Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trailer Discussion (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12540)

DeadbeatAtDawn 04-03-2019 12:32 PM

Thumb resize.

cheebacheeba 05-24-2019 04:00 AM

Well...here's a thing...

hammerfan 05-24-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1038358)
Well...here's a thing...

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this.

cheebacheeba 05-24-2019 06:27 AM

I know I am. Next Gen was my first exposure to ST.

hammerfan 05-24-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1038362)
I know I am. Next Gen was my first exposure to ST.

Well, I'm old, so, the original Star Trek for me. ::big grin::::cool::

Amalthea_unicorn 06-25-2019 10:00 AM

Banana Splits trailer

cheebacheeba 07-22-2019 04:56 PM

Some of our older members...what do you think of this?

The show never came out here, but my daughter has watched the kind of "junior" spiritual successor "Daniel Tiger", which I'm sure only loosely compares.
The more I've seen about this guy, the more...I realise he's kind of a product of a bygone era, which is depressing. Seemed like an honestly nice guy.
Tom Hanks...well...doesn't look a huge lot like him, but it's really hard to say that he's not totally nailing it in terms of channeling the guy. In my mind, he's a pretty good choice. Thoughts?

Here you go, more Picard, M:

Raises a few questions...Who's the girl? Is humanity somehow enslaved, or have no "real" outside? What's happened since? Is that Data? B4? An illusion in Picards head? A holodeck simulation? What name will "she" go by now? I'm...actually really hanging for this, they have the opportunity to do something amazing here.

hammerfan 07-23-2019 03:34 AM

The Mr. Rogers movie doesn't really affect me. I never watched him when I was a kid. I was more a Captain Kangaroo and Captain Noah kind of kid. And cartoons.

Now, I'm looking forward to Picard. Simply because I love Patrick Stewart.

Bloof 07-23-2019 04:00 AM

I liked him ( Mr. Rogers).Found him very calming. Didnt watch him that much though. Tom Hanks? He sounds a little like the Forrest Gump character playing him. He's a very talented actor but i think they should have gone for someone relatively unknown.

Sculpt 07-23-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1038924)
Some of our older members...what do you think of this?

The show never came out here, but my daughter has watched the kind of "junior" spiritual successor "Daniel Tiger", which I'm sure only loosely compares.
The more I've seen about this guy, the more...I realise he's kind of a product of a bygone era, which is depressing. Seemed like an honestly nice guy.
Tom Hanks...well...doesn't look a huge lot like him, but it's really hard to say that he's not totally nailing it in terms of channeling the guy. In my mind, he's a pretty good choice. Thoughts?

The movie bothers me. The essence of Mr Rogers is Mr Rogers. That is his actual living spirit. You can't recreate that. You can only fall way too far from that tree to bother with an actor doing him in a film. I might actually dig somebody sincerely imitating him with live performances, but not in a film. It's too icky.

I understand there's a recent documentary on him, "Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)". Has good reviews. I'm sure I'll see that sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1038924)
Here you go, more Picard, M:

Raises a few questions...Who's the girl? Is humanity somehow enslaved, or have no "real" outside? What's happened since? Is that Data? B4? An illusion in Picards head? A holodeck simulation? What name will "she" go by now? I'm...actually really hanging for this, they have the opportunity to do something amazing here.

looks interesting. The holodeck was the best addition from NextGen. Could be a Matrix type of thing. That could be cool. A type of Borg system, echoing A Brave New World via holodeck.

Did you ever see, or remember, the Next Gen ep "The Inner Light"? One of the best eps, where Picard lives a whole life via this projection of an ancient artifact floating in space -- like a lifelong tape on a 'Brainstorm (1983)' tape.