Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The new Nightmare on Elm Street remake (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34857)

_____V_____ 07-23-2008 08:06 AM

The new Nightmare on Elm Street remake

July 23, 2008

Cinemagoers are set to experience an entirely new Nightmare on Elm Street, with Warner Bros. today hiring a scribe to pen a remake of the horror classic.

Wesley Strick, who knows a thing or two about scares having written Arachnophobia, Cape Fear and Wolf in the early 1990s, has been charged with the task of re-imagining the scare-fest for a new generation.

According to Variety, Strick's re-boot will retain the original's high school setting, but delve deeper into the psychology of the razor-gloved serial killer Freddy Krueger.

Warner hopes to have the film in cinemas in 2009, to coincide with the original's 25th anniversary.

massacre man 07-23-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 716276)
July 23, 2008

Cinemagoers are set to experience an entirely new Nightmare on Elm Street, with Warner Bros. today hiring a scribe to pen a remake of the horror classic.

Wesley Strick, who knows a thing or two about scares having written Arachnophobia, Cape Fear and Wolf in the early 1990s, has been charged with the task of re-imagining the scare-fest for a new generation.

According to Variety, Strick's re-boot will retain the original's high school setting, but delve deeper into the psychology of the razor-gloved serial killer Freddy Krueger.

Warner hopes to have the film in cinemas in 2009, to coincide with the original's 25th anniversary.

Damn it. :(

_____V_____ 07-23-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massacre man (Post 716299)
Damn it. :(

What did you expect?

Zombie's Halloween intro is bound to influence similar-themed remakes. :rolleyes:

neverending 07-23-2008 10:00 AM

Freddy Krueger has a psychology?

massacre man 07-23-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 716300)
Zombie's Halloween intro is bound to influence similar-themed remakes. :rolleyes:

But Halloween never dived into his psychology. He was evil from the moment God of Thunder started playing. His family just happened to be a bunch of mean assholes.

neverending 07-23-2008 10:07 AM

It seems the wrong way to go, to me. Krueger is an undead demon ghost supernatural being thing that can get in your dreams. To show a backstory for him will serve to "humanize" him- but do you want a humanized nightmare?

ferretchucker 07-23-2008 10:10 AM

If they do it right I think this will be great, because I've always wanted to see more of Freddy when he's human. But I don't really want him to have a reason for being evil. I just hope they show him when he was a human more.

massacre man 07-23-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 716308)
If they do it right I think this will be great,

Isn't that the case for every movie?

The_Return 07-23-2008 10:36 AM

Well, thats the big three finished...what slasher will they shit on next?

massacre man 07-23-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 716318)
Well, thats the big three finished...what slasher will they shit on next?

Did you mean Michael, Freddy, and Jason or Michael, Freddy, and Leatherface? Or did you miss one?

Anywho, The Child's Play remake is up next.