Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   abcs of death 2 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65194)

neilold 09-29-2014 12:59 AM

abcs of death 2

god, why do they keep producing this wank and why do people seem to like this one more even more than the first. A and B are not bad then it goes downhill rapidly, the one with the zombie courtroom is also pretty good, but it's a case of gems amongst the turds. "2 hour film with pushingtwenty minutes of enjoyment. If this is the future of horror directors i think i'll turn to rom-coms

views

Manimal 10-24-2014 08:06 PM

I have to respectfully disagree. I love this franchise and I think many of these short stories are brilliant. I personally think the second film outshines the first by a great deal, and contained some epic short horror films. It is such a fun horror adventure to have a collection of 26 different directors with completely different concepts and styles of writing, come together to produce an anthology of crazy horror like these. The second film is now on my top ten list of favourite horror films. My personal favourite short being, "S is for Split".

abcodi 10-25-2014 07:43 AM

I can't believe that there is a 2nd part! i did not like the first movie

Ferox13 10-27-2014 11:31 PM

From a fan of the 1st one (for the most part) - this was complete DREK.

A is for Amateur was good. There were a few ok ones, the rest pointless and not entertaining.

roshiq 10-28-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 981554)
From a fan of the 1st one (for the most part) - this was complete DREK.

A is for Amateur was good. There were a few ok ones, the rest pointless and not entertaining.

Ditto! The most crappiest anthology flick seen in years!::mad::

Ferox13 10-29-2014 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manimal (Post 981436)
The second film is now on my top ten list of favourite horror films. ".

You need to watch more films, my friend :-)

Manimal 10-29-2014 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 981619)
You need to watch more films, my friend :-)

Hahaha. I watch a LOT of horror films. I am both surprised and disappointed that most people didn't seem to enjoy the second film. I really liked it and thought it was much stronger than the first. But hey, to each their own, right? We all have different tastes, and that's what makes me happy to have found a community of horror fans to share thoughts on these films. I can't expect everyone to like what I do. I attribute the general dislike of ABC's of Death 2 to be the disjointed and low-budget nature of the whole thing. Sometimes I find that quite entertaining. If I watched any MORE films, I'd have to quit my job!

neilold 11-22-2014 01:13 AM

not so much the budget. Just stupid stories, that try to be 'innovative' or different, and mostly end up crap

horcrux2007 11-22-2014 05:30 AM

Ugh, I watched some of the first one, and it was atrocious. Why is there a sequel?

gabescc85 11-23-2014 09:36 PM

Not a fan

To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of this entry in the series. ABC's of Death wasn't really one of my favorites, but the second one I felt was really lacking. I felt like most of them were pretty boring and forgettable, but I feel the same about the first film really (besides D is for Dogfight which was AWESOME!). I watched this film right after watching VHS Viral, which I actually did like.