Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   THUMBS UP ON NEW DAWN/DEAD, for sure!!!! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4783)

conductor31 03-19-2004 12:00 PM

THUMBS UP ON NEW DAWN/DEAD, for sure!!!!

Man this was a fucken great movie, the only similarities it has with the orig. is the mall. I will have this for my collection, and I will go see it at least 1 more time in the theater. If you go see it stay for the credits, the movie continues (sort of ) till the names stop. I highhly doubt any horror fan will dislike this flick. 2 thumbs way up.

horrorfellow 03-19-2004 01:59 PM

I'm really excited. I'm going to see it tommorow, unless my stupid friend wants to see Hidiglio instead. then I'll say, "all right", but will I be mad the whole time. I really should stand up for my horror movie rights!;)

Angelakillsluts 03-19-2004 02:13 PM

I'm going to see it tomorrow, I hope I'm not disappointed like I was with the TCM remake.

crazy clown 03-19-2004 05:17 PM

i saw it like 1 hour ago. i thought it was really cool. i do think that they did use a little to much gore, taking it maybe to extremes sometimes. but other than that i thought that the movie was a good watch.

massacre man 03-19-2004 05:20 PM

i wanna see it soon but i dont wanna wait for my b-day next saturday

massacre man 03-19-2004 05:26 PM

the posters cool! at least i liked it

Heineken 03-19-2004 08:07 PM

haha Burt Reynolds ;)

conductor31 03-19-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Heineken
haha Burt Reynolds ;)
dont forget Jay fucking Leno

joeltrae 03-19-2004 11:32 PM

Yeah, you young whippersnappers will like the remake because you have'nt seen THE ORIGINAL!!!!! To Hell with remakes unless they are on the level of John Carpenter's "The Thing", which was a remake of "The Thing From Another World". Until producers and directors can do what John Carpenter accomplished, I say no more FREAKING REMAKES!! If you don't agree with me you are probably a stupid teeny bopper!

Killer Priest 03-20-2004 02:39 AM

Ditto. I never like Re-makes much but if Hollywood keeps this trend up, I might change my mind. It's a Very Good Movie!!

Bless you all!!!

joeltrae 03-20-2004 07:24 AM

Sacriligious, you freaking Heritic. Are you saying it is better than George Romero's vision, or have you not experienced the original you sad freaking PUNK! Remakes have only EVER been done correctly ONCE, John Carpenters' "The Thing". The remake of "The Thing From Another World". This remaking BULLCRAP by directors hjas got to STOP!! If they are not INSPIRED with creative ideas like John Carpenter was, they should just go to HELL, and start working at McDonald's. PATHETIC!! I hope you teenagers think it is a good movie, even though more than half of you have not seen the real deal, the ORIGINAL!

xshiny_demonx 03-20-2004 07:40 AM

dude up top...i have seen the original, great flick...and yea better then this remake. i figured ppl wouldnt even know about the original well...the freshman type on cell phones at the movies. i do think this was a pretty decent movie....good looking zombies...although i prefer the slow dumb kind...and the camera work was great, like u where really there...but to many wrong lines at the wrong times...and the charactors...i didnt care about n e of them, all pretty bland. so im looking at it as if it had nothing to do w/ the original...the beefing up the bus ideal going to the docks...kinda lame really. but overall it was worth watching.

joeltrae 03-20-2004 08:03 AM

Hey, while we're at it let's remake Stanlley Kubrick's vision of "The Shining" for the big screen. It can be IMPROVED UPON! This is PATHETIC, directors have to rummage through the GREATEST horror movies of all time to make a movie. Hey, directors, you ever hear of originality? To hell with you bastards that spend money on this crap and encourage MEDIOCRITY laziness, and reward NO TALENT! Go ahead stupid freaking teenagers, you are encouraging major studios to play to the lowest common denominator. They will take no chances as long as you support them!

Vodstok 03-20-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by joeltrae
Hey, while we're at it let's remake Stanlley Kubrick's vision of "The Shining" for the big screen. It can be IMPROVED UPON! This is PATHETIC, directors have to rummage through the GREATEST horror movies of all time to make a movie. Hey, directors, you ever hear of originality? To hell with you bastards that spend money on this crap and encourage MEDIOCRITY laziness, and reward NO TALENT! Go ahead stupid freaking teenagers, you are encouraging major studios to play to the lowest common denominator. They will take no chances as long as you support them!

Have you seen it yet? It was good. The original is one of my favorite horror flicks, but this one was awesome. Very well done. Good characters, good acting.

DDarko50 03-20-2004 08:20 PM

was there anything comprehensable in there??

Anyways i saw the movie.. I loved it.

thepsychicfetus 03-20-2004 08:21 PM

First of all, Pluto is retarded for writing in all caps, that just pisses me off cause its gay. Second, Joeltrae, you need to lighten up. Movies are doomed to be remade. I mean for gods sake, the shining was remade into a tv movie. Another thing is that the remake of this movie wasnt even that bad. I saw the original quite a long time before i saw this one, theres no comparison, but it is still a good movie. Have you even seen it yet or are you just bitching about it. And if you havent, i would suggest you do because youll be surprised. Oh, and JUST because you put SOME words in CAPS does not MAKE us want to believe YOU anymore. Also, if you get a second, pull the fucking stick out of your ass.;)

thepsychicfetus 03-20-2004 08:25 PM

It's a scandilamity!

bloodyvalentine 03-20-2004 08:43 PM

Good could have been greater

I saw the new Dawn Of The Dead on friday first showing of the day to a sold out audience. I thought the movie was great but that there was to much focus at the people running around then on the zombies as in Night, Dawn and Day.

I would have like to have seen more close up's on the zombie's. I also noticed how desensatized people are today that including myself because everyone was laughing especially the chainsaw accident lol. I was about to start rolling on the floor.

There were a few people screaming and one baby yes that's right a baby started screaming and crying (parents today bringing a baby to a horror movie) alot of people were getting annoyed but nothing was said till i stood up and handled some business where i yelled and i got a little applause from the people around me.

I wasn't too fond of how it ended but what can you do. All in all it was a great movie and i'll probably see it a few more times. The parts they showed during the credits were great.

Also i the jazzy version of Disturbed is now my new theme song.

thepsychicfetus 03-20-2004 09:23 PM

it was a good movie. period. end of story.

vampire queen 03-21-2004 07:07 AM

I agree...great movie. As much as I love the original, this one was 10x better. The zombies were more "real", instaed of looking like robots.
No one in the theatre I was in laughed at the chainsaw.......:eek:

radio667 03-21-2004 07:34 AM

I loved the movie ..but i also Love Romero's Dawn Of The Dawn , and to be honest - both are total different films - the only simliar points are the title , the mall ,and the phrase " when there is no room in Hell , the Dead will walk the Earth " - everything thing else is not a carbon copy that you would see in a standard remake ( case in point the remake of Psycho ) Charaters , plot twist ( i was waiting for the Cycle Gang to bust into the mall ) - hey even the Zombies were different - less like Frat Boys the morning after their first time on spring break , and more like really , really pissed off Homeless people on crack ...btw if you ask me - their was not enough blood and gore - i cant wait for an unrated director's cut on DVD - also i loved the ending ( i guess its some sort of unwritten law that Zombie films can not end on a high note , and this one was pretty crappy ..once again my cup of tea ;) ) also about the ending - very much a tribute to Cannibal Holocaust and Blair Witch Project ( filmed with a shakey hand held cam ) then Romero's vision of the Apocalypse .

x[NNY]x 03-21-2004 07:35 AM

Re: THUMBS UP ON NEW DAWN/DEAD, for sure!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by conductor31
Man this was a fucken great movie, the only similarities it has with the orig. is the mall. I will have this for my collection, and I will go see it at least 1 more time in the theater. If you go see it stay for the credits, the movie continues (sort of ) till the names stop. I highhly doubt any horror fan will dislike this flick. 2 thumbs way up.
ughhh i wanna see it so bad

radio667 03-21-2004 07:46 AM

also - did anyone notice Tom Savini's cameo ? ( check out his web site - he goes on its chat room alot it seems http://www.savini.com/ ) and my vote for " straving actor " goes to the guy who was the lead in max headroom ...good god :eek: somebody give max a big mac or something - he looks like he was about to keel over and die ( and this was before they pull all that make up on him )

HappyCamper 03-21-2004 09:46 AM

i'll give my thumbs up (or down) once I see it. Right now I'm waiting too see if it's worth it! as most remakes suck ass!

Dark_Deacon 03-21-2004 01:40 PM

I am an avid lover of the original Romero movies but I have to say that this one was one of the best zombie movies. There was more (case in point) horror! Terror lied in every corner and there was less time for your heart to recoup when there was another twist. I loved some characters and hated others. Most were developed perfectly not giving you too much but giving you enough to care and still wonder where these people came from.

walking out of the theater I talked to a few old school fans and talked to them about it and they all say it was by far better than the original. But i stick with the notion that they are 2 very different movies. My final verdict

New school kicked Old School in the nuts,
especially the zombies they were stronger and more driven not the techno dancing ones.

Puls I liked how they had Peter from the original say the ever famous phrase "When theres no more room in Hell the dead will walk the Earth" and of course Savinis cameo was great.

PS: I felt bad for Andy

vampire queen 03-21-2004 03:06 PM

I just got back from seeing it for the second time........I just can't tell you enough how good it is. Steve had some good one liners, but I believe CJ was my fav. I also felt bad for Andy......he was cool.

You need to see this movie.

grave_walker 03-21-2004 04:31 PM

it dont come out over here in australia for ages... so i will have to wait, looks pretty cool although it'll have to work pretty hard to beat the first...

Vodstok 03-21-2004 04:48 PM

Anyone else notice Kevin's speech about wy they came to the mall? verbatem from the original

"Some kind of instinct. Memory, of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives. "

Dark_Deacon 03-21-2004 05:41 PM

yeah there were a few phrases like that. and its kenneth lol.

radio667 03-21-2004 05:49 PM

yup

Killer Clown#1 03-22-2004 03:42 AM

Well what I like about this one is that the zombies seem threating, not like in the original where you could take on 2 or 3 by slapping them:rolleyes:

Vodstok 03-22-2004 04:21 AM

I knew i got something wrong. Great, Vince Ramies is gonna kick my ass now :D:D:D

Anywho, The zombies in this were pretty bad. KLind of a cross between the original ones and the rage infected from 28 days later.

Is it just me, or were the kids the worst part of this movie? The friggin little girl and baby have made me not want to leave my room at night.

If i wake up and the neighbor's kid is in my house, I'm gonna shoot the bitch and worry about the consequences later.

Dark_Deacon 03-22-2004 12:21 PM

man its Ving Rhames!:p

Vodstok 03-22-2004 12:23 PM

:D haha!

THAT one was on purpose....:)

fluffho 03-22-2004 12:28 PM

how was the boo factor? as in did they do a good job in leading up to somethin surprising, or did they like in most movies make everything fuckin predictable and speed it up to much

i dont care much for overgore. overgore is just compensation for shitty acting, sets plot.. or what have you

anyway i AM tempted to see this but ill wait to see more of your guys thoug hts

then again knowing me ill just wait till it comes out for free on base HAH!

now nasty kids VODSTOK that scares me too LOL... :(

Vodstok 03-22-2004 12:56 PM

It's awesome. It doesnt rely on cheap tactics like too many *quiet the BOO!* scares, and doesnt over-do the gore. It is very good at building tension, then giving you a harsh release.

Freddy Krueger. 03-22-2004 01:47 PM

I never seen it but I plan to.

Weird Terrain 03-22-2004 02:40 PM

At first, when I heard about the remake, I just thought people were crazy, and that the end of good horror was coming sooner than exspectet, but then I thought - hey, lets give it a chance. I am going to watch the movie, when I get the chance, and with an open mind. I hope it will surprise me, and it sounds pretty good from what you guys have told. Though I dont like what someone said about the only thing being similare to the original was the mall. That doesnt sound too good. I really hate it when they change too much of the original movie. It really makes me think, why they didnt just make a whole new movie, insted og taking some credits from the old one, and not even being able to do ot good. If you know what I mean.

Well anyway, I hope it'll be good. :)

crazy clown 03-22-2004 03:40 PM

i thought that the prgegnant woman scene was too long. the scene at the very beginning was pretty cool. it was no. 1 in the box office this weekend. it was fitting movie to dethrone "the passion" if you ask me.

massacre man 03-22-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thepsychicfetus
First of all, Pluto is retarded for writing in all caps, that just pisses me off cause its gay. Second, Joeltrae, you need to lighten up. Movies are doomed to be remade. I mean for gods sake, the shining was remade into a tv movie. Another thing is that the remake of this movie wasnt even that bad. I saw the original quite a long time before i saw this one, theres no comparison, but it is still a good movie. Have you even seen it yet or are you just bitching about it. And if you havent, i would suggest you do because youll be surprised. Oh, and JUST because you put SOME words in CAPS does not MAKE us want to believe YOU anymore. Also, if you get a second, pull the fucking stick out of your ass.;)
i agree with most of what u said SPOILER! i liked the axe in the car part at the start of the shining tv movie