalSlasher 06-10-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1048255)
I disagree. It's hard to find GOOD asian horror movies that has come out after 2010.

I just put a bunch on my list. A few came from that Found Footage topic here.

MarcoAmara 09-16-2021 10:18 AM

Have you tried I saw the devil
I look for recommendations by google search.They are cool Asian horror.