Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   True Crime (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Granny (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67114)

Repo'd 05-18-2016 04:55 AM

My Granny

in the 1970's, my Grandmother on my fathers side killed a guy and wasn't charged. The police knew she did it. Hell, she called the cops to tell them she did it, but she never spent a second behind bars.

Details? Long story short...my Granny rented rooms in south Jersey and this dude was one of her boarders. An older guy named Jerry, around my granny's age, which would have been 78 or thereabouts. So, this guy takes a room and soon after, while he and Granny are standing in the kitchen, he grabs Granny's tit. She tells him that if he ever touches her again, she'll make sure it's the last time. So, Jerry grabs her tit again. Naturally Grandma responds by splitting the dude's skull with a cast iron frying pan. He immediately dropped to the floor, his blood spreading across the white tile. The guy dies right there, in the kitchen. Murder? Manslaughter?

Nope. Local cops found out that Jerry was a sex criminal and was on the run from multiple rape and assault charges in Delaware, He was also wanted in Maryland for aggravated assault on a minor. Apparently the Jersey cops looked at his less than stellar record, and took my Granny's age and excellent, long standing reputation in the community into consideration, and decided to call it self defense.

My granny never talked about it, but through my Father and some aunts who were close to Granny at the time, I found out the particulars of the case.

My Grandmother died years later at the age of 99.

hammerfan 05-18-2016 05:41 AM

Your Granny's a hero!!!

Repo'd 05-18-2016 05:53 AM

Thanks Hammer,I sort of have to agree. Not sure killing people is a healthy way to go about things, but the guy she offed was a real piece of shit. I doubt he was missed much.

My Grandma was never one to back down. Tough old broad, as my Dad used to say.

SerialKiller 05-18-2016 08:37 AM

He had it coming. He only had himself to blame. If you'd have been there, if you'd have seen it, I betcha you would have done the same.

Repo'd 05-18-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1013490)
He had it coming. He only had himself to blame. If you'd have been there, if you'd have seen it, I betcha you would have done the same.

Yep, no argument there, SK. I would have taken very strong objection to that bullshit.

SerialKiller 05-18-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1013491)
Yep, no argument there, SK. I would have taken very strong objection to that bullshit.

That's really lyrics from the song Cell Block Tango in the movie Chicago. It's a very catchy song about ladies committing murder. It just came to mind while reading about your grandmother. Sometimes in life these things happen, so good for her for defending herself.

Fabulous she lived to see 99, that's one of my long term goals. ::big grin::

Repo'd 05-18-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1013503)
That's really lyrics from the song Cell Block Tango in the movie Chicago. It's a very catchy song about ladies committing murder. It just came to mind while reading about your grandmother. Sometimes in life these things happen, so good for her for defending herself.

Fabulous she lived to see 99, that's one of my long term goals. ::big grin::

Haha!! I've never seen the movie or the stage show, so those lyrics went right over my head.

I sincerely hope you hit that 99 year goal, SK! Live long and prosper, as they say.::wink::

Roiffalo 05-19-2016 08:29 PM

She sounded awesome, man. Someone who would easily go on my list of personal heroes.

Kat 05-20-2016 12:05 AM

Whoa!

Repo'd 05-24-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1013532)
She sounded awesome, man. Someone who would easily go on my list of personal heroes.

Makes me proud to hear you say that, Roi. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat (Post 1013541)
Whoa!

That's what I said the first time I heard about it!