Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Nosferatu The Vampyre (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68713)

Sculpt 10-14-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1034172)
Oh wait her name was Mina not Nina lol my bad. ::big grin::

I always wondered why Dracula only chose to turn women into vampires? He must have been a real pimp. ::big grin::

In fact I think the term "Brides of Dracula" was only invented by the 1932 movie because in the book they didn't have any names and their relationship with Count Dracula was never made clear. They were just female vamps who lived in his castle and were most likely transformed by Dracula in the same manner Lucy was.

Did they use the phrase,"Brides of Dracula" in the 1932 film? Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. Shame on Drac for polygamy, amIright?

LuvablePsycho 10-14-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1034183)
Did they use the phrase,"Brides of Dracula" in the 1932 film? Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. Shame on Drac for polygamy, amIright?

Lol yeah like where does he think he's living, Saudi Arabia? ::big grin::

Not that I see anything wrong with polygamy or Saudi Arabia of course. ::smile::

And I never actually watched the 1932 movie but I just assumed they got their name from that movie but maybe I'm wrong? I wonder who came up with the name "brides of dracula"? They were never actually called that in the novel. ::confused::

Sculpt 10-14-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1034185)
Lol yeah like where does he think he's living, Saudi Arabia? ::big grin::

Not that I see anything wrong with polygamy or Saudi Arabia of course. ::smile::

And I never actually watched the 1932 movie but I just assumed they got their name from that movie but maybe I'm wrong? I wonder who came up with the name "brides of dracula"? They were never actually called that in the novel. ::confused::

Oh, I got ya. Probably the only reference to brides of Drac are in the movie Brides of Dracula, the Utah Years.

LuvablePsycho 10-14-2018 05:30 PM

Poor Count Orlock had no pretty vampire brides I guess because he wasn't as good-looking as Count Dracula. ::sad::

LuvablePsycho 10-15-2018 08:31 AM

Speaking of "Lucy", in the novel I felt that she was a tragic character. She was a beautiful young woman who had three men competing for her love (a psychiatrist named John, an American cowboy named Quincy, and a lord named Arthur).

When Dracula killed her and turned her into a vampire the three men who each loved her had to team up with Johnathan Harker and Van Helsing to hunt her down and kill her (again) in order to free her from her vampire existence.

It was sad. ::sad::

Morningriser 10-15-2018 08:38 AM

Has anyone seen shadow of the vampire? Does it make me a bad person to admit I liked that more than Nosferatu?

LuvablePsycho 10-15-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1034202)
Has anyone seen shadow of the vampire? Does it make me a bad person to admit I liked that more than Nosferatu?

Never heard of it. ::confused::

Morningriser 10-15-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1034203)
Never heard of it. ::confused::

It's a fictional take on the making of Nosferatu.

LuvablePsycho 10-15-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1034205)
It's a fictional take on the making of Nosferatu.

Oh ok. Cool. ::smile::

Sculpt 10-15-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1034202)

*GASP*

What a horrible thing to say! ::big grin::

I loved the concept of Shadow of the Vampire so much that I came in with lots of expectations! Unfortunately for me, it didn't meet them. I didn't really like Shadow, but I probably ruined it for myself. What happened in the story is about what I thought would happen, but how it was done wasn't my cup of tea.

I get it though, most of the silent film formats are harder to get into... the text frames, the over acting, and freeze in place poses.