Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

horcrux2007 01-12-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 986037)
I honestly don't understand how The Lego Movie could have possibly lost. Wow. That makes me angry. It's the clear winner in the group. And, honest, Big Hero 6 was much MUCH better than How to Train your Dragon 2 (I was so disappointed in this one).

The panel will always go for the more dramatic movie because that's the only thing they like. That's why I think 12 Years A Slave won over Gravity last year. I know not many people here liked it, but I was completely taken away by the movie.

MichaelMyers 01-12-2015 05:56 PM

I wonder if a horror film will ever get another best picture nomination. Has the genre become low-brow again? I remember Silence of the Lambs won it when it was released.

tfantasy 01-12-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raegan (Post 985967)
Whoever signed up as True Companion has been sleazing around here for a few days (without posting) and after creeping on my profile decided to email me this:

Raegan,

Pleased to meet you.

In your profile you wrote: "I hate Eli Roth." In addition to hating Eli Roth do "you hate wickedness"? -Psalm 45:7.

Thanks,
Glen

Not sure if anyone else has received any emails just FYI

I received a private message with some bible verse and I just deleted it. I hate that shit. ::mad::

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 986019)
I'm really disappointed with the golden globes... nothing terribly interesting was nominated, and some of the winners were complete bullshit. How to Train Your Dragon 2 was the most bullshit winner I've seen in any sort of awards show, and The Lego Movie was robbed. Interstellar should have won for Best Original Score, and the fact that Annie was nominated for anything just goes to show how "seriously" we should take this.

I stopped watching the award shows many, many years ago because I never agree with them most of the time. They started becoming bullshit a very long time ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 986044)
The panel will always go for the more dramatic movie because that's the only thing they like. That's why I think 12 Years A Slave won over Gravity last year. I know not many people here liked it, but I was completely taken away by the movie.

Gravity was a horrible movie. I was soo bored and it was just senseless. IMO, the film was a complete waste of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 986047)
I wonder if a horror film will ever get another best picture nomination. Has the genre become low-brow again? I remember Silence of the Lambs won it when it was released.

I agree! It doesn't make sense because there have been some really great thriller/horror movies out there!!

horcrux2007 01-12-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfantasy (Post 986049)
Gravity was a horrible movie. I was soo bored and it was just senseless. IMO, the film was a complete waste of time.

I figured since a lot of people here don't like movies without gore ::roll eyes::

Dead Bad Things 01-12-2015 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

horcrux2007 01-12-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

It would have to be really something special for that to happen... I hope it does happen again in the future.

Angra 01-12-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Not even Let the Right One In(swedish version) won and that was the best movie to come out that year. Period. Imho ::mad::

Dead Bad Things 01-12-2015 08:56 PM

Horror don't need no awards. That stuff's just marketing anyway. The horror genere is already mainstream enough as it is.

horcrux2007 01-13-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things (Post 986063)
Horror don't need no awards. That stuff's just marketing anyway. The horror genere is already mainstream enough as it is.

Not really.... horror has kind of a niche audience.

horcrux2007 01-13-2015 06:06 AM

I have a few movies I need to rewatch since the last time I watched them, I was more focused on if they scared me, and now I kinda don't care if it scares me or not.