Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Books & Fiction Writing (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What book u reading at the moment? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19622)

noctuary 08-23-2006 04:37 PM

Just finished reading The Ruins by Scott Smith, a mainstream author who has apparently decided to try horror. I'll put it simply: this is an excellent novel. This is a very grim and disturbing book, definitely not for those looking for a little light reading. Quick synopsis: a group of young college students has taken a trip to Cancun. Circumstances lead them to seek out an archaeological dig site in the Yucatan, where things take a sudden and drastic turn for the horrific. I would recommend this book highly, but only for those who enjoy particularly gloomy horror.

Currently reading: A Cavern of Black Ice by J.V. Jones. On deck: the 16th "Best New Horror" collection, edited by Stephen Jones.

Miss Olivia 08-24-2006 11:37 AM

Currently working my way through China Boy by Gus Lee.

hammerfan 08-24-2006 11:59 AM

Introduction to Animal Care

OK, it's not a book, but that's what I'm reading

urgeok 08-25-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hammerfan
Introduction to Animal Care

OK, it's not a book, but that's what I'm reading

if i could get 10 seconds of free time .. it would have been "they thirst"

hammerfan 08-25-2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
if i could get 10 seconds of free time .. it would have been "they thirst"
You should make sure you get 10 seconds of free time - it's an awesome book!

bastard! :D

urgeok 08-25-2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hammerfan
You should make sure you get 10 seconds of free time - it's an awesome book!

bastard! :D

no - i meant that if i had 10 seconds of extra time - it would be the book YOU are reading at the moment..

i already read it years ago..

I just need time to get this in the mail to you ..

hammerfan 08-25-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
no - i meant that if i had 10 seconds of extra time - it would be the book YOU are reading at the moment..

i already read it years ago..

I just need time to get this in the mail to you ..

Oooohhhhhh, I get it now!

damn menopausal brain!

circusfreak 08-26-2006 09:39 AM

I have just re-read for the millionth time The Fog by James Herbert. All in one day. I managed to get it off Ebay, the 1977 version I had as a kid, and it still stands the test of time. Especially the bit in the school gym.

noctuary 08-26-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by circusfreak
I have just re-read for the millionth time The Fog by James Herbert. All in one day. I managed to get it off Ebay, the 1977 version I had as a kid, and it still stands the test of time. Especially the bit in the school gym.
I don't really like Herbert in general, but that book has some scenes that are just superb. For example, the one where the lady tries to drown herself, changes her mind at the last minute, and then gets pushed out to sea by the lemming-like charge of infected folks. Great stuff.

Miss Olivia 08-27-2006 03:59 PM

The Executioner's Song. Again.