Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Games (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is your favorite survival horror game (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67886)

wolverine21 01-05-2017 05:47 AM

What is your favorite survival horror game

tell me what your favorite horror game (old or new) and why.

ChasinTheTrane 03-25-2017 11:53 AM

Fatal Frame II is my favorite. It's an eerie experience throughout the entire game and I LOVE the mechanic with the camera.

Angra 03-25-2017 12:38 PM

Fatal Frame 1 and 3 for me. 2 might have the better story but I thought the other two had the best scares.

The Villain 03-25-2017 06:05 PM

Resident Evil i guess. But i also really loved Clock Tower

ThorstenTA 04-13-2017 11:35 AM

Outlast!!!!

My favorite game is definitly Outlast!

I really loved the game and I'am excited to get my Outlast 2 Key! This game will be soooo awesome <3

ImmortalSlasher 06-28-2017 09:45 PM

The best is probably the original Resident Evil and the perfected Resident Evil Remake.

Dice Rollen 07-18-2017 03:30 PM

I agree with ThorstenTA. So far my favorite has been Outlast & the Whistleblower dlc.

sophieforum1 07-26-2017 06:50 AM

I agree

Outlast was very good, it scared me so often and the setting was awesome!

Dice Rollen 08-03-2017 11:51 AM

Another game that's quickly becoming a favorite of mine is Sally Face. It reminds me a lot of the style & atmosphere of Fran Bow.

skullboy 08-12-2017 12:55 AM

Walking Dead

Walking Dead 400 Days, i love it because i always felt like it is really happening and some so touching emotional scene.

scottybyrd666 08-16-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher (Post 1025351)
The best is probably the original Resident Evil and the perfected Resident Evil Remake.

i love the remake as well zero is pretty good too!!

A88 08-29-2017 12:02 PM

Outlast 2 or Evil dead retribution

WildCoyote140 09-05-2017 08:38 AM

The Fatal Frame series has always been my favorite. If I had to pick one of them, it would probably have to be the second one. I even have a red butterfly tattoo-- it's pretty close to my heart (both literally and figuratively =) )

There is just something so beautiful yet creepy about the series, and the visuals and storylines are always compelling.

Tom Morvolo Riddle 09-25-2017 09:09 AM

Fav Game

Outlast Forever!

LuvablePsycho 04-17-2018 05:59 AM

I can't pick just one lol that's like asking me to pick who my favorite child is. I'll just list some of the ones I love the most:

Resident Evil remake
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Outbreak File#1
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4 The Room
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame 3 The Tormented
Haunting Ground
Siren
Siren Blood Curse
Lone Survivor
House of the Dead Overkill
CarnEvil

Edit: I'm also in the process of trying to play Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare and Deadly Premonition so maybe I will add those games to my list of favorites too.

Chevalier 07-27-2018 12:09 PM

I used to play Urban Dead, which is a browser based game in the setting.

cheebacheeba 07-30-2018 06:15 AM

The one that really did it for me first would be Resident Evil 2.
I'd played the first. Liked it. Something about the second just ticked more boxes for me. More atmospheric. I preferred the main protagonist. Better setting/s.
Just a real PROPER sequel. Outdid the original while paying spades of respect to it.
It was at this point I remember thinking I'd be very surprised if we didn't see more from the franchise.

LuvablePsycho 08-05-2018 04:33 PM

I honestly have to say that Siren is the scariest game I ever played. It's also the hardest game I have ever played I was never able to beat it without using a guide.

ImmortalSlasher 08-06-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032588)
I honestly have to say that Siren is the scariest game I ever played. It's also the hardest game I have ever played I was never able to beat it without using a guide.

That's on my list to play. I think there was a remake as well but I'm going to try the original first.

LuvablePsycho 08-07-2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher (Post 1032600)
That's on my list to play. I think there was a remake as well but I'm going to try the original first.

There is and it's actually pretty good. It has the same plot as the first game but with American characters filling in the roles of the Japanese characters and the gameplay is improved a lot.

The only complaint I have about it is that it's a much shorter game than the original Siren and I actually thought it was too easy compared to the first game. But other than that it is a really good game and I recommend trying it after you play the first game. ::smile::

cheebacheeba 08-09-2018 04:58 AM

Anyone here ever come across "Illbleed". Quite a unique title.

I WANTED to like Obscure, didn't really work for me. Cinematic feel to it was cool but beyond that, nah, didn't grab me.

LuvablePsycho 08-09-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1032649)
Anyone here ever come across "Illbleed". Quite a unique title.

I WANTED to like Obscure, didn't really work for me. Cinematic feel to it was cool but beyond that, nah, didn't grab me.

I played Obscure and Obscure: Aftermath. I liked the first game better because you could make choices that determined who survived in the end.

I feel like the games were inspired by movies like The Faculty and Disturbing Behavior, which were both movies that I never really cared for.

maniak 09-10-2018 01:42 AM

My fav

Actually I have two favorites, Clive Barker's Undying and Alien: Isolation.
You can purchase Clive Barker's Undying from for only 1.29 euro (09/10/2018).

https://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying

akirajay 06-26-2020 09:49 AM

My favourite horror game is The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival skills in this game. I want to share those points which I gathered from my personal experience.
*Navigation is the key in this game.
*Manage the resources.
*Set up Camp and be efficient.
*Prioritize tasks.
These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

Angra 06-26-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akirajay (Post 1043077)
My favourite horror game is The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival skills in this game. I want to share those points which I gathered from my personal experience.
*Navigation is the key in this game.
*Manage the resources.
*Set up Camp and be efficient.
*Prioritize tasks.
These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

But is it horror?

escaperoomus 06-22-2021 02:39 AM

Escape games

Rather than playing games on mobile, computer, or tabs, one should try playing games in Escape rooms. It will surely give you a lifetime experience. Just check out escaperoom.com website. They have a wide variety of games.

BoxFaceStar 06-24-2021 05:19 AM

Condemned!

Both Condemned 1 and 2 are my favorite, I feel like not enough people talk about these two games!

BoxFaceStar 06-24-2021 05:41 AM

P.T.

This might seem a little vanilla for this forum, but my favorite horror game is definitely PT. I'm saddened so much potential went to waste.

DrewG 06-30-2021 11:02 AM

Silent Hill 2 for sure!
Even if it's not the scariest game I've ever played, the story is just to amazing to ignore

TaeKwonZombie 07-01-2021 07:59 PM

resident evil 2 the original of course

Lefderkin 07-13-2021 07:18 AM

I like Fatal Frame more

TaeKwonZombie 07-17-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefderkin (Post 1048640)
I like Fatal Frame more

thats a game series I never got around to playing, because I always forget it exists and never put an effort to buy any of the games, but I will at some point

Angra 07-17-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie (Post 1048687)
thats a game series I never got around to playing, because I always forget it exists and never put an effort to buy any of the games, but I will at some point

You sound like a slacker.

TaeKwonZombie 07-18-2021 11:18 AM

hahaha i guess so! it looks like there are some of those games on ps4, which one would you recommend?

Angra 07-18-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie (Post 1048695)
hahaha i guess so! it looks like there are some of those games on ps4, which one would you recommend?

Those.

Although I will admit I’m a graphic snob myself, so old games are quite the turn off.

TaeKwonZombie 07-18-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1048697)
Those.

Although I will admit I’m a graphic snob myself, so old games are quite the turn off.

oooh..

ImmortalSlasher 07-20-2021 09:22 PM

I want to get into the Fatal Frame series myself. Going back to the original. I'll have to get it used now. I really hate how the pandemic drove sealed game prices to stupid amounts. People with money to burn "investing" in sealed games that just about everyone opened to play. Companies grading how tight the plastic seal is. Even "grading" games in hard plastic cases. It's stupid.

Peter A 07-24-2021 11:11 PM

These rumours about a certain franchise coming back, are nippy.

Seriously. Like Konami even cares anymore.