Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help, movie titles. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2471)

-Corn_Dude- 12-21-2003 08:57 AM

Need help, movie titles.

Hey guys!

I'm new here and i was wondering if you could help me out with a few lost movie titles... nostalgia :)

A gory 80ies flick. A group of people, somesort of researchers i think, venture into a cave, where they get transfomed into zombie like mindless craziess. I remember a scene with a women lying on the ground, unconssies, her head splitting open revealing tentacles that tear off the head off the nearest person, with hanging him from a ravine. Yucky.

A sci-fi horror "Galaxy of terror" type movie. A spacecrew gets stuck on a planet and one after one, they, again, get turned into mindless beasts by something VERY large that resembles human form but with a, i think, reptilian face. It also hangs his victims like pork sausages from their legs in his "quarters."

A sci-fi thriller -A space station, the crew and a big steel robot. One the guys take control of him, wipes out the crew and eventually caputres the only remaining people -a guy and a gal. By then the robot and his master already "merged" in flesh (his own :) ) and steel but eventually get killed with the sacrifice of the guy. The woman survives.

Another "stuck-on-the-spacestation-with-the-bad-attitude-killer-alien" movie. The slimy wipes out the crew, exept, logically, for one guy and gal. But for once, really non cliche, the beasty, actually, just a puddly like heap of slimy jelly with eyes, doesn't get blown out of the airlock or shot, but actually makes friends with the survivors. The movie ends with puddly looking throu a window into space and "wawing" goodbye to the guy&gal.

A medival Tolkien like fantasy movie. A bunch of good guys go after the evil bastard who kidnapped the lady of the house. For this one, i remeber 4 things:
-always when one of the evil guy's soldiers was killed, something, not sure if totaly like that, worm like sprung out of his head.
-The band eventualy finds the dimension shifting evil guy's castle, climbs it and enters it, with a cyclop opening a door for them (the poor bastards gets stuck in the door while the castle dissappears. A few hundred feet above ground. Whoops! Splat!)
-The main bad guy turns out to be a GIANT baby-fetus like type beast... and he gets killed with the good guy's amulet.

6. Another fantasy movie. This time an army heads after an evil witch. There are also some small hobbit like creatues that go with them. Eventually they reach the broad, she starts turning them all into pigs, but gets killed by the small dude and a wizard type fellow (not sure if male/female) before it's all done.

If anyone knows the titles of these movies, please do tell. I'd really like to see them again. Thank you

Ritualistic 12-21-2003 09:11 AM

not sure but the first one sounds like demons.. it is an argento flick...

look familiarhttp://www.monstersinmotion.com/dvd/demonsdvdflg.jpg

the original cover looks completely different, it has a demon on the front with some fucked up looking teeth and it is sweating....

avenger00soul 12-21-2003 11:20 AM

5. Krull

6. Willow

Wish I could be of more help.

meetthecreeper 12-21-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by avenger00soul
5. Krull

6. Willow

Wish I could be of more help.

Avenger you may know this, wasnt Krull the movie that had like the highest budget cost to make and made the least amount of money at the box office. I thought I remember something like that about this film.

avenger00soul 12-21-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by meetthecreeper
Avenger you may know this, wasnt Krull the movie that had like the highest budget cost to make and made the least amount of money at the box office. I thought I remember something like that about this film.
Krull had an enormous budget for the time. Something like 50 million dollars. It's domestic gross was only 15 million. So, yeah that's bad.

HOWEVER, that's great compared to Pluto Nash. That piece of shit cost 100 million and only took in 4.41 million in the U.S.--making it the biggest bomb of all time. Ouch

cheebacheeba 12-21-2003 02:29 PM

the 3rd one sounds a little like "supernova"....
if u like space type thriller/horrors, i'd urge you to have a look at "event horizon" if you haven't already, anyone agree on this?

avenger00soul 12-21-2003 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cheebacheeba
the 3rd one sounds a little like "supernova"....
if u like space type thriller/horrors, i'd urge you to have a look at "event horizon" if you haven't already, anyone agree on this?

I'll agree.:) Event Horizon was a kick-ass outer space horror flick. Loved it when the guy ejected himself from the ship....without his suit on.

bloodygurl02 12-21-2003 06:20 PM

Re: Need help, movie titles.

Quote:

Originally posted by -Corn_Dude-
Hey guys!

I'm new here and i was wondering if you could help me out with a few lost movie titles... nostalgia :)

A gory 80ies flick. A group of people, somesort of researchers i think, venture into a cave, where they get transfomed into zombie like mindless craziess. I remember a scene with a women lying on the ground, unconssies, her head splitting open revealing tentacles that tear off the head off the nearest person, with hanging him from a ravine. Yucky.

A sci-fi horror "Galaxy of terror" type movie. A spacecrew gets stuck on a planet and one after one, they, again, get turned into mindless beasts by something VERY large that resembles human form but with a, i think, reptilian face. It also hangs his victims like pork sausages from their legs in his "quarters."

A sci-fi thriller -A space station, the crew and a big steel robot. One the guys take control of him, wipes out the crew and eventually caputres the only remaining people -a guy and a gal. By then the robot and his master already "merged" in flesh (his own :) ) and steel but eventually get killed with the sacrifice of the guy. The woman survives.

Another "stuck-on-the-spacestation-with-the-bad-attitude-killer-alien" movie. The slimy wipes out the crew, exept, logically, for one guy and gal. But for once, really non cliche, the beasty, actually, just a puddly like heap of slimy jelly with eyes, doesn't get blown out of the airlock or shot, but actually makes friends with the survivors. The movie ends with puddly looking throu a window into space and "wawing" goodbye to the guy&gal.

A medival Tolkien like fantasy movie. A bunch of good guys go after the evil bastard who kidnapped the lady of the house. For this one, i remeber 4 things:
-always when one of the evil guy's soldiers was killed, something, not sure if totaly like that, worm like sprung out of his head.
-The band eventualy finds the dimension shifting evil guy's castle, climbs it and enters it, with a cyclop opening a door for them (the poor bastards gets stuck in the door while the castle dissappears. A few hundred feet above ground. Whoops! Splat!)
-The main bad guy turns out to be a GIANT baby-fetus like type beast... and he gets killed with the good guy's amulet.

6. Another fantasy movie. This time an army heads after an evil witch. There are also some small hobbit like creatues that go with them. Eventually they reach the broad, she starts turning them all into pigs, but gets killed by the small dude and a wizard type fellow (not sure if male/female) before it's all done.

If anyone knows the titles of these movies, please do tell. I'd really like to see them again. Thank you

6 souns alot like willow to me not to sure about the rest. the small hobbit like creatures r eiter the elwins or the brownies. the wizard w/ the small fellow is razel and ita she. val kilmer and warwick davis r in it. very good movie

-Corn_Dude- 12-21-2003 09:27 PM

Thank you for the info, guys. For Krull and Willow i'm quite sure you are right (kinda funny how things turn out... i swore i would have to see the infamous Willow one day, without realising i have already seen it years ago)
But as for Demons... i'm not sure... i remember it VERY vaguely but i'm pretty sure it did happen in a somesort of a cave. Or could that have been a movie set?
Ritualistic, what is it that is familiar to you from the part of movie that i described?

Cheeba, you like event horizon? It's one of the most scariest and hair whitening things i have ever seen. It's also very special (or whichever movie was the starter for the psychological horror -horror, not thriller- movies) It's not the gore, chopped of head, legs and head exploding anymore... it's not anykind of incredibly imaginous made monsters either... it's not the suspense when someone is running away from a lumberjack dude with a hockey mask on his face and a machette in his hand... it's just ourselves, our own sins and fears, and most improtantly our own imagination which makes us scared 10 times more then anything that can be given anykind of psychichal form and labeled with: "this is what it is. This is exatcly what you should be afraid of"

What you can't see, taste or feel is ALWAYS scarier then what you can... and who thought that horror movies would eventualy get this much brains...

And one more thing. There is one more movie i would like you guys to make out:

A medival Conan like tale with two big and really muscular sword wielding brothers. 2 Guys that would fit under "barbarian" in any RPG.
The main baddy here is a witch that eventualy gets eaten by a monumental beast (a dragon i think) and takes an important jewel along with her. The lumberjack duded retrieve it... with hacking their way into the beast's stomach, climbing in, taking the jewel and getting out.
And there is also one quite funny scene i also remember -the guys are about to be hanged by their necks... they get saved when the branch breaks due to their wieght.

avenger00soul 12-22-2003 06:34 AM

Corn Dude, sounds like you are talking about The Barbarians in your last post. It stars the Barbarian Brothers, David and Peter Paul, and has the plot you described.