Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Evil Dead Cabin Vacation Rental? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69001)

Cine Tredici 09-06-2019 06:42 AM

Evil Dead Cabin Vacation Rental?

Hello to all!

I was recently vacationing with my family and I stumbled across an old cabin for sale by owner surrounded by thousands of acres of mountains and woods. I called the number and the owner agreed to meet me at the cabin so I could take a look at it.

When I pulled down the old gated dirt driveway I was shocked to see a cabin that looked almost identical to the cabin from The Evil Dead. Now maybe I'm a little biased because of my affinity for horror movies, but that was all I could think about as we took a look at it. It's a neat log cabin nonetheless, a woodstove/fireplace, 3 beds/bedrooms, electric, no running water, outhouse, etc. Unfortunately no old book or tape recorder.

I am very interested in purchasing this cabin for personal use for my family and I, but I am not sure whether it would be worth it to own a cabin that I would really only make use of 15-20 times a year. Then I had the thought of renting it out on weekends/weeks throughout the spring/summer/fall. But I don't really like the idea of being the manager of a rental vacation property for total strangers either. But from my experience with fellow horror movie people, they don't feel like total strangers.

My question is this; would a Evil Dead Cabin vacation rental be something that would interest anyone here? I would prepare the cabin in the most Evil Dead manner I could, get a Necronomicon and an old tape recorder with pre-recorded incantations, decorate the cabin as closely to the movie as possible, come up with additional awesome things to help fit the mood too (fog machine, outdoor speakers, I don't know). It would be part haunted attraction (kinda) part actual vacation cabin. From a traditional vacation standpoint, the cabin is 300 yards away from a State Park with a huge recreational lake (swiming, boating, fishing) and tons of hiking trails, and its a real beautiful location. PLUS it is almost completely cut-off, no internet, no cell phone service, no phone lines. This would be a mid-atlantic/east coast cabin.

I'm not looking for bookings or anything I am trying to gauge interest in something like this.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

hammerfan 09-06-2019 07:13 AM

I think most horror fans, Evil Dead fans in particular, would be interested in this

Bloof 09-06-2019 07:32 AM

Might take a bit to catch on but I could see it.

Cine Tredici 09-06-2019 11:06 AM

Do you think that not having running water could be a deal breaker for some? Do you think that something like this would be the kind of attraction that people would want to visit but not necessarily want to spend the night at?

I currently run a campground near Burkittsville MD and every once and awhile we get "blair witch" hunters here, but not as many as you would think. I realize The Evil Dead is a significantly more iconic movie than BW though.

Bloof 09-06-2019 12:53 PM

Alot of ed fans are probably on the mature side. We like our creature comforts lol. Off the gridders would like that.

hammerfan 09-09-2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1039489)
Alot of ed fans are probably on the mature side. We like our creature comforts lol. Off the gridders would like that.

^^^^^This right here

ImmortalSlasher 09-10-2019 11:10 PM

Any pictures of the place?

Burning Skeleton 10-09-2019 09:14 AM

Evil dead cabin getaway???
Fucking A
Perfect for my honeymoon

anglewitch 10-09-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Skeleton (Post 1039907)
Evil dead cabin getaway???
Fucking A
Perfect for my honeymoon

Uh dude, didn't you watch the movie? The guy's girlfriend turned into a goulfriend

MrTorch 01-24-2020 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1039913)
Uh dude, didn't you watch the movie? The guy's girlfriend turned into a goulfriend

Maybe that's the point.