Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is Scream 2 better than Scream? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68585)

Masonthebadboy 05-31-2018 05:12 PM

Is Scream 2 better than Scream?

Is Scream 2 better than Scream?

The Villain 05-31-2018 06:06 PM

In my opinion no, but it's not a bad sequel especially since it plays upon the common tropes of a sequel

ImmortalSlasher 06-05-2018 10:22 PM

No. I've watched it a few times and it just isn't as fun as the original. The only Scream movies I'll ever own are the original and Part 4.

LuvablePsycho 07-13-2018 06:13 AM

I didn't really like any of the Scream movies, but I loved when the Wayans brothers did a parody of it along with I Know What You Did Last Summer in Scary Movie.

Combining two typical slasher films from the 90's and making fun of all the cliches that go along with it. ::big grin::

Morningriser 07-13-2018 09:31 AM

No, I felt the strongest scene was the opening which failed in comparison to the original's opening. I feel like all the Scream sequels are carbon copies of the original.

LuvablePsycho 07-13-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032163)
No, I felt the strongest scene was the opening which failed in comparison to the original's opening. I feel like all the Scream sequels are carbon copies of the original.

I pretty much feel that way about all slasher sequels. They're all copycats of the originals one way or another.

Morningriser 07-13-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032164)
I pretty much feel that way about all slasher sequels. They're all copycats of the originals one way or another.

That's true but I just felt like there was too much repetitive shit like Dewey getting stabbed in the back and surviving it twice (he should have died the 2nd time) and the 2killer thing and so on. Truth be told, I always found the series to be overrated, but I am just picky.

LuvablePsycho 07-13-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032166)
That's true but I just felt like there was too much repetitive shit like Dewey getting stabbed in the back and surviving it twice (he should have died the 2nd time) and the 2killer thing and so on. Truth be told, I always found the series to be overrated, but I am just picky.

Dont feel bad, I think it's overrated too and I too am very picky about movies. ::wink::

Morningriser 07-13-2018 03:02 PM

It's like the Saw series, I love the first film. It was innovative and had an amazing ending, but every sequel takes more and more away from the original and offers nothing new to fans, much like Scream.

LuvablePsycho 07-18-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032169)
It's like the Saw series, I love the first film. It was innovative and had an amazing ending, but every sequel takes more and more away from the original and offers nothing new to fans, much like Scream.

I feel the same way about Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street.