Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Worst Movie You Saw in 2013 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64036)

urgeok2 12-17-2013 03:32 AM

The Worst Movie You Saw in 2013

I generally try to be positive about anything shell out $$$ for .. but one movie stood out as the biggest pieces of fecal-cake I've seen in 2013 let alone since 2000 - and that was : The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones.

Pains me to say this, it shot in Toronto and i know the FX guy and another friend had a roll in it - but great googly-moogly it was a flaming turd.

most of the fault lay in the source material ... it was nothing more than a cheap rip off of Harry Potter + Twilight + Star Wars.

awful.

Ferox13 12-17-2013 04:48 AM

HATE CRIME - awful, found footage Home Invasion film. It managed to be offense and tame at the same time.

The Villain 12-17-2013 07:19 AM

I'm sure there's more I can think of but right now what comes to mind is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

urgeok2 12-17-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 961633)
I'm sure there's more I can think of but right now what comes to mind is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

I had all kinds of fun with this one - enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.

Elvis_Christ 12-17-2013 08:10 AM

Argento's Dracula flick was a shocker. Thought The Family was average too. I really hate seeing actors like De Niro phoning it in... not completely awful but it had just been done before and was a little tired for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 961633)

I thought that one along with R.I.P.D were two of the better horror comedies of the year.

The Villain 12-17-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 961637)
I had all kinds of fun with this one - enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.

I'm sure if I really thought about it I could cone up with another but I remember it being boring and stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 96164)
I thought that one along with R.I.P.D were two of the better horror comedies of the year.

Well if you think about it that way ::big grin::

urgeok2 12-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 961642)
Argento's Dracula flick was a shocker. Thought The Family was average too. I really hate seeing actors like De Niro phoning it in... not completely awful but it had just been done before and was a little tired for me.

RIPD really surprised me - I thought it was going to be a paint by numbers men in black rip off but it ended up being a lot better

Tahrgat 12-17-2013 10:27 AM

Hands down the worst movie I saw this year was Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead. I mentioned how bad this was in another thread, but this thread seems far more appropriate. This film is so bad that it is the kinda bad you can't simply forget. I am amazed that netflix picked this sort of trash up. I know that they have many a bad film, but this really takes the frosted fecal matter cake.

Kandarian Demon 12-17-2013 01:01 PM

It was so bad that I don't even remember what it was called!

The Villain 12-17-2013 01:13 PM

Thought of some more:

Gangster Squad
Iron Man 3
The Purge