Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Contributor's Corner (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Asking for info... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6147)

elveziosciallis 05-25-2004 11:01 PM

Asking for info...

Hi there,

and please do excuse my english, i'm italian and a bit rusty with foreign language...

I really don't know if this is the right place to ask but i'll try anyway.

I contribute to an italian horror website and a fanzine on paper. I was wonderin' if i can have permission to translate some of your news and interviews, obviously i would always tell the source and author of those documents, but we cannot pay any copyrights because we are a no-profit thing...

... Any answer will be greatly appreciated and let me say that this one is really a number one horror site, i rarely see such deepnes in discussion and articles, thanks to all of you for all the great work!

Elvezio

last bad move 05-25-2004 11:03 PM

Re: Asking for info...

Quote:

Originally posted by elveziosciallis
Hi there,

and please do excuse my english, i'm italian and a bit rusty with foreign language...

I contribute to an italian horror website and a fanzine on paper. I was wonderin' if i can have permission to translate some of your news and interviews, obviously i would always tell the source and author of those documents, but we cannot pay any copyrights because we are a no-profit thing...

... Any answer will be greatly appreciated and let me say that this one is really a number one horror site, i rarely see such deepnes in discussion and articles, thanks to all of you for all the great work!

Elvezio

i think you will have better luck pming the admin here his name is horror, because i dont think he checks the forum to much

zwoti 06-18-2004 02:39 PM

Re: Asking for info...

Quote:

Hi there,

Elvezio

seen any good giallo

bloodrayne 06-20-2004 11:03 AM

Re: Re: Asking for info...

Quote:

Originally posted by zwoti
seen any good giallo
I prefer cherry with pineapples in it, myself :D

elveziosciallis 06-20-2004 11:32 AM

:p
The funny thing is that here in Italy with the word "giallo" (that means "yellow") usually we intend the normal "whodunit" movie.. And to say giallo movie we use foreign words such as noir or thriller instead of our own word.....

zwoti 06-20-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

:p
The funny thing is that here in Italy with the word "giallo" (that means "yellow") usually we intend the normal "whodunit" movie.. And to say giallo movie we use foreign words such as noir or thriller instead of our own word.....

any good italian films you could recommend ?

elveziosciallis 06-20-2004 12:34 PM

Not in these years... You have to go back a while to find some good horror italian movie.

I'm afraid that while France, England and Spain continued to shoot some good movies we drop dead after the failures of the last 2 or 3 films by Dario Argento...

zwoti 06-20-2004 12:42 PM

lamberto bava made a couple of good films but a lot of stinkers, the brightest star was michele soavi. good to see that he's back making films

elveziosciallis 06-20-2004 01:42 PM

Right.

But here in Italy the real problem is with the producer.
It is very, very hard to find money and people that can trust an horror project. Many director went finally to work on tv movie and serie just to make a living.

Still, the best era for italian horror/suspence movie has passed many years ago, along with the first movies of Argento and those of Mario Bava, Lucio Fulci and such...

Hope there will be a renaissance but it's hard to believe...

ShankS 06-20-2004 04:36 PM

Rome is teh r0x0r

I like Tivoly