Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   True Crime (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Autopsies (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1816)

coldwhisper 12-07-2003 09:52 PM

Autopsies

Ok, this is a bit off topic..

i'm a medstudent intern and you would believe what people have in their bodies.

some actually have intrauterine devices in them that was about 5 years old... (you know because the adjacent tissue is already fibrotic)

....and you can't imagine how many people get shot everynight? how do people manage to get shot at 2am anyway???

BUT THE WEIRDEST THING WAS FINDING A KNIFE INSIDE A PATIENT'S ABODOMEN... WHAT'S PECULIAR ABOUT THAT YOU MIGHT ASK.... THE PATIENT WAS NOT STABBED! THERE WERE NO SCARS EITHER... WONER HOW IT GOT THERE...

just sharing.

bloodrayne 12-07-2003 10:29 PM

Re: Autopsies

Quote:

Originally posted by coldwhisper
Ok, this is a bit off topic..

i'm a medstudent intern and you would believe what people have in their bodies.

some actually have intrauterine devices in them that was about 5 years old... (you know because the adjacent tissue is already fibrotic)

....and you can't imagine how many people get shot everynight? how do people manage to get shot at 2am anyway???

BUT THE WEIRDEST THING WAS FINDING A KNIFE INSIDE A PATIENT'S ABODOMEN... WHAT'S PECULIAR ABOUT THAT YOU MIGHT ASK.... THE PATIENT WAS NOT STABBED! THERE WERE NO SCARS EITHER... WONER HOW IT GOT THERE...

just sharing.

Maybe your "client" was the child of a sword swallower? Other than that, I can only think of 2 ways in that don't leave scars...:eek: :D

SoUl SuRvIvOrS 12-07-2003 10:34 PM

was there internal scar tissue surrounding the knive and any above that might lead you to believe it was swallowed?
I've found a matchbox car and watches inside of people before quite suprising I must say... how long were they truely there? I think the only thing I have ever swallowed that was out of the ordinary was magn. strips from the chem. lab..heheheh:D

mudsliptones 12-08-2003 03:22 AM

cool job you got there

coldwhisper 12-08-2003 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
was there internal scar tissue surrounding the knive and any above that might lead you to believe it was swallowed?

The was some fibrosis surrounding the knife.. that just tells us that its been there for awhile. funny how the patient died of another cause other than the knife.

hmmmmm curious, very curious

coldwhisper 12-08-2003 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mudsliptones
cool job you got there
if you should know, i HATE IT!!! its the smell that gets me plus the fact that nobody ever comes to the morgue to talk to you... it gets kinda lonely....you cant go up coz you smell like death..

i'm waiting fo the day when we get rotated.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS 12-08-2003 11:33 PM

What you dont like the smell..heheheh..no visitors to the morgue either damn ..sometimes I think the door is revolving. I think sometimes I feel like I have a scalpal permenatly attached to my hand. Erie...yes I think so...Sorry you dont like your current rotation..you might wanna seek another line of work it only gets worse if thats the field you plan on following...Just a thought..Im not trying to be a smart ass about it or anything..just some are cut out for it and some arent...Its better to find out these things early on.

coldwhisper 12-09-2003 12:48 AM

Don't get me wrong... I WANNA BE A DOCTOR but not a pathologist.. Its a prerequisite.. everyone has to go through the same thing. I think its goona be better though, im on pediatrics next!!! nothing but little angels.

mudsliptones 12-09-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

if you should know, i HATE IT!!! its the smell that gets me plus the fact that nobody ever comes to the morgue to talk to you... it gets kinda lonely....you cant go up coz you smell like death..

i'm waiting fo the day when we get rotated.

I would love it
I love lonely jobs
like those security guards and shit, sitting at a desk at night, just looking around, doing a walk, then just catch up on reading and stuff

bloodrayne 12-10-2003 10:23 AM

Quote:

Don't get me wrong... I WANNA BE A DOCTOR but not a pathologist.. Its a prerequisite.. everyone has to go through the same thing. I think its goona be better though, im on pediatrics next!!! nothing but little angels.
You obviously haven't spent much time with very many "little angels"...You may end up pining for your former wards!!! LOL :D